Author Topic: Arm vascularity-who's got some crazy Arm vasculaity  (Read 25678 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Arm vascularity-who's got some crazy Arm vasculaity
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
I agree that genetics are huge in the equation.  But on the heavy lifting part, it seems like a "one false move" situation that can easily impact anyone.  It could be that you lost that draw, rather than you not being genetically suited for it.  I cannot believe that you could have been able to build yourself up the way you did without some crazy genetics for heavy lifting.  It's just a risky business with significant chance of failure (to say nothing of zero payout  ;D).

I think the worst thing I did was lifting past failure as a teen.  max deadlifts with shitty form. if I could lift something it wasn't heavy enough. always had to exert myself past my limits.  I could pick up my dad when I was 6. I remember trying to lift shit and every bone in my body feeling like it will explode. weird I always had that in me

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:02 PM »
DEF NOT SAID HERE ENOUGHT RIK'HAZBIN'IS A NICE GUY ,GREAT STORIES,SIZE WISE COULD HANG WITH THE BIG BOYS BBING/WRESTLERS/POWER LIFTERS ...AND POST LIKE A GOOD GUY HERE AS WELL...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »
I think the worst thing I did was lifting past failure as a teen.  max deadlifts with shitty form. if I could lift something it wasn't heavy enough. always had to exert myself past my limits.  I could pick up my dad when I was 6. I remember trying to lift shit and every bone in my body feeling like it will explode. weird I always had that in me

It could be that you were just bound to do things exactly as you did.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2015, 12:12:55 PM »
I think the worst thing I did was lifting past failure as a teen.  max deadlifts with shitty form. if I could lift something it wasn't heavy enough. always had to exert myself past my limits.  I could pick up my dad when I was 6. I remember trying to lift shit and every bone in my body feeling like it will explode. weird I always had that in me
did the same stupid thing. Destroyed my back at 15 doin seated military presses with no knowlegde about proper form and that ended my wrestling career for good.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2015, 12:23:05 PM »
It may seem strange, or petty, or something, but I'd swear that whole "no pain, no gain" saying was so fucking stupid and had to have caused more damage than anything else.  It offers such a big chance for problems.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2015, 12:26:02 PM »

I benched 100lbs when I was 9 and could do 1 pull up. could easily do 20 perfect push ups.  those one handed pushups like rocky I could never do at the time, and it fried my ass too, lol.   I think I was stronger pound for pound as a kid in some aspects

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
The main problem is that it holds truth without explanation, so beginners can't necessarily sort through it before permanent damage is caused.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »
I benched 100lbs when I was 9 and could do 1 pull up. could easily do 20 perfect push ups.  those one handed pushups like rocky I could never do at the time, and it fried my ass too, lol.   I think I was stronger pound for pound as a kid in some aspects

Yes, the one handed push-up thing can't be good for the nerves.

I saw a video of an elderly Jack Palance doing them to show off while on TV, and he was never again the same.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2015, 08:02:56 PM »
DEF NOT SAID HERE ENOUGHT RIK'HAZBIN'IS A NICE GUY ,GREAT STORIES,SIZE WISE COULD HANG WITH THE BIG BOYS BBING/WRESTLERS/POWER LIFTERS ...AND POST LIKE A GOOD GUY HERE AS WELL...

thank you. I appreciate how positive you always are in my regard.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »
It could be that you were just bound to do things exactly as you did.

your probably right.   everytime the pain was down I would do something stupid.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2015, 07:08:19 AM »
your probably right.   everytime the pain was down I would do something stupid.

Thing is, though, you still acheived way more than nearly everyone else who has ever touched a weight.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2015, 09:43:11 AM »
Thing is, though, you still acheived way more than nearly everyone else who has ever touched a weight.

thank you, very nice of you to say. but every year it bugs me more that I failed to come close to my goals.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2015, 10:18:21 AM »
thank you, very nice of you to say. but every year it bugs me more that I failed to come close to my goals.

Would it make you feel better to be jacked again for a few more years?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:47 AM »
Would it make you feel better to be jacked again for a few more years?

nah, I think I missed the boat..   

regrets for things we have done are tempered with time.
regrets for what we should have done but did not are inconsolable..

nobody lies on their death bed and thinks 'I should not have.......'
they think to themselves 'why the hell didn't I .......'

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2015, 03:16:12 PM »
nah, I think I missed the boat..   

What do you call that recent pic, though?  Looks like you didn't miss any boats.

regrets for things we have done are tempered with time.
regrets for what we should have done but did not are inconsolable..

nobody lies on their death bed and thinks 'I should not have.......'
they think to themselves 'why the hell didn't I .......'

Are you saying it's plastic trophy or nothing?  Are you upset that you didn't get a pro card?  If you know you've been robbed in contests (clearly, you were and you are not blind), then it's not even worth a second thought.  It's never been a worthwhile pursuit, being that it is rigged.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »
What do you call that recent pic, though?  Looks like you didn't miss any boats.

Are you saying it's plastic trophy or nothing?  Are you upset that you didn't get a pro card?  If you know you've been robbed in contests (clearly, you were and you are not blind), then it's not even worth a second thought.  It's never been a worthwhile pursuit, being that it is rigged.

nah, just feeling sorry for myself all around.  any level of success I've had in any area of life I ended up sabotaging. 

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »

yep, hazbin is a good and decent guy, wish i had his character

and i'm curious haz, was this Canadian dude a idol for you when you was a wee lad

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2015, 07:48:33 PM »

and i'm curious haz, was this Canadian dude a idol for you when you was a wee lad

beast ...dense strong looking build..old school drugs potent..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2015, 08:05:11 PM »
beast ...dense strong looking build..old school drugs potent..

Mr. Canada '75

and 15 actually said something like he wouldn't look very impressive standing next to others LOL me thinks god was a just a little bit jelly

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2015, 09:01:06 PM »

remember there was no innernetz back then, so only a few mags printed where you could see contests and competitors.  I probably saw two maybe three pics of that guy ever when I was young.   

Lets not forget, he won the Canadians, but a few years earlier Vince Basile beat him for the title.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2015, 09:09:42 PM »
Mr. Canada '75

and 15 actually said something like he wouldn't look very impressive standing next to others LOL me thinks god was a just a little bit jelly

too bad I never had a chance to compare to too many guys.  but this is me and Ben shortly before he turned pro, and then two shots of him shortly after he turned pro,

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »
too bad I never had a chance to compare to too many guys.  but this is me and Ben shortly before he turned pro, and then two shots of him shortly after he turned pro,

The jump most make between amature and pro is shocking, soon as they get that card they must just put health to the back of the mind

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2015, 01:29:48 AM »

Nice lines dude

No homo

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »
remember there was no innernetz back then, so only a few mags printed where you could see contests and competitors.  I probably saw two maybe three pics of that guy ever when I was young.   

Lets not forget, he won the Canadians, but a few years earlier Vince Basile beat him for the title.

To lose to Basie, you must have really fucked up your prep, lol...
?

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »

great posts