Author Topic: STRYDOM in 91... better than HANEY?  (Read 9271 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
STRYDOM in 91... better than HANEY?
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »
Look at this madness. He brought his back up, too.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: STRYDOM in 91... better than HANEY?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:02 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »
Standing relaxed its close. Other than that Haney beats him.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »
Standing relaxed its close. Other than that Haney beats him.

do you notice alot of guys with over dominant delts lose their scapular mobility causing them to shrink when they raise their arms?

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »

Mentions his back, but don't post any pics of his back?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
Here's his back at '91 WBF.

I know there is a RLS from that FIBO event but I can't find it right now. It looks better than this pic.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 11:13:36 PM »
Guy with the camera stopped filming just as Gary's back was about to become visible

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 11:14:12 PM »
Haney in '91. Maybe his biggest ever? Wonder how he would have handled Dorian in '92.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 11:28:40 PM »
Till they turned around

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
Haney in '91. Maybe his biggest ever? Wonder how he would have handled Dorian in '92.

I must be difficult as hell trying to find that bad picture of Haney, which undeniably is one of the most esthetic mr Olympias ever. Yes, If we are comparing worst picture of Haney and the best pictures of the Strydom, he at that  moment look better than Haney, just like Honest was commenting, till they turn around. Strydom, the man without lats, will never be better than Haney, who have lats. It really is simple as that. Strydoms main problem was that he loved looking himself at the mirror, and didn't give enough attention to the bodyparts which he didn't see.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 12:48:12 AM »
I don't think that's a bad pic its sick. It's part of the comparison, I'm trying to find Haney at his most impressive. There are some guest posing shots from that period where he looks insanely big, maybe like he would have if he stuck around.

I'm trying to be fair, don't just pick and choose Haney at his perceived "best" like that '88 shot. I saw that one coming; looks like Gary is mid-pose to me.

I want '91 Haney vs '91 Strydom. Coward. Panty. Set it up.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 12:53:29 AM »
Found the Haney pics. Guestposing '91, looks HUGE! Still with that tight waist!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 01:21:25 AM »
Lee's arms could've been bigger. Ronnie's arms looked nearly twice the size as Haney's

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:51 AM »
Not that bad...

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 03:03:31 AM »
Haney much more balanced and flowing physique. Strydoms delts overpowered his chest, even his mm was out of whack. Then from the back  it wasn't even close

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
I don't think that's a bad pic its sick. It's part of the comparison, I'm trying to find Haney at his most impressive. There are some guest posing shots from that period where he looks insanely big, maybe like he would have if he stuck around.

I'm trying to be fair, don't just pick and choose Haney at his perceived "best" like that '88 shot. I saw that one coming; looks like Gary is mid-pose to me.

I want '91 Haney vs '91 Strydom. Coward. Panty. Set it up.

What are you crying about, little child? Don't you know that those two has been on the same stage at the live competition, and they has been rated there by official judges? Haney win, because he were better. It make no sense to try make some "Who will win at the crappy picture contest", that is childish. I know you little fan boys see things differently, but any kind of comparison by the photos is just stupid. They have been in competitions, Haney has win a lot, Strydom has win a little, so Haney was better, no matter how do you see it. In his career Haney never placed outside the top three, while Strydom has some grand prix victories, fifth place at the mr Olympia 1988, which was only mr O where he was competing. Haney has win all what matters in this sport, and Strydom has win some second class shows, where he has been with some second class bodybuilders. This is the truth, no matter if it hurt your feelings or not.  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
Haney much more balanced and flowing physique. Strydoms delts overpowered his chest, even his mm was out of whack. Then from the back  it wasn't even close
sorta,, remember haney had a great chest,his chest overpowered his delts,and strydom had a great chest too..

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »
I must be difficult as hell trying to find that bad picture of Haney, which undeniably is one of the most esthetic mr Olympias ever. Yes, If we are comparing worst picture of Haney and the best pictures of the Strydom, he at that  moment look better than Haney, just like Honest was commenting, till they turn around. Strydom, the man without lats, will never be better than Haney, who have lats. It really is simple as that. Strydoms main problem was that he loved looking himself at the mirror, and didn't give enough attention to the bodyparts which he didn't see.

Haney at about 250 lbs was a man amongst boys during his era

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 08:40:41 AM »
You can't win a Sandow with the piss poor Genovaesque back Strydom had.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 08:49:25 AM »
What are you crying about, little child?

I don't get you, dude. You seem to be taking this far too seriously. I'm just trying to spur some friendly discourse with this "What if..." matchup. Sure, Haney is a fucking legend, and Gary is a only a legend "in his own mind" who only competed twice post-WBF. How is that even up for debate? The point is comparing/contrasting the two of them at their best, which Gary was never even close to during his times on stage with Lee. Then there is the scintillating question of how Lee would have fared if he stuck around in '92 or even later, because he was really hitting his stride there.

I would say Strydom takes Haney on legs, arms and delts.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 12:45:25 PM »
do you notice alot of guys with over dominant delts lose their scapular mobility causing them to shrink when they raise their arms?

Yes
Y

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
I don't get you, dude. You seem to be taking this far too seriously. I'm just trying to spur some friendly discourse with this "What if..." matchup. Sure, Haney is a fucking legend, and Gary is a only a legend "in his own mind" who only competed twice post-WBF. How is that even up for debate? The point is comparing/contrasting the two of them at their best, which Gary was never even close to during his times on stage with Lee. Then there is the scintillating question of how Lee would have fared if he stuck around in '92 or even later, because he was really hitting his stride there.

I would say Strydom takes Haney on legs, arms and delts.

Real issue is that an argument could be made on all bodyparts, but Back is night and day. it was the same with Nasser another guy great from the front and side, you just cant win an Olympia without a back, Strydom and Nasser were Olympia standard in all bodyparts but from the rear they looked like they didn't belong on the same stage.

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »

Haney looked like shit, delts quads n lats way too big for chest and arms,  bodybuilding liek NBA died around 1989

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »
Real issue is that an argument could be made on all bodyparts, but Back is night and day. it was the same with Nasser another guy great from the front and side, you just cant win an Olympia without a back, Strydom and Nasser were Olympia standard in all bodyparts but from the rear they looked like they didn't belong on the same stage.

True, and Strydom was far worse than Nasser was from behind. Of course he beats Haney in ways Nasser didn't best Yates...

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
Till they turned around
Excatly, he looked great from the front, but the back was not at a pro level.