Author Topic: Am I wrong or Mr O has drasticly declined in popularity in general?  (Read 6473 times)

Neymar Barca

• Getbig II
over the years I followed the main bodybuilding related pages,and I remember that not only for the Olympia but in general for every show especially for ARNOLD,New York Pro and as well the Olympia - there was so much more excitment than today! this year I noticed the biggest decline in bodybuilding in general,on the site bodybuilding.com before every show there were new fans  posting pics,then comparation pics with athletes,then pictures comparations from previous years etc and nowadays I didnt see not only just that but I didnt see anything beside general athletes update in 1 thread and thats it... before was various threads,excitment,talking,battleing,today nothing!
maybe just people are watching more things on their mobile phones,on Instagram.Facebook and various social media so there is no point to go to the internet site... AMI has a drop in revenue this year 15

http://nypost.com/2015/08/07/american-media-ceo-enjoying-pay-raise/

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Am I wrong or Mr O has drasticly declined in popularity in general?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »
Professional Bodybuilding IFBB style has gone down the shitter!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »
No one cares, asshole.
X

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
Physiques are worse
Lighting is worse
Coverage is worse
Top 5 is pretty much clear beforehand
"Supplements awards"...

What did they expect?

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »
Mr. ... what???
 ;D
©

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »
Professional Bodybuilding IFBB style has gone down the shitter!!

Agreed...they really need to revamp the way they do things.....also the personalities just aren't as big as they once were in the 90's.....Levrone, Ronnie, Shawn, Titus, Kamali, Flex, Gunter, Ruhl,Dorian, Nasser, Priest...etc..you just can't beat those guys...even the lower tier guys like Matarazzo and Chicherillo were much more interesting than these guys these days...  

No one cares any more...also the Weiders are dead so bodybuilding is just about businessmen now..there is truly no passion behind the sport....and all the innocence is gone due to EVERYONE knowing about the "supplements"....back then there was a lot of naivety and people thought they could actually look like the bodybuilders if they just trained hard enough (hahaha)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 10:34:37 AM »
gym and fitness culture is popular

IFBB pro bb is not

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »
gym and fitness culture is popular

IFBB pro bb is not

A lot of hardcore gyms have closed...good point...that doesn't help..you're not gonna build a big physique working out at Planet Fitness

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »
the pussification of America continues
a

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
Agreed...they really need to revamp the way they do things.....also the personalities just aren't as big as they once were in the 90's.....Levrone, Ronnie, Shawn, Titus, Kamali, Flex, Gunter, Ruhl,Dorian, Nasser, Priest...etc..you just can't beat those guys...even the lower tier guys like Matarazzo and Chicherillo were much more interesting than these guys these days... 

No one cares any more...also the Weiders are dead so bodybuilding is just about businessmen now..there is truly no passion behind the sport....and all the innocence is gone due to EVERYONE knowing about the "supplements"....back then there was a lot of naivety and people thought they could actually look like the bodybuilders if they just trained hard enough (hahaha)
Good post Andre` and right on the money...........unfortun ately.

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
A lot of hardcore gyms have closed...good point...that doesn't help..you're not gonna build a big physique working out at Planet Fitness

B.S.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »

^^
The whole thing has to do with the death of the Weiders, the "wolves in the fold" (Businessmen) were always there- BUT they HAD to make things "LOOK GOOD" for Joe and Ben...
After they were both dead, this is what we all have to deal with.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »
If Dexter won this year, this place would be on fire.

Since it's another coronation of Phil, and his antics (attacking fans, using #ascension nonstop) have made it a little uncomfortable for everyone.

Imagine any winner, in any sport, using #ascension in any way?   That's something you just don't do.  His lack of social awareness has alienating fans.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 01:01:27 PM »
Physiques are worse
Lighting is worse
Coverage is worse
Top 5 is pretty much clear beforehand
"Supplements awards"...

What did they expect?

The production quality of the webcast this year was embarrassingly bad.

Simple Simon

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
schmos aint what they used to be.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »
After Coleman, or actually really after Haney, Mr O went down the sewer................... .

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 01:19:13 PM »

Since it's another coronation of Phil, and his antics (attacking fans, using #ascension nonstop) have made it a little uncomfortable for everyone.

Imagine any winner, in any sport, using #ascension in any way?   That's something you just don't do.  His lack of social awareness has alienating fans.
^^
Floyd "Money" Mayweather pretty much does the same shit...

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

you got that right buddy were i live there is no hardcore gyms they all went out of business, i remember back in 1994

when i was a young lil bodybuilder trying to build up my puny pythons, there were a few power house gyms a golds gym ,  and some other shit holes in my area

they are all closed now

but i must admit my life time fitness  is pretty fucking well equiped

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »
over the years I followed the main bodybuilding related pages,and I remember that not only for the Olympia but in general for every show especially for ARNOLD,New York Pro and as well the Olympia - there was so much more excitment than today! this year I noticed the biggest decline in bodybuilding in general,on the site bodybuilding.com before every show there were new fans  posting pics,then comparation pics with athletes,then pictures comparations from previous years etc and nowadays I didnt see not only just that but I didnt see anything beside general athletes update in 1 thread and thats it... before was various threads,excitment,talking,battleing,today nothing!
maybe just people are watching more things on their mobile phones,on Instagram.Facebook and various social media so there is no point to go to the internet site... AMI has a drop in revenue this year 15

http://nypost.com/2015/08/07/american-media-ceo-enjoying-pay-raise/

go fuck a fleshlight lined with coral
Y

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »

I agree. Also picking fights with people on the Internet. I can't imagine tom Brady or Peyton manning acting the way he does. With social media bodybuilding could be a lot bigger because it's easy access. It says something when a guy who shows up in s&m gear and has done some pretty shocking things on camera is more popular than the champion.

I also think it goes deeper than just the fans because there seemed to be a lot of glee about the thought of phil losing.

The afterparty said something to me because it was not the place to be. The old olympia after parties were legendary.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 01:44:12 PM »

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
I agree. Also picking fights with people on the Internet. I can't imagine tom Brady or Peyton manning acting the way he does. With social media bodybuilding could be a lot bigger because it's easy access. It says something when a guy who shows up in s&m gear and has done some pretty shocking things on camera is more popular than the champion.

I also think it goes deeper than just the fans because there seemed to be a lot of glee about the thought of phil losing.

The afterparty said something to me because it was not the place to be. The old olympia after parties were legendary.

azure do you think the real reason phils is always pissed off , is he has had to suck alot of cock over the years and take some huge white cocks up the ass, and it pisses him off he has to do this to stay the champ

or is he just a miserable prick in general

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 02:31:37 PM »
azure do you think the real reason phils is always pissed off , is he has had to suck alot of cock over the years and take some huge white cocks up the ass, and it pisses him off he has to do this to stay the champ

or is he just a miserable prick in general

;D ;D ;D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 02:34:58 PM »
^^
Floyd "Money" Mayweather pretty much does the same shit...

But Mayweather  could care less about the public backlash, Phil can't handle it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 02:39:34 PM »
But Mayweather  could care less about the public backlash, Phil can't handle it.

Not to mention Phil would have to win 200 Olympias to make the dough that Mayweather makes in just one fight