Author Topic: Conversation with friend about politics.  (Read 3496 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Conversation with friend about politics.
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:24:10 AM »
I have a friend who is a pretty hardcore republican (although, at times, she doesn't sound like one). I was watching the debate with her and her husband last night (although I preferred to not watch it). Some of the topics that were discussed were surveillance and internet control, in order to deter terrorism. This was the debate that ensued:

Her: "I have no problem with a portion of the internet being shut down or having the government listening to the American people's phone calls, in order to intercept terrorist plots. What do you think?"
Me: "Well, I am against both, especially shutting down a portion of the internet, although I am unsure what Trump exactly means or how he would do this."
Her: "So, youre willing to let terrorists plot against Americans by using the internet, without caring that thousands of Americans may die?"
Me: "Of course I do not want Americans to die, but why should law abiding citizens who use the internet in a benign way, have to suffer?"
Her: "Well, youre a scumbag if you care about your precious internet so much that you have a problem with the government shutting down a portion of the internet to stop terrorist plots. You're willing to let Americans die, so you can go on that stupid bodybuilding site getbig or whatever its called."
Me: "Last week you said you had no problem with law abiding people owning guns, despite gun violence, and that we shouldn't punish law abiding gun owners for a bad apples. Yet, you want to punish law abiding internet users?"
Her: "Youre changing the topic and thats a stupid analogy to use."
Me: "No, its not. It actually makes perfect sense. You really don't get to pick and choose what rights you want taken away and which rights you want to keep. How do you decide that? And who decides when it is or isn't appropriate?"
Her: "Well, I don't care about gun ownership. I am not talking about that topic."
Me: "But, its sort of interrelated. What we are really talking about is stripping people's rights, whether its privacy, internet use, or gun ownership. I am not for any of that."
::she begins to scream and curse. Her husband tells her to calm down, then he goes into the other room::
Her: "If you don't stop with this shit, I am going to throw you out."
Me: "Why, because I disagree with you? You don't sound like a republican. You sound like a fascist, trying to strip away the rights of the people."
Her: "Okay, you need to stop."

So, I figured at that point, there was no sense of going on. I went inside and me and her husband (who doesn't really care about politics) chatted. She went upstairs. I left.

Politics...... :-X :-X :-X
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Conversation with friend about politics.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:26:36 AM »
Cliffs notes please

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:29:47 AM »
Cliffs notes please

She wants surveillance on america and wants to shut down a portion of the internet to control terrorism. She wants to take away the rights of law abiding internet users to a certain extent. I disagree. She totally flipped out!

Read the conversation. Its not that long. Its the most reading you will have done since 3rd grade.  ;D ;D
X

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 09:32:14 AM »
You can't have a conversation about politics with a person who's biased, it will eventually turn into a clash of emotional views and also drag you into a negative emotional state. I've fallen for this myself but I could never go out of a debate if the other one can't out think me logically, so I can't be 100% biased.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »
You can't have a conversation about politics with a person who's biased, it will eventually turn into a clash of emotional views and also drag you into a negative emotional state. I've fallen for this myself but I could never go out of a debate if the other one can't out think me logically, so I can't be 100% biased.

I can't state on here what her bias is, but I have a feeling I know why shes so heavily invested in stopping terrorism, even if it means stripping away the rights of people.
X

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
I can't state on here what her bias is, but I have a feeling I know why shes so heavily invested in stopping terrorism, even if it means stripping away the rights of people.

Tit pics??

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 09:37:43 AM »
Tit pics??

lol. I knew this was coming. No pics, you old, pervert!!  :D :D
X

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 09:39:32 AM »

I don't know squat about her so I can't say shit for certain, but she seems to have that 80's american pride, modern feminism and modern libtardism in her. The latter 2 will eventually destroy the core meaning behind safety and common sense and you become a walking commercial

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
I don't know squat about her so I can't say shit for certain, but she seems to have that 80's american pride, modern feminism and modern libtardism in her. The latter 2 will eventually destroy the core meaning behind safety and common sense and you become a walking commercial

Yet, she identifies as Republican, and is voting for Trump.
X

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 09:42:46 AM »
Yet, she identifies as Republican, and is voting for Trump.

Well yeah, but she has a differend view on common sense and safety tho  :P

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »
Well yeah, but she has a differend view on common sense and safety tho  :P

As do most people. However, safety should not include wire taps on peoples phones and cutting off a portion of their internet access.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »
She wants surveillance on america and wants to shut down a portion of the internet to control terrorism. She wants to take away the rights of law abiding internet users to a certain extent. I disagree. She totally flipped out!

Read the conversation. Its not that long. Its the most reading you will have done since 3rd grade.  ;D ;D

Are you trying to say that FLEX articles on gaining 2 inches on my biceps in a week don't count?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
Please explain this line

Does she mean physically throw you out or just unfriend you?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
I have a friend who is a pretty hardcore republican (although, at times, she doesn't sound like one). I was watching the debate with her and her husband last night (although I preferred to not watch it). Some of the topics that were discussed were surveillance and internet control, in order to deter terrorism. This was the debate that ensued:

Her: "I have no problem with a portion of the internet being shut down or having the government listening to the American people's phone calls, in order to intercept terrorist plots. What do you think?"
Me: "Well, I am against both, especially shutting down a portion of the internet, although I am unsure what Trump exactly means or how he would do this."
Her: "So, youre willing to let terrorists plot against Americans by using the internet, without caring that thousands of Americans may die?"
Me: "Of course I do not want Americans to die, but why should law abiding citizens who use the internet in a benign way, have to suffer?"
Her: "Well, youre a scumbag if you care about your precious internet so much that you have a problem with the government shutting down a portion of the internet to stop terrorist plots. You're willing to let Americans die, so you can go on that stupid bodybuilding site getbig or whatever its called."
Me: "Last week you said you had no problem with law abiding people owning guns, despite gun violence, and that we shouldn't punish law abiding gun owners for a bad apples. Yet, you want to punish law abiding internet users?"
Her: "Youre changing the topic and thats a stupid analogy to use."
Me: "No, its not. It actually makes perfect sense. You really don't get to pick and choose what rights you want taken away and which rights you want to keep. How do you decide that? And who decides when it is or isn't appropriate?"
Her: "Well, I don't care about gun ownership. I am not talking about that topic."
Me: "But, its sort of interrelated. What we are really talking about is stripping people's rights, whether its privacy, internet use, or gun ownership. I am not for any of that."
::she begins to scream and curse. Her husband tells her to calm down, then he goes into the other room::
Me: "Why, because I disagree with you? You don't sound like a republican. You sound like a fascist, trying to strip away the rights of the people."
Her: "Okay, you need to stop."

So, I figured at that point, there was no sense of going on. I went inside and me and her husband (who doesn't really care about politics) chatted. She went upstairs. I left.

Politics...... :-X :-X :-X
Should have sent her directly  to the kitchen for more sandwiches.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 10:41:25 AM »
Please explain this line

Does she mean physically throw you out or just unfriend you?

Well, it was her house, so she would just ask me to leave (i.e., I guess "unfriend" me). She couldn't physically throw me out. But, since it's her house, if she asked me to leave, I'd leave. I have no business being there if she doesn't want me there.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
Are you trying to say that FLEX articles on gaining 2 inches on my biceps in a week don't count?

Depends. Were there words in the article that had more than 3 syllables?
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 10:42:55 AM »
Depends. Were there words in the article that had more than 3 syllables?

It was written by Bob Chick, so the answer is no.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 10:43:29 AM »
Conservatives != libertarians.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »
Sounds like she needs a crash course is the constitution

Amendment 4
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »
Should have sent her directly  to the kitchen for more sandwiches.

She does make a good sandwich!
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 10:47:25 AM »
never discuss politics with individuals that have vaginas between their legs  , or personal trainers 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »
Sounds like she needs a crash course is the constitution

Amendment 4
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Her thought process was this:

If you have nothing to hide, then who cares if the government listens in on your phone calls or has access to your telephone records. As long as it deters terrorism, who cares.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »
It was written by Bob Chick, so the answer is no.

Drugs are just the finishing touch.  :) :)
X

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »

If you have nothing to hide, then who cares if the government listens in on your phone calls or has access to your telephone records. As long as it deters terrorism, who cares.

She should, that way of thinking hasn't worked out to well in the past. Besides I guess she thinks its OK for .gov to just ignore the constitution whenever they feel like.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »

Sounds similar to how some cops think: "If you have nothing to hide, what are you afraid of? What are you hiding?"