Author Topic: New York is the first city in the US to add sodium warnings to menus  (Read 6931 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: New York is the first city in the US to add sodium warnings to menus
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »
I didn't say that sodium was a carcinogen. I said that everything in your post applied to fast food.

This whole thread is about sodium.  And everything in my post included this:  "Tobacco companies market poison.  They have been peddling carcinogens for years."

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »
This whole thread is about sodium.  And everything in my post included this:  "Tobacco companies market poison.  They have been peddling carcinogens for years."

No, the topic of this  thread is how NY fast food chains now have to put a warning on foods with a high sodium content. Fast food chains don't sell salt, they sell food. The food contains so much salt AND fat AND sugar to make their poison as palatable and addictive as possible.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 10:38:30 AM »
I don't have this fitness app or whatever, who is to say it is accurate?  Does it have a break down of the food content from each restaurant or just a break down of the food content by food items themselves?

Because I can tell you that the macros for 8oz of lobster from Red Lobster is going to be a hell of a lot different than they are from 8oz of lobster from Ruth Chris.

Unless this app breaks it down specifically by restaurants and the exact recipes that they use are taken into consideration, then it isn't very accurate. 

But then, why would I want to use an app to look this up anyway?  If I am paying my money to these places, the least they could do is provide me with as much info on their selections as possible. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 11:02:38 AM »
Nutritional content is liberal hogwash.

My machine gun cooked bacon sure doesn't come with one.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
It sounds like you don't know anything about running a small business.  You definitely don't know anything about fitness apps and how easy they are to use. 

As if fitness apps directly relate to running a small business?   HAHAHAHAH  what ever  ::)

You don't know what you are talking about and your ignorance shows clearly.

You are simply parroting conservative talking points while blowing them out your ass.

While you may think you know something about small business, which i suspect isn't much, you have demonstrated that you nothing of the restaurant biz and also printing costs.

You would  rather try and sound smart while you whine like the rest of the curmudgeons.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
You are simply parroting conservative talking points while blowing them out your ass.

Accurate. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 11:06:45 AM »
O Rly?

I could pull a number of quotes like this, but I know you don't let those pesky facts get in the way of an absurd assumption.   :)

I bet you will be in the front of the line trying to lobby a legislature for a bill that forces waiters to actually feed you your food at a restaurant table.  Heck, you probably want them to wipe your okole in the bathroom.  

Is this you?  "Wipers!"   ;D

Well of course now you do since you were raised in the anti tobacco culture.

But i wasn't talking about NOW was I?  I was talking about a hypotheitical of you in the 50's wasn't I?

Don't let that pesky fact spoil your bullshit.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »

Is this the "Myfitnesspal" you were talking about Beach?

If everyone will notice:

-  the info was confirmed by two users

-  it asked if the data is accurate

-  Lastly conformed on 6/2014

Oh yeah, lots of confidence in this app   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »
No, the topic of this  thread is how NY fast food chains now have to put a warning on foods with a high sodium content. Fast food chains don't sell salt, they sell food. The food contains so much salt AND fat AND sugar to make their poison as palatable and addictive as possible.

Wait.  So the topic is about warning labels for sodium, but the thread is not about sodium?  

In any event, you tied sodium (or "warning on foods with a high sodium content") to carcinogens.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2015, 11:27:11 AM »
I don't have this fitness app or whatever, who is to say it is accurate?  Does it have a break down of the food content from each restaurant or just a break down of the food content by food items themselves?

Because I can tell you that the macros for 8oz of lobster from Red Lobster is going to be a hell of a lot different than they are from 8oz of lobster from Ruth Chris.

Unless this app breaks it down specifically by restaurants and the exact recipes that they use are taken into consideration, then it isn't very accurate. 

But then, why would I want to use an app to look this up anyway?  If I am paying my money to these places, the least they could do is provide me with as much info on their selections as possible. 

I explained why I don't have a problem with accuracy.  It's based on my person experience with using the app for years now.  My current streak is 101 consecutive days.  It works. 

You can find pretty much every food on the planet, including lobster.  Can I guarantee that it is precise?  Of course not.  But it's close enough for someone to make an informed decision about nutritional values in whatever food they are eating. 

I agree places should provide as much info as possible.  The issue is whether government should force them to do so. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2015, 11:29:17 AM »
As if fitness apps directly relate to running a small business?   HAHAHAHAH  what ever  ::)

You don't know what you are talking about and your ignorance shows clearly.

While you may think you know something about small business, which i suspect isn't much, you have demonstrated that you nothing of the restaurant biz and also printing costs.

You would  rather try and sound smart while you whine like the rest of the curmudgeons.

Fitness apps don't relate to small businesses, and that's not what I said. 

Technically, I'm "parroting" a libertarian point.  But it's my opinion.  And you know I don't care whether you like it or not. 

The only whining is your lazy butt who wants the government to force restaurants to do your homework for you. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »
Well of course now you do since you were raised in the anti tobacco culture.

But i wasn't talking about NOW was I?  I was talking about a hypotheitical of you in the 50's wasn't I?

Don't let that pesky fact spoil your bullshit.

Oh you were talking about the 1950s?  Warning labels didn't start till 1968.  :)

But don't let the facts get in the way of a stupid, completely non-fact-based hypothetical.  This is funny.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 11:34:43 AM »

Is this the "Myfitnesspal" you were talking about Beach?

If everyone will notice:

-  the info was confirmed by two users

-  it asked if the data is accurate

-  Lastly conformed on 6/2014

Oh yeah, lots of confidence in this app   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH

Oh look.  A Google.com expert.  LOL!  Stop before you really embarrass yourself.  

There are several ways info gets into the app.  The most reliable is by scanning a bar code from the product.  Another is info provided by the restaurant itself.  Another is by finding other sources online that have already calculated various nutrients.  A lot of the info is already in the app.  Not hard to determine whether something is reliable at all.  

But you wouldn't know that, because you don't know squat about the app.  But keep with your completely uniformed opinion.  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 11:35:40 AM »
so only big business is not allowed to withhold health related information ?

Who is "withholding" information?  They are only "withholding" if they are obligated to provide it in the first place. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »
Oh you were talking about the 1950s?  Warning labels didn't start till 1968.  :)

But don't let the facts get in the way of a stupid, completely non-fact-based hypothetical.  This is funny.   :)

So what?   My point wan't about when they started.  But that obviously went over your head. 

Keep grasping at straws and trying to make it into some other argument lol

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 11:40:37 AM »
Wait.  So the topic is about warning labels for sodium, but the thread is not about sodium?  
::) Obviously not. How else would you explain all of your posts about menu printing costs?

In any event, you tied sodium (or "warning on foods with a high sodium content") to carcinogens.  

No, you attempted to do that. I specifically said fast food contains carcinogens, which is not up for debate.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
Fitness apps don't relate to small businesses, and that's not what I said. 

That's exactly what you implied  man up to it.  And you still don't know squat about the restaurant biz

Technically, I'm "parroting" a libertarian point.  But it's my opinion.  And you know I don't care whether you like it or not.

You are being a whiny conservative.

The only whining is your lazy butt who wants the government to force restaurants to do your homework for you. 

Wring again.  just don't want the "internet" to be the definitive source like you do.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 11:43:57 AM »
Who is "withholding" information?  They are only "withholding" if they are obligated to provide it in the first place. 

This doesn't even make sense. If someone has information and they don't share it with you , they still withheld that information, even if they weren't obligated to share it with you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
So what?   My point wan't about when they started.  But that obviously went over your head. 

Keep grasping at straws and trying to make it into some other argument lol

So what you were off by 16 years?  That you had to pull a stupid hypothetical out of your rear end?  That I completely blew up your hypothetical?  

A typical pattern.  You get bored, start making up scenarios, argue them to death, get proved wrong.  Keep up the good work.   :)  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
Oh look.  A Google.com expert.  LOL!  Stop before you really embarrass yourself.  

There are several ways info gets into the app.  The most reliable is by scanning a bar code from the product.  Another is info provided by the restaurant itself.  Another is by finding other sources online that have already calculated various nutrients.  A lot of the info is already in the app.  Not hard to determine whether something is reliable at all.  

But you wouldn't know that, because you don't know squat about the app.  But keep with your completely uniformed opinion.  lol

Wow they bar codes on menus now?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  

oh wait did you conveniently forget we are talking food from a restaurant???  HAHAHAHAHAAAH

Oh nutritional info provided by the restaurant without verification, something we can all trust.   ::)  Bigmacs=health food

But you would rather trust these 2 users?   HAHAHAHAH

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 11:47:25 AM »
That's exactly what you implied  man up to it.  And you still don't know squat about the restaurant biz

You are being a whiny conservative.

Wring again.  just don't want the "internet" to be the definitive source like you do.

Here is my quote:

It sounds like you don't know anything about running a small business.  You definitely don't know anything about fitness apps and how easy they are to use. 

Let me break it down for you, since you want to act like a simpleton:

1.  You don't know anything about running a small business.  Note the period at the end of the sentence.  All inclusive. 

2.  Next sentence:  you definitely don't know  anything about fitness apps.  Has nothing to do with running a small business.  No implication.  Completely different point.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
So what you were off by 16 years?  That you had to pull a stupid hypothetical out of your rear end?  That I completely blew up your hypothetical?  

A typical pattern.  You get bored, start making up scenarios, argue them to death, get proved wrong.  Keep up the good work.   :)  

You didn't blow up my hypothetical, you confirmed it by having to deflect its intention.

So i got the years wrong  OMG  shot me lol  

But the FACT remains, You would have bitch and moaned about the government make the tobacco industry do something like print warning labels.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »
Wow they bar codes on menus now?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  

oh wait did you conveniently forget we are talking food from a restaurant???  HAHAHAHAHAAAH

Oh nutritional info provided by the restaurant without verification, something we can all trust.   ::)  Bigmacs=health food

But you would rather trust these 2 users?   HAHAHAHAH

No, I don't recall seeing bar codes on menus and that's not what I said.  Or implied.  If you actually read what I said, I was talking about various ways info gets into the app.  

You really sound like a fool.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »
You didn't blow up my hypothetical, you confirmed it by having to deflect its intention.

So i got the years wrong  OMG  shot me lol  

But the FACT remains, You would have bitch and moaned about the government make the tobacco industry do something like print warning labels.

I blew up your hypothetical by showing my own words from 8 years ago, which directly contradict your point.  You responded by saying you were talking about the 1950s, before I was born.  LOL!!  What the heck?  Stop it already.  LOL! 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
Here is my quote:

Let me break it down for you, since you want to act like a simpleton:

1.  You don't know anything about running a small business.  Note the period at the end of the sentence.  All inclusive. 

2.  Next sentence:  you definitely don't know  anything about fitness apps.  Has nothing to do with running a small business.  No implication.  Completely different point.

You should have put the sentences on separate lines then.

You are still left with the fact you don't jack shit about the restaurant biz and prolly don't know much about small business.

But you do know how to use google to find out when labels were put on cigs and you do know who to use you my fitness app.  but what you really know how to do is bitch like a true conservative and deflect.