Author Topic: Is this any good?  (Read 2047 times)

mjb7

• Getbig I
Is this any good?
« on: March 08, 2006, 06:34:58 PM »
I'm new to the forum and just recently started focusing on my bench again.  I trained last summer, but put it on the back burner for a while. 
Height: 6'
Weight: 148
Bench press: 180lbs

Is this decent?  What's an ideal bench press weight for my height/weight?  Thanks!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
Re: Is this any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 08:45:34 AM »
Your benching more than your body weight so yes that is good but there is always room to improve right?

you need to EAT EAT EAT EAT then EAT some more... you'll grow like a weed if you keep with it for a year and longer.. it takes time
Giving 110%

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:09:13 PM »
no. its not good at all actually......but since you only care about getting the ladies( i presume...since your only 148 at 6 feet tall and only posted about benching) then it doesnt really matter....
d[-_-]b actin all cool

mjb7

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:01:05 AM »
Hey man - I'm married, so I really don't care about "getting the ladies."  I have mine.  I just wanted to know the ideal bench for my size/height.  Thanks anyway though.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
I don't believe in an "ideal" weight according to your weight or height, it puts too much on your mind that you "should be" lifting this and can't so you get pissed off and give up. same reason why I never keep a training book. don't think about it that way just use a weight you can hit 4 sets of 6-10 reps and soon enough you'll be using twice your bodyweight.
bodybuildersreality.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 12:31:18 PM »
100 pounds over your bodyweight is a good bench.

Double bodyweight is a really good bench.

Anything over that is considered exceptional.

Keep pumping and don`t quit !!

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 01:19:29 PM »
hey bro, i'd say anything over what you weigh is ok. i'm 5'6,  185, and i can't bench my bodyweight. i might get 1 rep at 175lbs. i know, it's pathetic!  :-[

mjb7

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »
Thanks for your responses - I appreciate it.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 03:01:05 PM »
Hey man - I'm married, so I really don't care about "getting the ladies."  I have mine.  I just wanted to know the ideal bench for my size/height.  Thanks anyway though.
k, well , first off drop the atitude, jackass. second off....you should be benching about like 250 at a minimum for your height and age.   the weight doesnt matter...well, of course the percentage per pound will vary with your bodyweight, but, i dont think that stat means anything anyway.

and your married at 19? jesus....that sucks. in my opinion at least.

and may i ask....why are you training? overall strength? bragging rights on strength? do you play a certain sport? for overall mass/ trying to get ripped? maybe just want your wife to pay a bit more attention to your privates? lol.   because depending on your ghoal, your training plan varies....
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 11:42:51 PM »
your 6 foot one and weigh 148

damn bro, skinny ass guy.
Valhalla awaits.

texhawk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 07:37:36 AM »
you bigger problem is that you are married at 19.  WTF... live damnit, live !!!!!!!!