Author Topic: Longest Heel or Face  (Read 9339 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Longest Heel or Face
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2015, 06:09:17 PM »

Muraco was definitely both - and, that was just in the WWF. He said after retirement that he preferred working heel.

Steve Lombardi is a good one. I think he was a heel even in his jobber days. Allegedly, his push was due to his "relationship" with Pat Patterson.
He tried to make a move on Nicole Bass of all people on a flight overseas. That's why she split..according to her...

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »
I HATED THOSE CAGES . I LIKE THE OLDSCHOOL LIKE A CHAIN LINK FENCE...

To me as a   kid those cages looked more solid.

Irony is my family used to produce/sell both the products used in steel cage matches the mesh and the chainlink
"

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 03:53:34 AM »
This was the pre-Satanic, "patriotic" Sullivan.

I was young but remember seeing these in the magazines. Listen to Jim Ross' recent podcast with Sullivan. "Sully" says a few different times that he never once used the term 'Devil" in any of his promos. Always used abudadein.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 05:07:44 PM »
Tommy Dreamer

Chico Santana

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2016, 02:30:06 AM »
I was young but remember seeing these in the magazines. Listen to Jim Ross' recent podcast with Sullivan. "Sully" says a few different times that he never once used the term 'Devil" in any of his promos. Always used abudadein.

You may also be interested in the talk he had on Flair's podcast, if you haven't already listened to it.
They both covered some good material.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 07:20:15 AM »

You may also be interested in the talk he had on Flair's podcast, if you haven't already listened to it.
They both covered some good material.

Thank you Monty....I listen to both Flair and Ross as well as Austin and Jericho. Occasionally Taz has someone of interest on but it is more his analysis of events

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2016, 03:49:18 PM »
Thank you Monty....I listen to both Flair and Ross as well as Austin and Jericho. Occasionally Taz has someone of interest on but it is more his analysis of events

I should have figured...

I think YOU are the one who introduced me to podcasts.
I'm now hooked!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2016, 04:39:49 AM »
I never new this myself but I just found out recently that during the beginning of their fued, Rick Rude beat the shit out of Warrior backstage during a house show. Something along the lines of Warrior saying Rude was not worthy of working with him for the title. Rude caught wind of this and confronted Warrior which let to a scrap. Both guys gained a good amount of respect for eachother and actually put on good matches.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
I never new this myself but I just found out recently that during the beginning of their fued, Rick Rude beat the shit out of Warrior backstage during a house show. Something along the lines of Warrior saying Rude was not worthy of working with him for the title. Rude caught wind of this and confronted Warrior which let to a scrap. Both guys gained a good amount of respect for eachother and actually put on good matches.

I also remember a story - I forget who told it - that Rude got fed up with Hellwig's constant carelessness in the ring. So, during one of their matches, Rude grabbed Jim in a headlock, took him down to the mat, and said something to the effect, "If you potato me one more time, I'm gonna shove your head up your ass."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »

I also remember a story - I forget who told it - that Rude got fed up with Hellwig's constant carelessness in the ring. So, during one of their matches, Rude grabbed Jim in a headlock, took him down to the mat, and said something to the effect, "If you potato me one more time, I'm gonna shove your head up your ass."
I heard it from an RF shoot interview that Kevin Nash did and it was confirmed by other wrestlers who where in WWE at that time. Apparantly Hogan nick named Rude "The Tazmanian Devil" on account of Rude's real life toughness and Hogan refused to work with him because of it. Hense Rude leaving WWF (then) in late 1990.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
I heard it from an RF shoot interview that Kevin Nash did and it was confirmed by other wrestlers who where in WWE at that time. Apparantly Hogan nick named Rude "The Tazmanian Devil" on account of Rude's real life toughness and Hogan refused to work with him because of it. Hense Rude leaving WWF (then) in late 1990.

Rude and Vader are two of the biggest names Hogan refused to work with.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2016, 05:29:51 AM »

Rude and Vader are two of the biggest names Hogan refused to work with.
I'm actually surprised he even fueded with Vader in 1995. It was short lived but i'm surprised it happened.

I know Rude wanted a money run with Hogan back in 1989 after he lost the IC title to Warrior but it never materialized. Christ, they had Rude wrestle Jimmy Snuka at WM6 in a squash which was pointless. A guy with that charisma and talent.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2016, 06:52:48 AM »

I have heard this as well. He was a legit bad ass. Ironically enough I send out twitter feeds every couple of weeks to Vince,HHH and a bunch of other WWE "superstars" saying it is time to induct Rude into HOF. My guess is Vinny Mac is still upset about Rude being on Nitro and Raw on the same night.

Perhaps the same reason why Luger is not in the HOF. Lex wrestled a Sat or Sunday show for the WWE and was on Nitro that Monday

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »
I have heard this as well. He was a legit bad ass. Ironically enough I send out twitter feeds every couple of weeks to Vince,HHH and a bunch of other WWE "superstars" saying it is time to induct Rude into HOF. My guess is Vinny Mac is still upset about Rude being on Nitro and Raw on the same night.

Perhaps the same reason why Luger is not in the HOF. Lex wrestled a Sat or Sunday show for the WWE and was on Nitro that Monday
Good for them...that's what I say. The HOF is a bunch of Bullshit anyways.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »

I am convinced the old man created it just so he could have one more thing to make a mockery of.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 04:44:57 AM »
[/quote

I am convinced the old man created it just so he could have one more thing to make a mockery of.
And it also gives Vince all the rights to their charactors and he basically owns them.