Author Topic: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?  (Read 54424 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Is having a "Dad Bod" really that bad?
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2016, 07:54:10 AM »
???

Someone living a healthy and active lifestyle probably won't be over the 20% mark. Too low has consequences, as well.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »
No, I labelled his body type as being healthy. Then it becomes up to the individual whether or not they drink, do drugs etc......

You are right, Leo probably doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle, but he does have healthy bodyfat stores.

We are going by healthy bodyfat percentages. 15-20% is healthier than 8% all day long. Metabolism works better, therefore you usually get sick less often.

You labelled his body as healthy. Based on an image. Disregarding his playboy lifestyle. But criticise others for focusing on just image.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2016, 07:57:42 AM »
Someone living a healthy and active lifestyle probably won't be over the 20% mark. Too low has consequences, as well.
There is no correlation between bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman and a healthy lifestyle. All of those "extreme" disciplines of lifting have their issues.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2016, 08:03:23 AM »
There is no correlation between bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman and a healthy lifestyle. All of those "extreme" disciplines of lifting have their issues.

Those three things can be done in moderation.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2016, 08:04:47 AM »
You labelled his body as healthy. Based on an image. Disregarding his playboy lifestyle. But criticise others for focusing on just image.
I used his image as an example. I then said it was up to the individual at that point as to whether or not he was leading a healthy life.

I also said that since it was Leo, he probably doesn't lead a healthy lifestyle. All of the pics used were to reference the dad bod body type, in reference to what should be considered a healthy bodyfat range.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2016, 08:05:29 AM »
I say do what you want, and don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2016, 08:08:55 AM »
Not if you want to be considered amongst the best, which brings me back to my point. The elite bodybuilders and fitness competitors/athletes are pushing their bodies to the max, which is often times far less healthy than the industry tries to portray.

The dude with the 17% dad bod is probably healthier in most of those cases.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »
A "dad bod" is within everyones grasps. We can all look like this some day! Why would someone not want to look like this?

X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »
So can booze, not that shizzo would know.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2016, 08:12:57 AM »
We are going by healthy bodyfat percentages. 15-20% is healthier than 8% all day long. Metabolism works better, therefore you usually get sick less often.
Oh Healthy! Healthy! The fat man is gonna tell me what's healthy! Where's your proof in all this? Or is it just you justifying your rationale because you notice so many people are out of shape that's it become the new norm? Take good advice for once and get to the gym before you have to use your very own Kovacs Towel™ to wipe your ass.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2016, 08:16:35 AM »
To be successful one must be selfish.

You see this everywhere...with rich people, doctors, lawyers, stockbrokers, etc. etc. They spend less time with family and more time doing their job.

When you have children, a house, job and responsibilities you spend less time being selfish...the way it should be.

Something always gives.

Example: The hot chic that works the desk at one of my gyms I frequent. Had a baby two weeks ago and is training to go into a fitness contest. I asked her what time she works until. She said 5pm. I then followed up with how long is your training at night. She says roughly two hours. I then asked her when she sees her baby. She responded with...I see my baby.

You see, To be successful one has to be selfish.
Unless you are a twink and take steroids...45 minutes at the gym with no cardio will get the job done.

Understand?

STAY POSITVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
So can booze, not that shizzo would know.
I do. That is why I only pour 1 shot at a time.  ;)

Honestly though, (knock on wood) I couldnt tell you the last time I got sick.

The safety fat is like a blanket of protection.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2016, 08:26:42 AM »
Depp rocking the healthy, dad bod.

all these famous people you are posting in your argument are multi-millionaire celebs who can get any pussy they want as well as get in shape for a role within 3 months through access to the best juice dollars nutrition and time to devote to such

they can afford to be like that and get away with having anything anything they desire.

You, I or anyone else cannot.

HTH

"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2016, 08:29:42 AM »
all these famous people you are posting in your argument are multi-millionaire celebs who can get any pussy they want as well as get in shape for a role within 3 months through access to the best juice dollars nutrition and time to devote to such

they can afford to be like that and get away with having anything anything they desire.

You, I or anyone else cannot.

HTH

I was focusing more on the body composition rather than the person behind it. They were merely examples examples of what a dad bod looks like. Which can still be perfectly healthy.

Batfreak

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
Hips wider than shldrs on this "man".....sad....no muscle tone at all.....
the original

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2016, 08:40:53 AM »
^^^THIS

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2016, 08:42:54 AM »
For the most part, its an excuse to be lazy and not exercise. No shit, that being 2% bodyfat year around is not healthy. I don't think anyone said it was. So, I am not too sure what Shizzo is talking about. He's either trolling or stupid. Probably a mixture of both.

Obviously, being at a respectable bodyfat level and being in good shape, exercising, and eating right is the key to good health.

A dadbod is not.
X

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2016, 08:44:42 AM »
Not if you want to be considered amongst the best, which brings me back to my point. The elite bodybuilders and fitness competitors/athletes are pushing their bodies to the max, which is often times far less healthy than the industry tries to portray.

The dude with the 17% dad bod is probably healthier in most of those cases.

Elite is an unrealistic goal for more than 90% of people.

Everyone can have fitness a part of their life.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2016, 08:49:17 AM »
To be successful one must be selfish.

You see this everywhere...with rich people, doctors, lawyers, stockbrokers, etc. etc. They spend less time with family and more time doing their job.

When you have children, a house, job and responsibilities you spend less time being selfish...the way it should be.

Something always gives.

Example: The hot chic that works the desk at one of my gyms I frequent. Had a baby two weeks ago and is training to go into a fitness contest. I asked her what time she works until. She said 5pm. I then followed up with how long is your training at night. She says roughly two hours. I then asked her when she sees her baby. She responded with...I see my baby.

You see, To be successful one has to be selfish.
Unless you are a twink and take steroids...45 minutes at the gym with no cardio will get the job done.

Understand?

STAY POSITVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats for fighting the urge to mention my name.

HPN....stay stupid as always brah! 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2016, 08:50:16 AM »
For the most part, its an excuse to be lazy and not exercise. No shit, that being 2% bodyfat year around is not healthy. I don't think anyone said it was. So, I am not too sure what Shizzo is talking about. He's either trolling or stupid. Probably a mixture of both.

Obviously, being at a respectable bodyfat level and being in good shape, exercising, and eating right is the key to good health.

A dadbod is not.
What makes having a dad bod unhealthy? I also never said 2%.

Besides, most people can do what you state and still have a dad bod.

Itd called being normal and natural.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2016, 08:51:59 AM »
Not many if any stay at 5 % BF year round.

In fact,wwho would want to expell the energy and committment to do so anyfuckingway.

No excuse to look like shit though.................8-10 % is manageable and the diet needed if you are serous to maintain this condition is a very healthy regimen.

Cardio,clean diet,plenty of water and hard workouts.........the benefits far outweigh the minuses.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
Depends on how much buoyancy concerns you.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »
Not many if any stay at 5 % BF year round.

In fact,wwho would want to expell the energy and committment to do so anyfuckingway.

No excuse to look like shit though.................8-10 % is manageable and the diet needed if you are serous to maintain this condition is a very healthy regimen.

Cardio,clean diet,plenty of water and hard workouts.........the benefits far outweigh the minuses.

Please refrain from talking about training. You are not a person to talk about such things. You are a druggie and a liar. You are a weak person. A complete and utter waste of oxygen. Wegman's called...they want you to stop harassing the cashier for money...you get it. Pusher.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2016, 09:08:38 AM »
Please refrain from talking about training. You are not a person to talk about such things. You are a druggie and a liar. You are a weak person. A complete and utter waste of oxygen. Wegman's called...they want you to stop harassing the cashier for money...you get it. Pusher.
Now that`s more like it fuckface.

Can you post a pic of your magnificent physique?

I thought not......loser!