Author Topic: My next challenge  (Read 8008 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
My next challenge
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
I made it mandatory for my team to show up at the field 5:30am. Already getting a bunch on whiners. Hahaha.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: My next challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 10:43:43 AM »
They may find it hard to take orders from a 5'2 man :)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 05:03:40 PM »
I made it mandatory for my team to show up at the field 5:30am. Already getting a bunch on whiners. Hahaha.

530 am,fuck that shit.Fuck doing anything that early.I get up that early some days but if i had to do something that early i would quit whatever it was.Never understood the extreme early stuff.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:08:32 PM »
I was hoping you would read a non- fiction book but good luck. Especially is dealing with teens. Or people in 20s. Or 30s.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:10:21 PM »

in only 10 days of your program one of the biggest things I am noticing is my, for lack of better words,..ability to be more stationary agile---example, I can squat down and stay there for a long time without pain,...I can put socks on without having to lift my leg with my hand,...wayyyyy less hip pain,...........I know its super early but I wont deny something is different

being so nice to you for all these years is paying off  :-X :-X :-X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
in only 10 days of your program one of the biggest things I am noticing is my, for lack of better words,..ability to be more stationary agile---example, I can squat down and stay there for a long time without pain,...I can put socks on without having to lift my leg with my hand,...wayyyyy less hip pain,...........I know its super early but I wont deny something is different

being so nice to you for all these years is paying off  :-X :-X :-X

That's awesome. Soft-tissue work, mobility drills and flexibility works wonders.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »
530 am,fuck that shit.Fuck doing anything that early.I get up that early some days but if i had to do something that early i would quit whatever it was.Never understood the extreme early stuff.

Well. 1. I'm making it part of their grade and its mandatory.  2. They (or who ever) has to come out of their comfort zone if they want to see dramatic changes.

I have their entire morning and afternoon scheduled down to the minute especially since CIF rules only allow 18 hours a week for everything.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:27:46 PM »
coach there is nothing wrong with that , hell  i get up at 4 am and in gym by 5 am on work days.

tell them to set an alarm clock and quit bitching, the hardest part is getting up

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 05:30:16 PM »
Well. 1. I'm making it part of their grade and its mandatory.  2. They (or who ever) has to come out of their comfort zone if they want to see dramatic changes.

I have their entire morning and afternoon scheduled down to the minute especially since CIF rules only allow 18 hours a week for everything.
There is a ton of truth in you second point. A life lesson, if you will.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 06:57:08 PM »

A grade for a football team???

We all practiced after school. Not before.

This makes zero sense.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 07:00:31 PM »
A grade for a football team???

We all practiced after school. Not before.

This makes zero sense.

It's always been a part of their grade. Worth 2.5 instead of 5.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 07:01:12 PM »
It's always been a part of their grade. Worth 2.5 instead of 5.

Never heard of such a thing.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »
Never heard of such a thing.
That's because it's another delusion from the delusional.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 07:39:00 PM »
That's because it's another delusion from the delusional.

Wanna bet? Gimmick.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
lol these hs kids will get coked up 4 this shit
A

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
Wanna bet? Gimmick.
I'll bet 1 partial scholarship.

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »
wow look at you go.

im going to make people do something stupid because im the midget in charge!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
are you well versed in school district policy?

All it takes is one litigious parent "you're not docking my son's 4.0 GPA because he won't participate in something outside of established school hours", and you'll end up with egg on your face.

this move is a risky one.  college acceptance can now depend on waking up at 4am?  Remember, this school has the work ethic of a truckload of sewage if they're already 0-for-decade.

you should have consulted the wise minds at getbig for potential cracks.  

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 08:15:31 PM »
Lots of gimmicks showing up in this thread

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 08:15:51 PM »
are you well versed in school district policy?

All it takes is one litigious parent "you're not docking my son's 4.0 GPA because he won't participate in something outside of established school hours", and you'll end up with egg on your face.

this move is a risky one.  college acceptance can now depend on waking up at 4am?  Remember, this school has the work ethic of a truckload of sewage if they're already 0-for-decade.

you should have consulted the wise minds at getbig for potential cracks.  

Wait until your kid is in HS. There's no such thing as "outside of school hours" when he picks the sport of his choice. Water polo is in before football at 5am. So my next question is how well versed are you in school district policy? In California?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »
Lots of gimmicks showing up in this thread

Yeah, they hide.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
Wait until your kid is in HS. There's no such thing as "outside of school hours" when he picks the sport of his choice. Water polo is in before football at 5am. So my next question is how well versed are you in school district policy? In California?

hey man, my child's punk ass would be running suicides at 5:00 am, that's for sure.   ;D  Boy, get yo ass to practice.

I'm just saying the moment you decide in early December to intro a new 5am policy...
if ONE parent resists, and they get their way, you'll lose all respect with them.

it's fine if that's what it takes to participate in the sport.  They can just quit teams if they don't like the hours.  But you're saying their GRADE will depend on it?   That's a pretty big deal.  WE're talking about getting into college here... a "B" and not an "A" could mean the kid misses out on the school of their choice... for something you intro'd 50% thru the school year?

I've been a teacher.  I know parents.  They often get very upset over sudden changes.  Particularly those when the effect can be community college.  I hope I'm wrong, but my prediction is one person will balk within 2 weeks, and you'll have to bend.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 08:43:16 PM »
hey man, my child's punk ass would be running suicides at 5:00 am, that's for sure.   ;D  Boy, get yo ass to practice.

I'm just saying the moment you decide in early December to intro a new 5am policy...
if ONE parent resists, and they get their way, you'll lose all respect with them.

it's fine if that's what it takes to participate in the sport.  They can just quit teams if they don't like the hours.  But you're saying their GRADE will depend on it?   That's a pretty big deal.  WE're talking about getting into college here... a "B" and not an "A" could mean the kid misses out on the school of their choice... for something you intro'd 50% thru the school year?

I've been a teacher.  I know parents.  They often get very upset over sudden changes.  Particularly those when the effect can be community college.  I hope I'm wrong, but my prediction is one person will balk within 2 weeks, and you'll have to bend.

We expect a pushback from certain parents and we pretty much know who they will be. But these are also the same parents who complain that the team isn't winning, they suck blah, blah, blah. But if they're not apart of the solution they'll be part of the problem. If they don't want to lose they shouldn't complain because their kid has to show up early.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »
We expect a pushback from certain parents and we pretty much know who they will be. But these are also the same parents who complain that the team isn't winning, they suck blah, blah, blah. But if they're not apart of the solution they'll be part of the problem. If they don't want to lose they shouldn't complain because their kid has to show up early.
Do you ever stop and reflect on your lifetime achievements and realize that you are a pathetic failure.