Author Topic: Bret Hart's book  (Read 12327 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Bret Hart's book
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
Sorry I have been away.

More :

Yoko was 450lbs when he entered the WWF.  After winning the belt, he went up to 600lbs in only four months from eating hot dogs in the locker room all the time.  He would drink Diet Coke thinking it helped him out.

Mike Von Erick is rumored to have been on drugs (no surprise) when he committed suicide by zipping himself in a sleeping bag that he had filled with rocks and rolling off the side of a boat into the water.

Earthquake was a legit tough guy.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2015, 06:53:17 AM »
Didn't Earthquake legit wrestle sumo in Japan?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2015, 08:33:28 AM »
I believe he did prior to his WWF/WWE days.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2015, 08:35:08 AM »

Yes, it is mentioned in the book he even faced down a very popular and undefeated sumo champ there who wanted to try him for real and the sumo champ got scared and chickened out.

Also :

Bob Backlund slammed Hart so hard in one match that it broke his pelvis.  His hip would make a loud "CLICK" noise with every step.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2015, 10:04:18 AM »
Regarding the Shawn Michaels fight with the Marines :  (according to eye witnesses and Davey Boy)

Shawn had been making passes at one of their girlfriends and yapping off to them.  When Davey, Waltman and Shawn left the bar, the group of Marines (some say it was 4 to as many as 9) pulled Shawn from the car and beat and kicked him.  Shawn was so out of his mind on pills that he didn't even have the sense to put his hands up to protect his face he simply let them pound his head all over the place.  Then they drug him over to the car and positioned his head so they could slam the door on it.

Waltman tried to help by throwing some pathetic karate kicks, but they pushed him over like a scarecrow where he (wisely) stayed down.  Davey got swarmed by several, but despite their efforts to take him off his feet they couldn't and he remained standing.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2015, 11:48:27 AM »
I always like the part of the story where Cowboy Bob orton comes out of the Hotel room hammered high and buck naked and the cops try to shoot him with the tranqulizer and he just stands there like "is  that all you got"

Somthing like that.

Good book, but honestly it killed every good thought ever portrayed about his storied family, IMO I bet there was even more dark shit that went on in that house with all the freaks and weirdos that stayed there that is buried very deep in some surviving Hart's psyche. It's just hinted in the book and in that wrestling with shadows documentary.
"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2015, 06:38:50 AM »
More :

Shawn was never the same after that beating.  Before that he was very respectful towards Hart and the others.  The initial turning point came when he fell under the influence of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.  But after the assault he went over the edge with his diva demands.  After the assault, his drug use of pill popping which was already alarming went into over drive.  Vince assigned a guy (named Tim I think... can't remember) to follow Shawn and carry his bags, get him to his room, make sure he made his plane, etc...     this guy's previous job was doing the exact same thing for Andre The Giant.  Basically a nursemaid/valet.

Shawn was so insecure that he was constantly biting his nails.  There was nothing but a tiny stub left on each finger and he would chew it nonstop until it was bleeding like crazy. 

Scott Hall's nickname in the dressing room was Razor The Moan because of all the whining he did.

Louie Spicolli was the second worst case of slow suicide that Hart had seen in his life, next to Rick McGraw.

Vince fired Louie under the pretense that his drug abuse was out of control and vowed the next wrestler he hired would be drug free and a model employee.  The next wrestler he promptly hired was Brian Pillman.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2016, 11:24:51 AM »
Bret now has prostate cancer to battle... Hoping for the best for the Hit Man...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »
Sorry I have been away.

More :

Yoko was 450lbs when he entered the WWF.  After winning the belt, he went up to 600lbs in only four months from eating hot dogs in the locker room all the time.  He would drink Diet Coke thinking it helped him out.

Mike Von Erick is rumored to have been on drugs (no surprise) when he committed suicide by zipping himself in a sleeping bag that he had filled with rocks and rolling off the side of a boat into the water.

Earthquake was a legit tough guy.

Fuck man...

Reading some interesting stuff here, but I'd simply put a gun to my head, what a shit way to go...
?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »

of all the ways to off yourself, what a horrible painful way to go.

the burning in his lungs must have been unreal before he passed out.. :-\ :'(
Flower Boy Ran Away

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2016, 04:33:37 AM »
Speaking of Bret Hart, its just been confirmed that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.  :(

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »
Speaking of Bret Hart, its just been confirmed that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.  :(

Another wrestling tragedy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2016, 06:11:05 AM »

Another wrestling tragedy.
I wouldn't call it a tragedy but he is up there in age. Just sucks when you hear about this kind of shit. Then you have guys like Jake Roberts who abused drugs and alcohol his entire life and he is still walking which to this day boggles my mind.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2016, 11:14:34 AM »
I wouldn't call it a tragedy but he is up there in age. Just sucks when you hear about this kind of shit. Then you have guys like Jake Roberts who abused drugs and alcohol his entire life and he is still walking which to this day boggles my mind.
                thanks to ddp yoga ::) ::) ::)
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »

I was being facetious. ;D

Bret has used the phrase "wrestling tragedy" more than anyone in the history of mankind!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2016, 05:17:27 AM »

I was being facetious. ;D

Bret has used the phrase "wrestling tragedy" more than anyone in the history of mankind!
Well I cannot argue with that, Monte :)