Author Topic: if u put something heavy ina body of water that floats is the water heavier?  (Read 6741 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Put a ship on a scale on dry land and it registers 10 tons.  Ok.

Put the scale under the ship while it floats on water and the scale reads zero.  Of course, it's floating because the weight of the water displaced by the portion of the ship below the water line is 10 tons.

Now put the ship's anchor on the scale.  500 pounds.  Now throw the anchor overboard and go weigh it at the bottom of the ocean.  Does the scale say it weighs 500 pounds minus the weight of the water it displaced?  So if you could DL 450 pounds you could pull the anchor to the surface, but if you couldn't DL 500 pounds then you couldn't lift the anchor out of the water?

The Falcon just blew my mind.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Get an aquarium....fill it with water and put it on a scale...Get a model boat that weighs one pound and put it in the water...The aquarium, water, and model boat will be one pound heavier than the aquarium and water by themselves....The level of the water will rise with the model boat displacing one pound of water...

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
would be nice if howard was around to write up a nice explanation

:)
"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Farts in the bathtub weigh less than farts in the shower.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
If I held the OP`s head underwater for 10 minutes,would he die?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Hello, Basile. Where have you been? I dedicated my profile picture to you.
lål

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
You posted the photo on getbig, therefore it is public information. Do not be mad with me, Basile. We will take a walk down Manly Beach and then visit the kangaroos.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=88578.0

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
I honestly don't get what some anonymous assholes get out of stalking forum members.

Those photos don't embarrass me. Some were harvested from my online site before I

close the door via a password.

Some people here are sadistic perverts suffering from severe inferiority complexes so

take it out on known bodybuilders. SF is a sadistic pervert. Many more like him here.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Some pseudo intellects here are actually devoid of common sense. I wish Wiggs and other like him had their stars replaced by Dunce's hats!

You have to read beyond the lines in Martys posts.

He is not a mere pseudo intellectual, he is an enlightened being.

What he is really saying is that he is asking us a question if we are drinking enough water.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

Down here we all float
a

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
You have to read beyond the lines in Martys posts.

He is not a mere pseudo intellectual, he is an enlightened being.

What he is really saying is that he is asking us a question if we are drinking enough water.

the. more wata we drink da less gravity our cells need to overcome weare. lighter but but then again we arent
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
the. more wata we drink da less gravity our cells need to overcome weare. lighter but but then again we arent

Here's the thing

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I honestly don't get what some anonymous assholes get out of stalking forum members.

Those photos don't embarrass me. Some were harvested from my online site before I

Some people here are sadistic perverts suffering from severe inferiority complexes so

take it out on known bodybuilders. SF is a sadistic pervert. Many more like him here.

Basile, my everything, there is nothing weird about any of this. All I did was type in "vince basile" under google image and hit enter. Many of your pictures came up. I would hardly call that "stalking." I have not engaged in any behavior that is either sadistic or perverted. The pic in my profile picture was not harvested from your site. It was posted by YOU!

Basile, my profile picture is a homage to Mr. Canada, the inventor of the bicep supination machine, and the inventor of the theory of hypertrophy.
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
there should be no weight change even though you think that body of water gained mass  

im just relaxing and thinking

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom

many a mr.olympia have dashed themselves against the rocks of his (the great SF1900's) rhetorical barrage

keep your chin up bro, weather the storm
"

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Archimedes. So hard to refrain from harsher words.

"Give me a lever and I'll move the world."    -Archimedes of Syracuse
a

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Water is Life

To be one with Kale Greens and Sea Salt creates unfathomable currents of electricity.

Marty Champions = Life

10pints

• Getbig IV
"Everything is made of water" - Thales of Miletus (c.624-546 bce)

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
Basile, my everything, there is nothing weird about any of this. All I did was type in "vince basile" under google image and hit enter. Many of your pictures came up. I would hardly call that "stalking." I have not engaged in any behavior that is either sadistic or perverted. The pic in my profile picture was not harvested from your site. It was posted by YOU!

Basile, my profile picture is a homage to Mr. Canada, the inventor of the bicep supination machine, and the inventor of the theory of hypertrophy.

Hear hear. Nothing wrong with mutual admiration between two heathly and vigorous male bodybuilders. Could think of nothing more healthy than the two of you walking down Manly Beach while Basile eagerly imparts his decades of bodybuilding knowledge to you. You hanging on his every word, soaking up everything, pleading for more More MORE.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Grass Clippings Of Peace

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
"Give me a lever and I'll move the world."    -Archimedes of Syracuse

What about his place to stand?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Water was a solid to allow Jesus to walk on it and Moses to part it. Later it turned liquid to allow ships to float. In reality water has no weight. The weight is achieved from the container and pressure but not water itself. Water is neither here nor there but is there but not here.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Hear hear. Nothing wrong with mutual admiration between two heathly and vigorous male bodybuilders. Could think of nothing more healthy than the two of you walking down Manly Beach while Basile eagerly imparts his decades of bodybuilding knowledge to you. You hanging on his every word, soaking up everything, pleading for more More MORE.

That would be a dream come true.

Manly Beach

X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Put it this way. You have a 200lbs mattress. You are 200lbs and lie on it. Total is 400lbs. Does mattress take some of your 200lbs? No. It is displaced. To side, upwards, whatever. It can't suck your mass no more than water can.

Basile has had numerous 400 pound women on his mattress