Author Topic: Nautilus Bulletins 1-3, by Arthur Jones - free download link  (Read 4140 times)

MorganSA

• Getbig III
  • Benching 19 years, still lead with shoulders
Nautilus Bulletins 1-3, by Arthur Jones - free download link
« on: October 20, 2015, 03:57:31 AM »
David Baye hosts a link to DL the "Nautilus Bulletins 1-3", by Arthur Jones. Just started reding and it seems pretty good. Enjoy.

http://baye.com/downloads/nautilus-bulletins-free/

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Nautilus Bulletins 1-3, by Arthur Jones - free download link
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 03:20:01 PM »
Well worth the read. I read these (some call them White Papers) when in my teens.

Not saying their the bible on training, but do give a more logical slant on few things (just my view..only) As does stuff from Gironda and Bob Star.  Mentzer, which has been told was influenced by Jones a bit, holds other views also.  Jones was of the belief that the common BB & DB could produce minor miracles and he transferred that idea over to the designs of his machines and the applied workout. His three phased cam made a lot of exercises that much better. That cam gear was patterned after the nautilus sea shell.

Bob Gajda and his PHA (Perpetual Heart Action) is another system that seems to be almost forgotten today. Somewhat akin to circuit training, though going much further with regards to BB'ing. Want cardio to the max, might consider this style approach to training.

Many exercise science books around, taking the slide rule approach to training. If you have the patience and time, it's another training options to read about.

Good Luck.
F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 02:24:33 AM »
Jpm. No offence but those are all snake oil books to me with lots of stories but very little actual data let alone analysis proving one methodology superior over another.

Not suggesting that some of their ideas don't have merit... But mostly they just labelled something that other people were doing to try to sell it.

It's like convincing people that they should buy tubs of fart powder instead of eating food.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 08:06:51 AM »
WOOO

That's the beauty of working out. Your free to try different methods and ideas, some total BS...some close to  hitting the jackpot. No one knows the future results the first time they touch a BB, DB, machine or whatever.. just that each body type must find out on their own what works best for them..

Agree that Jones, Mentzer and Gironda never had the total answer to anything in training. No one has really, even those sports medicine physiology types working in college labs.   But giving newer slants on training (bogus or not) might get people to think, and thinking on your own in BB'ing is a rare thing.  Following most any Pro's, or self appointed experts, advise might be a detour to nowhere, in my view. Are exceptions, of course, but than again, make your own decisions. Exceptions in BB'ing are always the exception. Of course it depends also.

Good Luck

Side Bar: never take offense to anything, most of the time.

F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
Agreed... Personally I'm partial to Dorians blood and guts... I consider that optimal weight lifting form and methodology.

Which is similar to Mentzers HD style...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
Really good find.

Arthur Jones was one of the greatest minds in the industry.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »
A true Mans Man