Author Topic: Tired & Soreness?  (Read 2074 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Tired & Soreness?
« on: March 03, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »
Ok, after lifting, I am DONE for the day.  I cannot even stay awake to watch TV.  That I can deal with, but what about the soreness on day 2?  I can't do anything at work cause I am all sore.  I just start sweating and get real tired and cranky. What are some ways you all get around these things?  I tried high dose vit C, and gallons of coffee, but little works...
you are gay.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Tired & Soreness?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »
Soreness is good but not to the degree you're describing. Maybe you're doing too many sets or are training too infrequently. Consider your workout schedule in terms of sets & frequency as well as whether you're getting adequate rest & protein.

Might help to take a long hot shower or bath the 2nd day, while moving the limbs around. Also try to be mildly active as in walking, to get the blood circulating.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »
Yeah, I think you are right.  My job makes me not lift for a week sometimes when it gets crazy, then I junp back in and lift heavy as hell.  I guess if I just lift heavy, like 4 times a week, I should not get THAT sore.  Thanks.
you are gay.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »
Some believe in once a week workouts, i'm not one of them. If you can manage then ya, 4 workouts weekly, hitting each muscle twice a week on a 2-day split. If work's a problem then ensure that you workout on each off day to minimize the conflict with work.

Another possibility that would probably help would be hitting the muscle once every 5 days.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »
yeah, here is my spit for 4 days a week
1. Chest and abs
2. Back and Biceps
day off
3. Shoulders and Triceps
4. Legs
off
off
repeat.
That works best for me cause I like to do 8-12 sets per body part. (exept bis and tris, I do 6-8 or so).
you are gay.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:37 PM »
What sort of soreness is it? Muscles, joints?

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 08:30:47 AM »
Just wondering if you get enought calories for your daily engery/maintence demands. As well as enought to recover and increase strength and muscle growth every day (can also be a cause of too much muscle muscle soreness). The mean average would be 3,000 calories, plus or minus, a day to place the body in the optium recovery and growth stage. Of course everyone varies in their daily calore needs so prehaps some adjustments will be needed in your diet. Might also be concerned with the blood sugar level, which the diet can affect in a positive or negative way. Quality oils/fats can be just as important as protein when working out. 

Any extreme soreness that still remains after working into a training program for a few weeks may need some atention as to why this happens. Your progran looks fairly average for any present day BB'er. If your chest, back, legs, etc are really sore the next day than put them through a light stretching session while using very light DB's. !5-20 light stretching exercises like DB bench presses (all the way down as far as you can stretch without discomfort), fly's, pullovers (straight arm), leg extension, etc. Only one or two sets of these very light  movements. All these to get the blood flowing at a greater volume through the sore area. Can also apply a sports creame or lotion as a heating agent before doing this stretching routine. If you can afford it than receive a sports massage once a week. I'm lucky that I can get professional massage quite often through where I work. They can really make a difference. Good Luck.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »
its muscle soreness by far.
you are gay.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 07:36:41 PM »
JPM is right about stretching. After working out, stretch every bodypart you worked. Spend 30 - 60 seconds on each stretch, and don't try to stretch so far that it becomes uncomfortable. Stretch inbetween sets aswell to keep the muscles ready to go the full range of motion.

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 09:41:23 PM »
try water instead of coffee and make sure to take protein/carb drink directly after workout and eat bigger after the workout ... and stop being a pansy.

SG  ::)