Author Topic: DivorceCorp if this doesn't scare you from getting married nothing will.  (Read 12135 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Re: DivorceCorp if this doesn't scare you from getting married nothing will.
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2015, 04:26:38 PM »
As i mentioned before...wife and I are DINKs. And i fuckin love it. Wife wants kids and its creating a strain as i dont really want them. The situation sucks

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
As i mentioned before...wife and I are DINKs. And i fuckin love it. Wife wants kids and its creating a strain as i dont really want them. The situation sucks

Did you guys talk about that before and she just changed her mind.

I was upfront with wanting kiddies and if he didn't want a family, then he just wasn't right for me. Not a bad person we just wanted different things.

I think it's more brave to say you don't want kids and mean it, than people just doing it because they thibk that's what they are supposed to do. Lots of people have no business having children.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »
Just going to say this. I was married to my first wife for barely 2 years. Got married to the wrong girl for the wrong reasons. Thank god I did not have a kid with her. It would have changed the whole dynamic and I most likely would have never met my 2nd wife.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
Did you guys talk about that before and she just changed her mind.

I was upfront with wanting kiddies and if he didn't want a family, then he just wasn't right for me. Not a bad person we just wanted different things.

I think it's more brave to say you don't want kids and mean it, than people just doing it because they thibk that's what they are supposed to do. Lots of people have no business having children.

We kind of knew this time would come. We talked about it and she was always not sure and now she is sure. Big part of the reason is she is an only child, lacking a normal relationship with her mom n dad, so she wants to begin her own family. I feel bad for her i really do, and see where she is coming from. I really want to give her the kid thing, i just dont really want that life style. Like all males i know, they all give in and have kids. I dont want to be another statistic though. Maybe at 35, 40, 45, etc I will...but now i dont. i love her, and id be pretty fucked up if we ended it. When she leaves for work or is gone for a few days, im definitely not my normal self...we do everything together. I dont think id do well alone and to be honest i do worry about being lonely. No real friends around me, solo work stuff, not much social life if any outside of marriage. She is sexy, and will bounce back quick. I dont think id do well as a single dude...i dont know, just kind of ranting now.

Do you know people who regretted not having kids?

I always hear "guys never want kids until they have them". Is that true for anyone?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
We kind of knew this time would come. We talked about it and she was always not sure and now she is sure. Big part of the reason is she is an only child, lacking a normal relationship with her mom n dad, so she wants to begin her own family. I feel bad for her i really do, and see where she is coming from. I really want to give her the kid thing, i just dont really want that life style. Like all males i know, they all give in and have kids. I dont want to be another statistic though. Maybe at 35, 40, 45, etc I will...but now i dont. i love her, and id be pretty fucked up if we ended it. When she leaves for work or is gone for a few days, im definitely not my normal self...we do everything together. I dont think id do well alone and to be honest i do worry about being lonely. No real friends around me, solo work stuff, not much social life if any outside of marriage. She is sexy, and will bounce back quick. I dont think id do well as a single dude...i dont know, just kind of ranting now.
The lost American male. What has that "other generation" done to their children?

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

How old are you?  I did not want kids until I was in my 30's. I never wanted them in my 20's because I wanted to enjoy my life and freedom

Older and having kids is better at least in my experience. We actually know something to teach them and you are more established so setting up financially is better. Plus you've lived and done a lot of what you wanted so it's good to start the newest chapter. That was one of the big things that were in agreement right away.

Give yourself some time and talk it through

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
Avoid having kids and only get married to a woman with an equal (or better) career.
THEN, if things go bad you both go your separate ways with no problems or hard feelings.
100% serious.

Some of us getbiggers have problems finding women who have equal or better careers than us.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »
Avoid having kids and only get married to a woman with an equal (or better) career.
THEN, if things go bad you both go your separate ways with no problems or hard feelings.
100% serious.
Thanks man. Taking advice from you about marriage is like taking advice on human rights from Saudi Arabia.
http://usuncut.com/world/today-saudi-arabia-will-crucify-teenager-protesting-government/

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2015, 07:00:23 PM »
How old are you?  I did not want kids until I was in my 30's. I never wanted them in my 20's because I wanted to enjoy my life and freedom

Older and having kids is better at least in my experience. We actually know something to teach them and you are more established so setting up financially is better. Plus you've lived and done a lot of what you wanted so it's good to start the newest chapter. That was one of the big things that were in agreement right away.

Early thirties...same with wife. 30-32 range. We talkin about it, some arguments/threats which is making it turn kind of ugly. Im keeping a cool head though. Im a grass is always greener guy. Always been. I still feel like i have adventures and life to do. I dont think i got all that out of my system yet

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
Early thirties...same with wife. 30-32 range. We talkin about it, some arguments/threats which is making it turn kind of ugly. Im keeping a cool head though. Im a grass is always greener guy. Always been. I still feel like i have adventures and life to do. I dont think i got all that out of my system yet
It's not the end of the world. And it's not like you can't find a baby sitter for the child(ren). Plus you can teach the little tikes something. Pass down the Falconate Knowledge of The Gods. Raising a young man or woman to be a leader in this world of followers.
100% serious.

"Hey sorry things just aren't working out. Let's just shake hands and go our separate ways."
("Whelp, on to number XXX")

Have you ever thought that your thinking/judgement maybe skewed because you spend time around teenagers who may or may not come from divorced or single parent homes?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2015, 07:07:47 PM »

Yeah, me.  Of course, not with any of the women I've known because, frankly, I grew to not be able to stand them.

"Yeah I want kids.  Just not with you because you're such a misery."  Turns out honesty isn't necessarily a firm foundation as advertised.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »
"Hey sorry things just are working out. Let's just shake hands and go our separate ways."
("Whelp, on to number XXX")

Have you ever thought that your thinking/judgement maybe skewed because you spend time around teenagers who may or may not come from divorced or single parent homes?

Lol,  the thought that Howards divorces all ended amicably is pretty interesting. Were the feelings mutual or was it just Howard thinking it ended well for him?

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »

For me I saw a lot of people have kids in their 20s and it was a mistake because they never did anything fun or got to live their own lives. They did it because they really had nothing more going on. I didn't want that to be my life but then when I was in my early 30s I saw people who had done nothing but climb the success ladder and now had nobody to share it with. They had stuff and money but no real connections. I didn't want that either so I was around your age when I realized I wanted kids.

I think it's important to also know you want kids with that person. Will they be a good parent? Do they even want to be a parent?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
For me I saw a lot of people have kids in their 20s and it was a mistake because they never did anything fun or got to live their own lives. They did it because they really had nothing more going on. I didn't want that to be my life but then when I was in my early 30s I saw people who had done nothing but climb the success ladder and now had nobody to share it with. They had stuff and money but no real connections. I didn't want that either so I was around your age when I realized I wanted kids.

I think it's important to also know you want kids with that person. Will they be a good parent? Do they even want to be a parent?

Thanks azure, nice to hear a diff opinion and not the usual angry male on here

Simple Simon

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »
Avoid having kids and only get married to a woman with an equal (or better) career.THEN, if things go bad you both go your separate ways with no problems or hard feelings.
100% serious.

Lol, thats most getbiggers on the shelf unless being on welfare is a career.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2015, 02:47:54 AM »
Thanks azure, nice to hear a diff opinion and not the usual angry male on here what I wanted to hear.

fixed, thank me later

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:11 AM »

Look at it this way: The concept of "kids" is just a collection of genes you are carrying wanting to "get out" and replicate, nothing more. I'm 30, don't want kids at all, not sure if I ever will, I so fukkin love my life as it is, but guess what... this the last worry for me, I mean - life is short, don't take it too seriously, enjoy while you can, nothing matters at the end. Oh, and - earn fukkin money, this is what will save you in most cases down the road. Just stay away from drugs and alcohol, everything else, if you have money, will be better than most have, married or divorced. Don't fool yourself with everalsting happiness due to these around you (wife or kids), that won't happen. be responsible for your own happiness.
 Hope this helps.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2015, 03:46:44 AM »
After reading this topic, I almost feel guilty about being happily married for years already -- even with my philandering, that she is aware of.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2015, 04:00:58 AM »
Thanks azure, nice to hear a diff opinion and not the usual angry male on here

No one is angry unless they get married, then divorced.  We are talking about reality here.  Some men will not listen and get married anyway.  The bliss does not last and the money will eventually be drained from your pockets.  

It's all about being careful and thoughtful about your life.  Some people learn by observing others, some don't.  Oh well.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2015, 04:13:46 AM »

I always hear "guys never want kids until they have them". Is that true for anyone?

The fact that you're opening up on this topic to this collection of retards shows me you have bigger underlying problems than just being unsure about children.
Y

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2015, 04:22:14 AM »
After reading this topic, I almost feel guilty about being happily married for years already -- even with my philandering, that she is aware of.
are you 100% sure you will never get divorced? curious because everyone that went thru a divorce at one point sounded just like ya

I do wish ya well, just asking

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2015, 04:32:08 AM »
are you 100% sure you will never get divorced? curious because everyone that went thru a divorce at one point sounded just like ya

I do wish ya well, just asking

A couple I know, oldr than me by about 10-12 years. When I was 20 they used to say "Don't wait too long. We got married at 25, very happy now (that was like 6 years after marriage). Fast forward 10 years - they cant stand each other (but mortgage keeping them together), seems like both went out of their mind in their own way and doesn't know why. Pretty sad to witness...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2015, 04:42:47 AM »

Same here, we were married for three years before we had kids. That time is so important to spend together and enjoy, because it certainly all changes when the kids come.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2015, 04:47:10 AM »
Same here, we were married for three years before we had kids. That time is so important to spend together and enjoy, because it certainly all changes when the kids come.

So why did u have kids? It sounds like life sucks for you now by your post.
How did u know u wanted kids?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2015, 05:18:49 AM »
So why did u have kids? It sounds like life sucks for you now by your post.
How did u know u wanted kids?

Humans, just like other animals, doesnt "want" shit, it is an automatic preprogrammed behaviour. The sooner you realise that your brain is a computer with a software to achieve certain tasks, the sooner you will be liberated.