Author Topic: Republicans have a bunch of losers and shitty candidates except Carly Fiorina  (Read 6560 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Republicans have a bunch of losers and shitty candidates except Carly Fiorina
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2015, 12:18:41 PM »
How so?  Are you talking about physician assisted suicide? 

Of course. Four states outta fifty, though?

Just went through it with my gal's Mom. Time and bullshit involved in establishing residency and whatnot makes it near impossible for anyone outside those four. Cancer killed her in the monthslong process; totally unnecessary - immoral even, ya ask me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Republicans have a bunch of losers and shitty candidates except Carly Fiorina
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:59 PM »
Of course. Four states outta fifty, though?

Just went through it with my gal's Mom. Time and bullshit involved in establishing residency and whatnot makes it near impossible for anyone outside those four. Cancer killed her in the monthslong process; totally unnecessary - immoral even, ya ask me.

Sorry to hear that.  Very difficult, emotional, and painful process.  Cancer sucks.  What was stopping her from taking her own life? 

I don't think anyone should be forced to suffer.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2015, 12:37:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Very difficult, emotional, and painful process.  Cancer sucks.  What was stopping her from taking her own life? 

How would you suggest she'd have done so? You realize how horrific all those options are for loved ones, not to mention the poor lady herself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
Biden: Life Begins At Conception [VIDEO]
Steve Guest
Media Reporter
09/22/2015

Vice President Joe Biden believes life begins “at the moment of conception.”

“I’m prepared to accept that at the moment of conception there’s human life and being” Biden said, during an interview with Father Matt Malone, S.J. of “America Media.”

Biden, however, said that he would not “impose” that view on “non-­God­-fearing people that have a different view.”

At one point, Biden also acknowledged that “abortion is always wrong,” but again, he doesn’t want to “impose doctrine” on other people.

Asked if there was a place in the Democratic party for individuals who are pro-life, Biden replied, “Absolutely. Absolutely, positively. And that’s been my position for as long as I’ve been engaged.”

Read a transcript of Biden’s answer:

Father Matt Malone, S.J.:​ And yet there have been times, when talking about specific public policies, where you’ve had to take positions that were at odds with the bishops of this country on contentious questions like abortion. Has that been hard for you?

Joe Biden: ​It has been. It has been hard, in one sense, because I’m prepared to accept de fide doctrine on a whole range of issues as a Catholic, even though, as you know, Aquinas argued about, in Summa Theologica, about human life and being, when it occurs.

I’m prepared to accept as a matter of faith, my wife and I, my family, the issue of abortion, but what I’m not prepared to do is to impose a rigid view, a precise view, rigid sounds pejorative, a precise view that is born out of my faith, on other people who are equally God-­fearing, equally as committed to life, equally as committed to the sanctity of life.

I’m prepared to accept that at the moment of conception there’s human life and being, but I’m not prepared to say that to other God-­fearing, non­-God-­fearing people that have a different view.

Even — I don’t want to start a theological discussion, I’ll get in trouble, it’s above my pay grade, although it’s my avocation, but there’s, you know, there’s even been disagreement in our Church, not that — abortion is always wrong, but there’s been debate, and so, there’s, for me, a point where the Church makes a judgment, as we Catholics call, de fide doctrine, said, this is what our doctrine is.

All the principles of my faith, I make no excuse for attempting to live up to — I don’t all the time. But I’m not prepared to impose doctrine that I’m prepared to accept on the rest of — and I actually had that discussion with Pope Benedict.

It was — I had a wonderful meeting with him several months before he stepped down. It was like going back to theology class. And by the way, he wasn’t judgmental. He was open. I came away enlivened from the discussion.

Malone: ​Is there a place in the Democratic Party for people who are pro-­life?

Biden:​ Absolutely. Absolutely, positively. And that’s been my position for as long as I’ve been engaged.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/22/biden-life-begins-at-conception-video/#ixzz3mUwFBVcO

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
How would you suggest she'd have done so? You realize how horrific all those options are for loved ones, not to mention the poor lady herself.

I don't know?  Pills?  I don't think any of the options, including those involving a doctor, are good options. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2015, 12:58:34 PM »
I don't believe a single cell is "human" life.  

It is a difficult question.  Have you ever looked at the development of a baby in the womb?

I understand. But it was how you presented the question, which actually highlights the issue's vagueness.

I have looked into it, and it's absolutely complicated. Not even pretending to have solid ground beneath me. Nor am I comfortable, or even clear, on how terms are sometimes defined. But if brain death legally ends life; conception, it should follow, can't legally begin life (as defined medically).

We don't have a brain yet, just a potential human.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2015, 01:02:53 PM »
I understand. But it was how you presented the question, which actually highlights the issue's vagueness.

I have looked into it, and it's absolutely complicated. Not even pretending to have solid ground beneath me. Nor am I comfortable, or even clear, on how terms are sometimes defined. But if brain death legally ends life; conception, it should follow, can't legally begin life (as defined medically).

We don't have a brain yet, just a potential human.  

When does brain activity begin with an unborn baby? 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2015, 01:07:35 PM »
I don't know?  Pills?  I don't think any of the options, including those involving a doctor, are good options.  

Only pills that'll kill you for certain are those accessed exclusively by 'End of Life' practitioners. Even the stuff vets use is impossible to get. Desperate folks used to visit Mexico and whatnot for this, but that avenue closed, too.

Too much morphine usually induces vomit, and fatal anything ODs are mostly accidental. Can't guarantee death if you're trying, but you will flirt with irreversible brain damage.

As far as "good options" - agreed, there are only "better" options. I know if cancer promised to kill me, I'd most certainly find the doctor option preferable.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »
When does brain activity begin with an unborn baby?  

No idea. Imagine it'd be after the brain forms, though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »
If Carly wants to end PP, then she should become CEO of it. 

hahahah!   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »
Only pills that'll kill you for certain are those accessed exclusively by 'End of Life' practitioners. Even the stuff vets use is impossible to get. Desperate folks used to visit Mexico and whatnot for this, but that avenue closed, too.

Too much morphine usually induces vomit, and fatal anything ODs are mostly accidental. Can't guarantee death if you're trying, but you will flirt with irreversible brain damage.

As far as "good options" - agreed, there are only "better" options. I know if cancer promised to kill me, I'd most certainly find the doctor option preferable.

Cannot argue with you.  Although I will say that anyone who wants to end their own life can do it.  It may not be pretty, but it can be done. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
Cannot argue with you.  Although I will say that anyone who wants to end their own life can do it.  It may not be pretty, but it can be done.  

Of course. And much easier here than disarmed elsewhere.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »

Thank you.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2015, 10:50:45 PM »
Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Scott walker would be a better president than any of the democratic politicians that can possibly be nominated. If you watched any of the gop debates you'd see that their knowledge far surpasses that of a Hilary clinton

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2015, 05:17:08 AM »
Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Scott walker would be a better president than any of the democratic politicians that can possibly be nominated. If you watched any of the gop debates you'd see that their knowledge far surpasses that of a Hilary clinton

Too bad God wants Hilary to be POTUS.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2015, 12:56:13 PM »
Too bad God wants Hilary to be POTUS.
if it was up to God guy fieri would have been president long ago

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »
if it was up to God guy fieri would have been president long ago

So God was just pranking those GOPers that he "told" to run because that is what he wanted?