Author Topic: UFC 193  (Read 65865 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: UFC 193
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2015, 04:23:55 PM »
I like Joe and know you rolled with him and found him to be a great guy.  That hype just starts grate on your nerves and he loses credibility when bowing to fighters like Ronda.

Holly really showed a lot of class in all her interviews.

i always thought he was cool as shit!!   his spin kicks are some of the most brutal i've seen. but this sellout to the lousy rousey crap was ridiculous .  there is no way he believed it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »
i always thought he was cool as shit!!   his spin kicks are some of the most brutal i've seen. but this sellout to the lousy rousey crap was ridiculous .  there is no way he believed it.

Exactly that's where he lost me.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »
rogan is nothing more now than a pr ufc piece of shit

his praise of rousey is disgusting,

did you see where he said people like rousey only come around once in a life time and never again.

i wonder how much coke he did before he said that

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2015, 04:36:42 PM »

his boss told him they were to heavily promote her and he did what he had to do. he knows which side his bread is buttered.

i bet secretly though, he was as fucking joyous as the rest of us to see her getting schooled.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »
rogan is nothing more now than a pr ufc piece of shit

his praise of rousey is disgusting,

did you see where he said people like rousey only come around once in a life time and never again.

i wonder how much coke he did before he said that

Once in a lifetime, compared her to Tyson etc etc. ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2015, 04:37:37 PM »
You guys realize Rogans job is to pump fighters up? It's what he gets paid to do. Like getting mad at a Ford salesman when your pos truck breaks down.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2015, 04:38:17 PM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »
his boss told him they were to heavily promote her and he did what he had to do. he knows which side his bread is buttered.

i bet secretly though, he was as fucking joyous as the rest of us to see her getting schooled.

hopefully.   he's had a very diverse career, and is respected in many difference fields.   he must get paid very well to know what a sellout he is being.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2015, 04:44:43 PM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2015, 04:46:57 PM »

That was very well done. Good job man!

"1"

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2015, 04:47:49 PM »
That was very well done. Good job man!

"1"

Not me, I saw it on Sherdog

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »
yeah but rogans bias with rousey is just over the top . and just lame.

comparing her to mike tyson?

ronda has had 11 fights i think   tyson had 20 in his first year.

ronda fights janitors and school teachers,   just no comparison.    tyson didnt suck danas lil cock either like ronda has to get to her position

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
white power
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2015, 05:15:31 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2015, 05:26:07 PM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2015, 05:29:05 PM »
So now what....Rousey versus Cyborg and the winner gets Holm?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
So now what....Rousey versus Cyborg and the winner gets Holm?

Or maybe Tate.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2015, 06:03:28 PM »
one scary thought.....   if dana is not ready to stop milking the rousey cow, he could influence the results of the Hohm PED test ( and yes i have no doubt that is well within his abilities).   it won't stop the beating from having happened, but it will return her to a pristine record due to DQ.  i hope this doesn't happen, but it's not totally impossible.

one thing that won't change, the wired jaw will keep lousy rousey's mouth shut for two months. ;D

How can Dana influence the results of a PED test? It's done independently.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2015, 06:07:10 PM »

not sure.  but just like the ifbb its always the bigmouths and trouble makers that fail..  i'm sure it's just a coincidence.

weird that he mentioned at the press conference that Hohm would be late because of her drug test.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2015, 06:13:05 PM »
I like Joe. I actually like him a lot.

That said, I think he has been made into the official hype man of the UFC. When you look at the fighter promos, most of them now include a piece with Joe Rogan talking about the fighter's distinct talents, abilities and skills.

He readily throws around the term "the best pound for pound fighter on the planet".  I know that he still believes that Anderson Silva is/was the best MMA fighter of all time and, at the very least, his record can justify that, but much too frequently, Joe drives the UFC hype train.

With Ronda, I think Joe has been put in his place many times by people that visit his show. Brendan Schaub comes to mind. Schaub has told Rogan many times that Ronda is not the real deal and that while she is a good MMA fighter, her greatness is relative to the fact that the vast majority of female fighters in MMA today are unproven and have a resume that probably spans for all of 2-3 years.

In my opinion, the best MMA fighter alive right now is Jon Bones Jones. This is not because he has spent a lifetime working on this craft or even because he is so damn dedicated to becoming the best of all time, it is simply because he is genetically gifted and can also pick up shit faster than most trained fighters can.

"1"

Solid post.

I like Joe Rogan too but didn't understand why he was so over the top fond of Ronda. He is very knowledgeable and his judgment is usually sound so I was a bit perplexed why he was so infatuated with Rousey. Perhaps that was it and his feelings were increased because he was so physically attracted to her. She is a promoters dream and as you said part of Rogan's job is hyping up the UFC and it's fighters but he went overboard on Ronda. Interestingly he hasn't done the same with Conor, yes he has spoken a lot about him and praised him but not to the extent of Rousey. Actually I watched one podcast where Joe got emotional, he teared up and there was a break in his voice as he spoke about the barriers Ronda was dismantling, the doors she was opening for the sexes to be perceived differently. I wonder if this infatuation carries over to Holly Holm?!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
not sure.  but just like the ifbb its always the bigmouths and trouble makers that fail..  i'm sure it's just a coincidence.

weird that he mentioned at the press conference that Hohm would be late because of her drug test.

IFBB? Do you mean fail drug tests or fail at the sport? Bodybuilding is a subjective sport so it's much easier for a person to get black balled. But even if a fight goes to the judges it's still often, not always, obvious who won. And of course if there's a submission/tko it's a moot point.

People like to accuse the UFC of being corrupt and fixing fights. These are not stupid people running the organization. They saw what happened to Pride. Corruption eventually gets exposed. There's a lot of disgruntled fighters out there that has a grudge against Dana. They accuse him of being unfair, ruthless, an asshole but I haven't heard anything about corruption. Not like in Pride where fighters admit they were encourage (or at least not discouraged) to juice and fights were fixed.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2015, 06:28:19 PM »
IFBB? Do you mean fail drug tests or fail at the sport? Bodybuilding is a subjective sport so it's much easier for a person to get black balled. But even if a fight goes to the judges it's still often, not always, obvious who won. And of course if there's a submission/tko it's a moot point.

People like to accuse the UFC of being corrupt and fixing fights. These are not stupid people running the organization. They saw what happened to Pride. Corruption eventually gets exposed. There's a lot of disgruntled fighters out there that has a grudge against Dana. They accuse him of being unfair, ruthless, an asshole but I haven't heard anything about corruption. Not like in Pride where fighters admit they were encourage (or at least not discouraged) to juice and fights were fixed.

Chael Sonnen said fights were fixed, next thing you know he tests positive and is completely eliminated from the UFC.  that's one example.  i know you have a much more inner circle knowledge than i do, but i always heard that pride was the real deal.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2015, 06:31:42 PM »

dana cant but lorenzo sure as hell can

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #324 on: November 15, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
Good call from last night.

Following the bout, Ronda Rousey was immediately transported to a local hospital where x-rays revealed Her jaw has been broken in three different areas. Doctors began surgery just moments after. According to UFC president Dana White, Rousey Will have her Jaw wired shut for at least two months and it is unclear on when she will return.

thanks. 

yeah, rousey is still a badass if she fought another 6-8 minutes with a broken jaw.  it completely explains why she didn't ground and pound.  Suddenly she only had the weaker punching option + her face was in searing pain.  The kick must have hurt like heck if her jaw was already broken.

After :45, I never see her move her jaw again.  Looks broken early.