Author Topic: Vince Basile?  (Read 50910 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Vince Basile?
« on: August 10, 2006, 12:10:45 PM »
His avatar is a picture of a grandfather flexing...............
Google says he is a great airplane salesman!
Mid Island Air Srevice/ N.Y. Jet Sales Division provides you with the experience and expertise you need in making an investment in an aircraft. MIAS/NY JET's sales division has satisfied customers worldwide. Our sales manger, Vince Basile has over 25 years of experience. Vince will find you the aircraft of you dreams. If it's time to move up, they will also assist you with the sale of your current aircraft. An aircraft is a major purchase and should not be handled without the advice of qualified proessionals. We can also help you find partners if sole ownership is not right for you.

someone else said he was Mr Canada 1948?

who is this mystery man?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Vince Basile?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 12:17:57 PM »
Where you been, bro? I think under his avatar it says Mr. Canada 1970. Get with the program. 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
Where you been, bro? I think under his avatar it says Mr. Canada 1970. Get with the program. 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ............1970 or 1870?!?!?!?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »
Im just kidding!

Vince looks great for his age

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 12:27:41 PM »
Mike,

Ever since your contest you have lost it....Stupid thread after stupid thread.  When are you going to start saying anything worthwhile.  It has been awhile.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 12:28:40 PM »
LOL. You coming out of the corner swinging today, eh?   ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 12:43:41 PM »
Mike,

Ever since your contest you have lost it....Stupid thread after stupid thread.  When are you going to start saying anything worthwhile.  It has been awhile.

Chicerillo Syndrome

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 12:49:33 PM »
Different vince basile.

vince was born in canada, went to university on full scholarship, won the ifbb mr canada in 1970, moved to australia around the same time and opened a gym here.

the gym has been going since 1971 and at it's peak was the size of a large supermarket. the current location is still very large.

vince is an eccentric kind of guy but knows gym equipment back to front and made just about every piece for his gym himself using things like linear bearing on every weight stack instead of plastic bushings.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
Different vince basile.

vince was born in canada, went to university on full scholarship, won the ifbb mr canada in 1970, moved to australia around the same time and opened a gym here.

the gym has been going since 1971 and at it's peak was the size of a large supermarket. the current location is still very large.

vince is an eccentric kind of guy but knows gym equipment back to front and made just about every piece for his gym himself using things like linear bearing on every weight stack instead of plastic bushings.

Sounds like another Vince................... ......Vince Gironda

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 01:15:26 PM »
Sounds like another Vince................... ......Vince Gironda
no he was the self righteous, alcoholic vince...

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 01:17:58 PM »
Mike,

are you trying to say that after mike placed 4th out of 4, and after all the "way to go mike, look great for a natural" the "success" has gotten to his head, much like the skinny hot chick who used to be fat and starts acting like a bitch just because she thinks she has a right to, even though the shit he/she says is total bullshit?

monster run-on sentence.
Deep Tissue Massage

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
Mike, uh, I think he was built a little better than you. ::)
The House that Ruth built

bandit

• Getbig II
  • i killed the squad and buried them cockroaches
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 03:15:10 PM »
Mike,

have to agree with this. stop making threads nobody is laughing
some people are funny some are not, just give it up
the squad = dead & buried

bandit

• Getbig II
  • i killed the squad and buried them cockroaches
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 03:16:42 PM »
and of course its disrespectful to take shots at vince, if you met him in person sat around and he shared memories of bodybuilding in the 70's would you treat him like that then? no you wouldnt, so why would you behave any different on the internet? you and sarcasm can kiss eachothers ass
the squad = dead & buried

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »
Most people Google themselves to see what is online in those search engines. We search for information about other people. Sometimes there are other people with the same name. All through my years in the Iron game there haven't been too many Vinces except Gironda. I met him in 1968. I had just picked up some photos from the drug store that had some images of Arnold. I mentioned this to Vince in his gym when I visited there for a work out. Must have been about 6 pm in October that year. Vince Gironda suggested I fetch the photos so that they could see them. I was proud of my photography so brought them in for him. He glanced through the pile of photos and then said out loud: "Here's a guy who carries photos of guys around in his wallet!" He must have been pleased with his wit because he repeated that again but the second time much louder so that everyone in the gym could hear. In that instant I knew he was an asshole. I looked around his gym and all the photos had him in them or were dedicated to him from famous people who trained there. In 1980 I returned to his gym but he wasn't there. I did call him on the phone and asked if it was okay to use the gym name for my gym in Australia, Vince's Gym. He was flattered that another gym used that name so gave me his blessings. I asked what he was doing and he said he was writing articles for some magazines. We subsequently changed the name to Vince and Roz's Fitness World in an attempt to let people know we cater to women and things other than hardcore training.

While I was in California several times since 1967 I must have been inspired to have a better gym than either Joe Gold or Vince Gironda had. I think I can safely state that my gym is one of the best in Australia and perhaps one of the best equipped in the world. By best equipped I mean having the best equipment not having the heaviest dumbbells.

If someone here wants to take a shot at me and they are witty then so be it. I could probably give better than I get but I have a rule that I don't attack other people online. I am sure other people will not think this is so because I can be ruthless when it comes to statements and theories. I believe everyone is entitled to find the truth and sometimes you have to kill false theories to have better ones. I have studied the philosophy of science and I must say bodybuilding is a pastime that has more false theories than religion. You would think that in a scientific age people would stop believing nonsense but there has been a proliferation of false theories about training and nutrition instead of a convergence towards a true theory of hypertrophy. My gym in full of guys who believe nonsense and because of it cannot make the gains they should. Do they believe what I tell them? Nope, they plod on as if they were on a treadmill and stay on plateaus indefinitely until they hang up their posing trunks. Well, it is the rare person who actually competes. The vast majority just train to get bigger and stronger but most never reach their potential.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 05:48:06 PM »
Vince is a really good guy, stop making jokes at his expense "arvilla"
Look you are saying this forum is getting too juvenile well, look who is making stupid jokes... of course people get older... get over it.
Amongst his other achievements Vince runs a great gym in Sydney, Australia with a lot of equipment which is very unique and highly effective a testament to his intelligence and credibility.
The gym is fairly old-school therefore conducive to harder training particularly with a dedicated section to free weights whereby the use of chalk is permitted a rarity in today's gyms.
Wow, "arvilla" I didn't think you would stoop so low. Respect the man he won a national title when there was ONLY the one title in Canada back then unlike today's array of federations whereby national titles are conducted. OK, "arvilla" maybe you competed wow...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:43 PM »
Vince's old gym was huge.

I think I counted about 7 or 8 smith machines in there once but I think the ladies area had a few more as well!

I think it had about 6-7 leg extensions too...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 06:21:27 PM »
My first gym in West Ryde had 3000 square feet. The last one in West Ryde had 30,000 sq ft. That was a huge gym. I had to close a gym in Blacktown so brought all the equipment to West Ryde. We moved to Meadowbank in 2002 and our gym is smaller but perhaps better than the huge one. We now have separate areas for cardio machines, main gym, free weights and aerobics. Plus an upstairs for offices and childminding. There is also a huge car park out back for 80 spaces.

We do have plenty of duplicate machines for some exercises. I counted 11 lat pulldown machines. I have one lat pulldown machine in my factory that has a weight stack of 455 pounds on it. We have many varieties of machines for body parts. One standing calf machine has a weight stack of 1,000 pounds. That is the most I have seen on a commercially made piece of gym equipment. Yes, I made most of our equipment but we have a range of Nautilus gear and a Technogym seated leg press that has an electric motor to move the sled back and forth. I try to install only the best equipment. If bodybuilders don't use equipment then I consider that unused equipment not very good. That is a severe test of some of the equipment I have made and quite sobering. I will have to take some recent photos of our gym to show people here. We keep shifting machines around to make the club more effective.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 07:19:25 PM »
Fuck off all you whiners

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 08:01:29 PM »
f**k off all you whiners

looks like the competing bber's ego has arrived...

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »
My first gym in West Ryde had 3000 square feet. The last one in West Ryde had 30,000 sq ft. That was a huge gym. I had to close a gym in Blacktown so brought all the equipment to West Ryde. We moved to Meadowbank in 2002 and our gym is smaller but perhaps better than the huge one. We now have separate areas for cardio machines, main gym, free weights and aerobics. Plus an upstairs for offices and childminding. There is also a huge car park out back for 80 spaces.

We do have plenty of duplicate machines for some exercises. I counted 11 lat pulldown machines. I have one lat pulldown machine in my factory that has a weight stack of 455 pounds on it. We have many varieties of machines for body parts. One standing calf machine has a weight stack of 1,000 pounds. That is the most I have seen on a commercially made piece of gym equipment. Yes, I made most of our equipment but we have a range of Nautilus gear and a Technogym seated leg press that has an electric motor to move the sled back and forth. I try to install only the best equipment. If bodybuilders don't use equipment then I consider that unused equipment not very good. That is a severe test of some of the equipment I have made and quite sobering. I will have to take some recent photos of our gym to show people here. We keep shifting machines around to make the club more effective.

Out of interest, I worked out at Vince & Roz's gym last week..It was of top notch quality. I was impressed. If I lived closer I would definately purchase a membership.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 08:40:21 PM »

Out of interest, I worked out at Vince & Roz's gym last week..It was of top notch quality. I was impressed. If I lived closer I would definately purchase a membership.
You try out one of his hyperextension benches? I love those things...

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 09:24:31 PM »
Here is a shot taken in November 2004 in my gym.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 09:47:20 PM »
Mike,

Wow, this board needs some real news...  These threads are certainly getting a bit lame.
Motherboy (the band).