Author Topic: Tito/Forrest  (Read 26760 times)

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Tito/Forrest
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 01:48:42 PM »
My not liking Tito has nothing to do with my prediction that Tito will win. I have yet to see any evidence where someone's like or dislike of a fighter has influenced the fight.

why are you saying tito's not takin this fight seriously ?

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • All natural except for the 34D's
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 02:06:38 PM »
why are you saying tito's not takin this fight seriously ?

Because I speculate that he thinks he knows he can win. And knowing you can win makes it harder to train with high-end intensity. If you know you are the underdog you are going to push yourself so much harder.

Tito is just such an ass monkey. Talk talk talk, blah blah blah, show boating and just disrespectful in the ring. However, given their experience Tito has the upperhand and you'd think he'd win it. I just don't think Griffen will make it easy, and a mistake on Tito's part could lose him the fight. Anything is possible.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 02:08:12 PM »
Because I speculate that he thinks he knows he can win.

appreciate it if you'd stop doing that !

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
After the full three rounds with Stephan Bonner I'd say Forrest has the endurance....maybe even BETTER THAN Tito. Hmmm.....

you must be a TUF newbie! if you look at the griffin/bonnar fight .. griffin seemed to have ran out of gas in the 2nd round! i give him credit because he won ... but he still ran out of gas

how can u say that griffin's endurance is better than Tito's?

You maybe forgetting that Tito has gone the distance of 5 rounds with the likes of Randy Couture, Vanderlei Silva, and Vladimir Matyushenko!

tito's cardio > griffin's cardio

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 02:33:16 PM »
FORREST IS CRAZY, THE GUY HAS BROKEN HIS ARM IN A MATCH AND GONE ON TO WIN, I THINK tito has the experience and strength advantage, however i wouldnt say condition, tito has never had a long match, all the long matches hes had hes spent on his back or on bottom, not a whole lot of moement, hes a great staller. the randy match he got broken, i dont think forrest can be mentally broken he looks tuff, he has nothing to loose, if tito loses this its all over for him, so there both gonna be going into the match hungry, forrest wants to be legit and tito dosent want to fall off, im gonna say griffin, titos got a weak chin

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 02:45:07 PM »
FORREST IS CRAZY, THE GUY HAS BROKEN HIS ARM IN A MATCH AND GONE ON TO WIN, I THINK tito has the experience and strength advantage, however i wouldnt say condition, tito has never had a long match, all the long matches hes had hes spent on his back or on bottom, not a whole lot of moement, hes a great staller. the randy match he got broken, i dont think forrest can be mentally broken he looks tuff, he has nothing to loose, if tito loses this its all over for him, so there both gonna be going into the match hungry, forrest wants to be legit and tito dosent want to fall off, im gonna say griffin, titos got a weak chin

you're another TUF newbie!

you say Tito doesn't have the conditioning? try spending 5 minutes rolling trying to ground and pound your opponent, trying pass guard/half guard etc, and trying to avoid any submissions, etc ... thats conditioning right there!

tito's got a weak chin? tito's fought the who's who in MMA ... he's only been knocked out once (and thats from the Chuckie, who can knock out King Kong if he wanted to) .. he's been tagged by hard-hitters such as Ken Shamrock, Vanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Yuki Kondo, etc and he's never got knocked out by any of them!

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 02:51:39 PM »
ive done it ive acheived alot of things in wrestling and judo as well as done some grappling, i spent two years training with grappling unlimited in hawaii, were egan and enson train, i know what im alking about, passing guard and ground and pound is hard, but tito can stand he dosent keep his hands up, yes hes great hed kik my ass in 4 seconds but im not a profesional

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

tito's got a weak chin? tito's fought the who's who in MMA ... he's only been knocked out once (and thats from the Chuckie, who can knock out King Kong if he wanted to) .. he's been tagged by hard-hitters such as Ken Shamrock, Vanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Yuki Kondo, etc and he's never got knocked out by any of them!

not to mention tito got a thumb in the eye before chuck ko'd him, and he took about 6 more hard shots before he fell down

you cant help but love forrest (and hate tito) ... but the smart money is on tito to absolutely maul forrest on the ground.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 03:16:18 PM »
CHCUK ISNT EVEN THE BEST AT 205, THERES A FEW GUYS IN PRIDE THAT HAVE AND CAN BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, WAIT UNTIL CONTRACTS ARE UP IN THE NEXT YEAR, CHUCK WILL BE NO MORE, I PERSONALY FEEL HE IS VERY OVERRATED, HE HAS YET TO GO AGAINST A GOOD BOXER, HE KEEPS HIS HANDS DOWN AND SWINGS WIDE, A GOOD BOXER WILL END CHUCKS REIN

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »
its true he probably isnt best in the world ... but hes easily the best in the ufc ... and take the fucking caplocks off you stupid newb

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2006, 03:24:08 PM »
ive done it ive acheived alot of things in wrestling and judo as well as done some grappling, i spent two years training with grappling unlimited in hawaii, were egan and enson train, i know what im alking about, passing guard and ground and pound is hard, but tito can stand he dosent keep his hands up, yes hes great hed kik my ass in 4 seconds but im not a profesional

wow.. Grappling Unlimited! that's a good school .. wish I lived in Hawaii so I can train with the Inoues!

seems like you know what you're talking about rolling, then how would you say conditioning isn't tito's forte? he's gone the distance with some badd m0therfucker$ (see above post) ...

tito's standup isn't the best but he's still good  ... he occasionally trains Muay Thai with Sol in Houston, TX and not to mention his corner man Colin Oyama! have you seen the standup with put against Ken Shamrock, now that some pretty impressive thai!

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2006, 03:28:51 PM »
ya its kind of gone down hill after egan had some marital problems, i live in calfornia now im looking for a place to train here but havent found 1 yet, kinda busy with school and work so not much time

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 04:11:35 PM »
now was that before or after he got his ass handed to him by underdog Jason "Mayhem" Miller? because he hasn't fought ever since that fight

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2006, 04:19:19 PM »
after, miller is good, enson is much better than egan

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 04:43:43 PM »
Whoever said Tito wont take this fight seriously is nuts.  He has aboslutely nothing to gain, and everything to lose... He wins, big deal he beat a Tuff "newbie".  He loses... It is basically over for him in the UFC, he'll be nothing but a gatekeeper (a really expensive one at that).  He can't live off his name forever, soon he'll actually have to start kicking ass again.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2006, 04:49:05 PM »
As much as I don't like Tito, his conditioning is second to none and his chin is really solid.  Just look at the size of his head!   :o

Chuck's stand up is great.  He throws shots at odd angles with tremendous power.  If you look at top boxers (like James Toney), they don't always keep their hands up.  Look up Chuck's kickboxing record.  It is impressive.

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2006, 06:16:29 PM »
appreciate it if you'd stop doing that !

Okay, then conversely, do you think Tito thinks he might lose? That arrogant asshole? I doubt it. So then the opposite must be true....he thinks (or knows) he can win. So there's you go.

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 06:18:20 PM »
You maybe forgetting that Tito has gone the distance of 5 rounds with the likes of Randy Couture, Vanderlei Silva, and Vladimir Matyushenko!

Yeah and lost to Couture in the process. And how old is Tito compared to Couture? HELLO!

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2006, 06:21:14 PM »
you're another TUF newbie!

you say Tito doesn't have the conditioning? try spending 5 minutes rolling trying to ground and pound your opponent, trying pass guard/half guard etc, and trying to avoid any submissions, etc ... thats conditioning right there!

But he did get beat up by an old man. Hmmmmm.....

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »
CHCUK ISNT EVEN THE BEST AT 205, THERES A FEW GUYS IN PRIDE THAT HAVE AND CAN BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, WAIT UNTIL CONTRACTS ARE UP IN THE NEXT YEAR, CHUCK WILL BE NO MORE, I PERSONALY FEEL HE IS VERY OVERRATED, HE HAS YET TO GO AGAINST A GOOD BOXER, HE KEEPS HIS HANDS DOWN AND SWINGS WIDE, A GOOD BOXER WILL END CHUCKS REIN

Whatever. That loopy left will hit and you won't see it. Then he charges after you as you are falling to the ground and just keeps on hittin'. That loopy left is horrible form, but as he and his trainer see it, "if it ain't broke why fix it?" (premeir edition of Real Fighter mag).

-Nicole

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2006, 07:33:05 PM »
Yeah and lost to Couture in the process. And how old is Tito compared to Couture? HELLO!

that wasn't my point, you NOOB! my point is that he went the distance all 5 rounds .. he didn't run out of gas, he was outsmarted by the better fighter, not "out-cardio-ed."

and why are you bringing up age? we're talking about Tito and Forrest .. not another Tito vs Couture

you are doing nothing but Tito Bashing!

we get the point, you dont like him as a person, now stfu .. but its ok i still wont kick you out of bed  ;D

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 08:07:46 PM »
Whatever. That loopy left will hit and you won't see it. Then he charges after you as you are falling to the ground and just keeps on hittin'. That loopy left is horrible form, but as he and his trainer see it, "if it ain't broke why fix it?" (premeir edition of Real Fighter mag).

-Nicole

thats "loopy" right

please ... just try "thinking" before you post!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 08:14:30 PM »
I'm startin to think this "weeks account" is some kind of gimmick.....

but I think a pic of her butthole may set things straight

I think it's time to pony up girlfriend !!!!!!!!!!

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »
there's been an awful lot of "thinking" around here lately!

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 08:34:22 PM »
things that make you go hmmmmmmmm