Author Topic: Sergio Oliva Jr.,Overall-winner of NPC National 2015, is the next big thing !  (Read 12558 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
He's good, esp on his legs, but I believe that Eddie Bracamontes had a better conditioning
Better conditioning but Sergio's structure is better. The only problem with Sergio is he is a bit long waisted, which takes away from his back development. Shows from the front, especially in the victory pose and front double bicep.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Better conditioning but Sergio's structure is better. The only problem with Sergio is he is a bit long waisted, which takes away from his back development. Shows from the front, especially in the victory pose and front double bicep.

Well said, I agree 100%, plus Sergio's chest is almost gone in certain poses

ritch

• Getbig V
Don't think he can be a top pro. Long torso bb'ers are so disadvantaged.
?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

But Branch Warren was 6th @ the 2015 Olympia. And he looks like trash. There will be room for Sergio Jr soon.

ritch

• Getbig V
But Branch Warren was 6th @ the 2015 Olympia. And he looks like trash. There will be room for Sergio Jr soon.

Haha, true...
?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Sergio Oliva Jr. is the next big thing in bodybuilding
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 09:54:59 AM »
True there are a lot of cans competing today but that's because there are just a lot of people competing. There are a handful of legit freaks out there coming up. Sergio Jr. looks like a great bber but I don't think he's reached the level of freakiness that takes you to the top tier. Depends how old he is if he has a chance. If he's still in his twenties then maybe. If he is already in his thirties his window of opportunity is closing fast.
Ronnie Coleman didn't get really good until well in his 30s. Although, he had his pro card a long time before that. Vince Taylor didn't start bodybuilding until he was 28, and look at his longevity. Al Beckles at 40-50+ looks better than many Pros do today.
In a sense, ideally lower lat insertions are better. Orville Burke had high lats and was a beast. Dex Jackson has high lats and won the Mr. O and has 5 Arnold Classics, and at 46 was second at the 2015 Mr. O, and one could say that he should have won. Dennis Wolf is always a threat

stavios

• Getbig III
Wont do shit in the pros

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Wont do shit in the pros

agreed.  guys who dominate the pros are guys that get their pro card and then gain 20-40 lbs after becoming pro.  he has changed maybe 8 lbs in 6 years.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
The Next Big Thing in bodybuilding will be something chemical. Not a person

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Not hating but I agree with others, will struggle as a pro, structure wise hes got a bit to work with, don't think his structure is as good as his dads, depends what hes got left to unlock in the potential tank, but his progress has been a lot slower than many others, that could be financial but most guys doing the nationals are usually using plenty, and the next 20 lbs is more about having the income to do the ius of pharma not mgs of test, and being able to maintain his waist while he grows elsewhere, plenty of got bigger from here with the financial resources, trouble is the ius grow the waist as well as everywhere else.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I think he will do well in smaller tier shows. I hope he does not get poofy.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he makes it to the Olympia in 2016 with how I think there's going to be a shift with classic bodybuilding coming in. May not crack top 10 but still

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

This.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Doesn't seem to have his Dad's response to the gear?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Doesn't seem to have his Dad's response to the gear?
this and dosen't have the same potency drug wise his dad had as well,,his dad was the 'ronnie'coleman of his era a freak /response /strenght/looking the part in the 3 things i mentioned,his kid looks good but not omg good,,i wish him well in regards to 'fufilling his bbing potential 'if thats his goal for this part of his life..

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »
Ronnie Coleman didn't get really good until well in his 30s. Although, he had his pro card a long time before that. Vince Taylor didn't start bodybuilding until he was 28, and look at his longevity. Al Beckles at 40-50+ looks better than many Pros do today. In a sense, ideally lower lat insertions are better. Orville Burke had high lats and was a beast. Dex Jackson has high lats and won the Mr. O and has 5 Arnold Classics, and at 46 was second at the 2015 Mr. O, and one could say that he should have won. Dennis Wolf is always a threat

Good points. In way, bbing seems to favor older athletes more than in most physical oriented points. Nowadays you seem to start hitting your peak in your 30s.

Good luck to Sergio Jr. It's a tough road to hoe.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
Was his dad *THAT* good, though or was he good for his era?

We agree that if Arnold of 1976 competed today he wouldn't even win Jr. Nationals. Arnold in his prime would get washed out in a Npc National line up having tiny legs, no back and "decent" conditioning. Arnold of 1980 wouldn't even win a local show if there was a decent superheavyweight in the mix trying to qualify.

Was Sergio Sr. really that good? Or was he good for his time? Would old man Sergio of 1970 even be in the first call-out of a USA's? I doubt it.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »
He's also had to work for this for a long time and it sounds like he did what he had to do to get there so that gives you more security and you don't get distracted by haters

Hopefully he has a good support system around him. I like what he said about wanting him to focus on his whole life.

yes we need to examine his every move

if he slips up we can tear him to pieces
"

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If he starts real chemical warfare watch out. His father was against him bodybuilding I heard. Maybe he just uses enough gear to get by in contests.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Was his dad *THAT* good, though or was he good for his era?

We agree that if Arnold of 1976 competed today he wouldn't even win Jr. Nationals. Arnold in his prime would get washed out in a Npc National line up having tiny legs, no back and "decent" conditioning. Arnold of 1980 wouldn't even win a local show if there was a decent superheavyweight in the mix trying to qualify.

Was Sergio Sr. really that good? Or was he good for his time? Would old man Sergio of 1970 even be in the first call-out of a USA's? I doubt it.
have u seen a decent local superheavyweight look anything like an 1980 arnold,,if u have please post a pic,and after re-reading what u wrote maybe a good amatuer looking to re-qualify but still,,,

Mothballs

• Getbig IV

I agree that 9 out of 10 superheavyweights these days at any Npc show are truly heavyweights that didn't diet down properly but would old man Sergio in his prime got first call out at this past nationals in the supers? I doubt it.

He was great for his era but today we have a way better knowledge of drugs and nutrition. Give old man sergio then what these guys are using now? Holy shit. That would have been a sight to behold.

I remember reading once somewhere that it has been said that getting ready for a show old man Sergio would literally eat pizza and drink Coke and eat cake daily never once doing any cardio or ever fathoming the concept of the word calories. He was that genetically freaky.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Mothballs

• Getbig IV

^^^^ by todays judging and standards he'd be marked down due to soft hams and glutes. He wouldn't be Top 10 at a national line up.

Imagine him on today's pro level stack of sauce. Wow.

Junior wont be a top tier pro if anything he is mid-level maybe 3rd tier. He needs another 5lbs of solid muscle to even make the top 5 at a Tampa pro show. I see him no doubt doing the Chicago pro show in the summer of 2016, tho.  ::)

If he was smart like Evan Centopani he would take a full year off to grow and recharge and let his receptors clear out a bit then do the 2017 Chicago pro. I dont think he is. He seems to eager and impatient. If you have to "try" more than once to go pro at a national show your odds of doing anything on the pro level decreases dramatically. Not that there is a future for him as a professional bodybuilder or anything outside some free flights, hotel rooms, meals and a box of supplements.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
It isn't like there's all this amazing competition. There are so many shows these days and I'm sure after last year's Olympia and all the drama, Sergio will end up on the Olympia stage. I think he looks better than some that were at this year's Olympia. I hope he gets some tutoring on the biz end of things and I hope he doesn't try to come up with myth supplements. He's got a great personality. He should use that

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
agreed.  guys who dominate the pros are guys that get their pro card and then gain 20-40 lbs after becoming pro.  he has changed maybe 8 lbs in 6 years.
Its all about $$ for him.  If he had the cash to step on the gas lookout.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Its all about $$ for him.  If he had the cash to step on the gas lookout.

You might be right. Once you get to the level where you need pharm grade hgh then the cost go up considerably. Thousands a month.