Author Topic: mike mentzer seminar part 2  (Read 9144 times)

absfabs

• Getbig III
mike mentzer seminar part 2
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
youtube

1 set squat 1 set dip
wait 7 days
1 set deadlift 1 set underhand pulldown
wait 7 days
repeat

get huge
eat less for cuts

what think getbig?

Melkor

• Getbig III
Re: mike mentzer seminar part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:43:57 AM »
youtube

1 set squat 1 set dip
wait 7 days
1 set deadlift 1 set underhand pulldown
wait 7 days
repeat

get huge
eat less for cuts

what think getbig?

If you subbed out the "wait 7 days" with "wait 1 or 2 days", I could believe that a trainee could get big and VERY STRONG doing a program like that.

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 08:39:19 PM »
mentzer says 7-10

amazing if he was right

I am tempted to try it

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
mentzer says 7-10

amazing if he was right

I am tempted to try it

Do it

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 02:00:30 AM »
The problem with this type of extreme low volume is.... We don't always have perfect days/gym sessions, if your one set didn't go too well you have to wait for ages to perform it again

I don't know about you guys, but I have days where I just don't feel it, or you've had a shit day/week etc etc, mentzer always worked in the assumption of perfect conditions

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 06:02:11 AM »
Theory vs practice....

I was just 1 word replying to the gimmick

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »
Look what happened: Mike Mentzer never became mr O, he and his brother died.
Rest my case.
 :-\

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 03:33:49 PM »
Look what happened: Mike Mentzer never became mr O, he and his brother died.
Rest my case.
 :-\

Genetics of rest in peace

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 06:52:40 PM »
Obvious Mike Mentzer won the Mr O but Weider decided otherwise. Ray Mentzer would have beaten Arnold that night. 

Arnold forgot to pack his legs in his suitcase and had left them home for that contest. Also what he tried to pass off as his upper body was very lacking, by Mr O standards. Another victory for papa Joe Weider. .
F

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 01:20:13 AM »
Nah, I still think Arnie edged it....

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 04:27:38 AM »
Nah, I still think Arnie edged it....

Seriously?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »
Obvious Mike Mentzer won the Mr O but Weider decided otherwise. Ray Mentzer would have beaten Arnold that night. 

Arnold forgot to pack his legs in his suitcase and had left them home for that contest. Also what he tried to pass off as his upper body was very lacking, by Mr O standards. Another victory for papa Joe Weider. .
Guess you know it all as usual jpm101.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 09:20:15 AM »
Seriously?

I didn't see any shots of mike that crushed him, name a few shots that he won?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »
Remembering seeing a few "relaxed" poses of both Mentzer and Arnold, just standing there.  No doubt Arnold was one of the all time greats, but not that night. Mentzer, no question about it.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
Remembering seeing a few "relaxed" poses of both Mentzer and Arnold, just standing there.  No doubt Arnold was one of the all time greats, but not that night. Mentzer, no question about it.
ah ...OK "relaxed" poses so no real poses to prove it. post up the shots.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 01:55:39 PM »

I didn't see any shots of mike that crushed him, name a few shots that he won?

The handlebar. Fucking crushed him.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 08:58:14 AM »
A good BB'ing judge will consider a relax (more semi relaxed...no one is completely relaxed on stage in a BB'ing lineup) as part of an important factor when forming an opinion.

An experienced BB'er can adjust his posing (even mandatory ones),  that bring out his better points and hide some of his weaker ones. Being relaxed, some body flaws, or weaker points, are not that well hidden. Going backstage can also give a better opinion of any BB'ers; without the stage lighting and showmanship while on stage. And even standing around next to other BB'ers, where height and general muscle mass are noted. This all goes for women BB'ers too.

Hopes this helps you donny to understand better..

Good Luck.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »
A good BB'ing judge will consider a relax (more semi relaxed...no one is completely relaxed on stage in a BB'ing lineup) as part of an important factor when forming an opinion.

An experienced BB'er can adjust his posing (even mandatory ones),  that bring out his better points and hide some of his weaker ones. Being relaxed, some body flaws, or weaker points, are not that well hidden. Going backstage can also give a better opinion of any BB'ers; without the stage lighting and showmanship while on stage. And even standing around next to other BB'ers, where height and general muscle mass are noted. This all goes for women BB'ers too.

Hopes this helps you donny to understand better..

Good Luck.
I think Arnold once wrote that he always made sure that between poses he always stayed tight. Indeed even making a joke to Frank zane to break his concentration. a posing routine Jpm should flow and not show any weakness in your physique. can you post the pictures please? The relaxed ones.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 12:08:31 AM »
ok let me chime in

i tried the one mentzer routine  were you train one day  and take  3 off.

my strength went up quite a bit.   heres the probelm though you also get very lethargic doing this.  i also was doing no cardio as well.

so basically my strength went up but i got fat and lazy.  also   me being young and dumb i did no cardio for warm up.

training this way led me to have two very bad injuries each one took a year to recover from  the first rone was a shoulder injurie,

doing very heavy inclines on the icarian incline machine,     the second time was doing preacher curls that mike advocated    i tore my bicep

didnt need surgery but took a year to recover it hurt so bad i couldnt do much of anything.

i dont think i will ever train that way again.  the stronger you get , you risk getting injured

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 12:32:42 AM »
Not a chance. I'm a low volume advocate and have actually paid to have live phone consultations with Mentzer back in 97. Had them recorded but chucked the tapes. I was training once ever 4 days and more than what's given out here. I can't say it didn't work though, used it when cuttting down as well.

The longer Mentzer went on and lost his mind in the process, the more sets and volume he stripped off his routines.

To train once a week would have even an ecto like me gaining body fat. 2 sets a week, lol!?
?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 01:50:35 AM »
Not a chance. I'm a low volume advocate and have actually paid to have live phone consultations with Mentzer back in 97. Had them recorded but chucked the tapes. I was training once ever 4 days and more than what's given out here. I can't say it didn't work though, used it when cuttting down as well.

The longer Mentzer went on and lost his mind in the process, the more sets and volume he stripped off his routines.

To train once a week would have even an ecto like me gaining body fat. 2 sets a week, lol!?

training is definitely a stress on the body and you need to recover from it, but it ain't enough of a stress to warrant training only once a week

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 10:11:38 AM »

I agree but some of the Heavy duty crowd get so stuck up in the training to failure ..Heavy duty burnout  workouts  that they believe anything. I am not saying that this type of training is of no value over a short period of time but over the long haul i think injuries are common.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »
donny you are absolutely correct, i  was fallowed it blindly for a few years.     my strength went up alot,     but

i lost all cuts i had and became lazy.  i think the originall heavy duty was effective, but   they whole trying to go up in strength every single

workout, eventually leads to burnout mentally and the risk for injury is high.   this is coming from someone that   believe in h.i.t  100%

i got in my best shape doing high sets and reps like arnold well not  that many sets. but still doing say 12 per body part .      training 5 to 6 days  a week.

and you are right about the injuries i for one had them happen ,  took a long time to recover from, my shoulder is still fucked up i cant do any front presses at all.   

the bicep one was the worst ,  couldnt do anything for a year

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »
anyone here try the exact 7 day program above?

squat pulldownn wait 7 then deadlift dip, 1set each wait 7 and back to begin

low volume for sure..

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 02:54:06 PM »
anyone here try the exact 7 day program above?

squat pulldownn wait 7 then deadlift dip, 1set each wait 7 and back to begin

low volume for sure..

You should give it a shot!
?