Author Topic: Tito/Forrest  (Read 26761 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Tito/Forrest
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:15:20 PM »
Alright, let's hear it.  Who likes who for this one?  Personally, I'm cheering for Forrest, but I'll be really surprised if Tito doesn't G&P him bad...

Jaded

• Getbig II
Re: Tito/Forrest
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:17:26 PM »
Forrest is the sacrificial lamb!

Tito will dominate

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
Forrest is the sacrificial lamb!
Tito will dominate
That's what I'm afraid of.  Forrest is the most likable guy I've seen fight in a long time; class act w/ all his opponents.  Tito...isn't.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:45:13 PM »
tito will win but forest will not quit and it will go all 3 rds
R

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 06:56:31 PM »
I got my tix........

head says tito....... heart says forrest

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 07:55:33 PM »
Tito by dryhump
Predictions
 40/61

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 03:01:03 AM »
I really hope Forrest takes this one.  It seems that most people want Forrest to win but expect Tito to take it.  I think they are underestimating Forrest.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 09:58:06 AM »
 I honestly believe, Forrest has as fighters chance!

He hits hard and can take a punch. After Tito lost to Lidell,everyone after ,has dropped Tito.  So Forrest needs to keep at it ,hang on and it will come !

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 11:00:35 AM »
Well fellows, i've been watching Forrest train with weights at my gym for a while in Vegas and his work ethic is like none I have ever seen.  I cannot believe his conditioning and with a Special Forces back ground, I think i'm qualified to assess someone.  I find it real hard to believe that Tito is training anywhere close to as hard as him.  I saw Forrest train for about an hour/half nonstop with weights going from one movement to the next, jumping rope, doing crunches, leg press, squats, lunges, shoulder press, etc. etc...back to back with no break non-stop sweating profusely!!!  This guy has the heart of a freakin lion.  I take Forrest in the third after Tito gets tired!!!!!!!!

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 11:27:05 AM »
I think forest will kick the crap out of tito. 

Forest, tko 2nd round.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »
Tito will win this I hate to admit it but is is true. I train with Deigo and he is real good but aganist GSP or Huges he would not win, not enough experience yet in a few years

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »
Well fellows, i've been watching Forrest train with weights at my gym for a while in Vegas and his work ethic is like none I have ever seen.  I cannot believe his conditioning and with a Special Forces back ground, I think i'm qualified to assess someone.  I find it real hard to believe that Tito is training anywhere close to as hard as him.  I saw Forrest train for about an hour/half nonstop with weights going from one movement to the next, jumping rope, doing crunches, leg press, squats, lunges, shoulder press, etc. etc...back to back with no break non-stop sweating profusely!!!  This guy has the heart of a freakin lion.  I take Forrest in the third after Tito gets tired!!!!!!!!

I hate Tito, but he has been known to train for up to nine hours a day at big bear doing all the things you just mentioned plus some.  There is little chance that Forrest would actually win, but if he does it won't be because of Tito's conditioning.
Predictions
 40/61

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 01:13:36 PM »
only you TUF newbies would actually think Forrest stands a chance!

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 01:30:59 PM »
I hate Tito, but he has been known to train for up to nine hours a day at big bear doing all the things you just mentioned plus some.  There is little chance that Forrest would actually win, but if he does it won't be because of Tito's conditioning.

exactly

never say never in mma .... but if forrest doesnt spend most of the match on the canvas getting titos elbows bloody id be very surprised

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »

im sure forest is training hard but make no mistake about it,titos cardio is second to no one,the only time tito gassed was against frank back in 98 or 99 and since then he has probably the best cardio in the game imo,i think it will be a good fight though
R

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

you've got to figure forrest is gonna be twice as hungry as tito and who knows maybe his height will give tito fits if he can keeps things off the mat.......

I think I'm gonna go on record as changin what I said up above and go with Forrest

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 03:08:20 PM »
you've got to figure forrest is gonna be twice as hungry as tito and who knows maybe his height will give tito fits if he can keeps things off the mat.......

I think I'm gonna go on record as changin what I said up above and go with Forrest

I'm with you on Forrest being hungry that's kinda why i'm going with him.  I gotta admit though, Tito seemed to have gained his confidence back by the way he spoke in the interview saturday night, you could just tell he was for real!  Either way, i'd take a pass with either one of them!!! ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 04:35:23 PM »
I'm with you on Forrest being hungry that's kinda why i'm going with him.  I gotta admit though, Tito seemed to have gained his confidence back by the way he spoke in the interview saturday night, you could just tell he was for real!  Either way, i'd take a pass with either one of them!!! ;D

it's gonna be a good show up in anahiem though......

HB's all of  12 miles away from the pond so it's a homecoming for tito of sorts.....

it was sold out in a day !

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 05:38:13 PM »
it's gonna be a good show up in anahiem though......

HB's all of  12 miles away from the pond so it's a homecoming for tito of sorts.....

it was sold out in a day !

yep, snooz you loose.  I missed out :'(

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • All natural except for the 34D's
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 01:09:40 PM »
Alright, let's hear it.  Who likes who for this one?  Personally, I'm cheering for Forrest, but I'll be really surprised if Tito doesn't G&P him bad...

Ditto. Hate Ortiz with a passion. And I think Forrest deserves the win more if not for his attitude and self-deprecating humor alone. And Forrest isn't stupid, he's training like his life depends on it because he knows IT REALLY DOES DEPEND ON IT! Tito may think it's an easy win so he's hanging back on his training a little....we'll see.

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »
im sure forest is training hard but make no mistake about it,titos cardio is second to no one,the only time tito gassed was against frank back in 98 or 99 and since then he has probably the best cardio in the game imo,i think it will be a good fight though

After the full three rounds with Stephan Bonner I'd say Forrest has the endurance....maybe even BETTER THAN Tito. Hmmm.....

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
And Forrest isn't stupid, he's training like his life depends on it because he knows IT REALLY DOES DEPEND ON IT! Tito may think it's an easy win so he's hanging back on his training a little....we'll see.

and how exactly do we know these things ?

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »
and how exactly do we know these things ?

Um cuz Forrest has talked about his current training for this fight maybe? Not to mention I've asked other fighters in person how he's doing and how his training is coming along.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 01:39:03 PM »
Um cuz Forrest has talked about his current training for this fight maybe? Not to mention I've asked other fighters in person how he's doing and how his training is coming along.

so your basing the outcome on three things .......

1....you've been readin generic accounts of his training (nobody say's their not trainin like it's thier last fight)

2....you don't like tito

3.... you don't like tito

have I pretty much covered it ?

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »
so your basing the outcome on three things .......

1....you've been readin generic accounts of his training (nobody say's their not trainin like it's thier last fight)

2....you don't like tito

3.... you don't like tito

have I pretty much covered it ?

My not liking Tito has nothing to do with my prediction that Tito will win. I have yet to see any evidence where someone's like or dislike of a fighter has influenced the fight.