Author Topic: Former Gov. Gary Johnson Announces Entry Into 2016 Presidential Race  (Read 5831 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
More of a symbolic run.

Former Gov. Gary Johnson Announces Entry Into 2016 Presidential Race
He's presenting himself as an alternative candidate.
01/06/2016
Nadya Agrawal
Editorial Fellow, The Huffington Post  

Mark Wilson/Getty Images

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson announced his candidacy for the 2016 presidential election Wednesday. The two-term Republican governor is running as a Libertarian, as he also did in 2012.

In an interview with Fox Business Network, Johnson declared his intentinos and said the largest issue the country will have to deal with after President Barack Obama's presidency is a "$20 trillion debt." He went on to say the government is too big and "unwieldy."

"It's out of control," Johnson continued.

In 2012, Johnson received 0.99 percent of the popular vote, or a total of 1,275,971 votes, as the Libertarian Party's nominee. Johnson announced his candidacy via Twitter in 2011, first running for the Republican Party's nomination. He later dropped out of the GOP field and garnered the support of the Libertarian Party.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gary-johnson-2016-presidential-race_568d6142e4b0a2b6fb6e51a9

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Former Gov. Gary Johnson Announces Entry Into 2016 Presidential Race
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
if this clown can get his name on the ballots, it is very bad news for the Repub nominee...if he gets even 1-2% of the votes it can make all the difference in the general

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 02:34:15 PM »
if this clown can get his name on the ballots, it is very bad news for the Repub nominee...if he gets even 1-2% of the votes it can make all the difference in the general

He was on in 2012.

I voted for him.

Good for him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »

He got .01 percent last time.  I doubt he improves on those numbers much, but I'd actually vote for him over Hillary, Trump, or Jeb. 

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »
he has /had best platform save ron paul or rand paul

would make excellent president

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »
maybe so but he will never ever be elected, all he will do in reality is possibly hand the election to Hillary Clinton

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Looks like I know who I'm voting for in November. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Looks like I know who I'm voting for in November. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
He got .01 percent last time.  I doubt he improves on those numbers much, but I'd actually vote for him over Hillary, Trump, or Jeb. 

Oh brother, haha.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Johnson sees third-party candidacy as 'opportunity'
By Rebecca Savransky
May 08, 2016

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson said in an interview on Sunday he sees a third-party candidacy as an opportunity, instead of as a threat.

"Well, I think it is a real opportunity. I do think that [Hillary] Clinton and [Donald] Trump are the two most polarizing figures in politics today," Johnson, who is expected to win the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination later this year, said on ABC's "This Week."

"And when 50 percent of Americans now declare themselves as independent, I happen to think that they're libertarian; it's just that they don't know it," he continued.

"Look, fiscally responsible, fiscally conservative, small government and then individual choices — freedom, liberty. Persons should be making choices in their own lives, not the government."

Johnson noted he doesn't think he'd take more votes from Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, than from Clinton, the Democratic front-runner.

"It draws from both sides and — and at the end of the day, 50 percent of Americans say they're independent," he said.

"Well, where's their representation? I think it happens to be libertarian."

Johnson also declined to say if he would support Clinton or Trump if he had to choose.

"You know what? I've been voting libertarian a long time. I read a book in 1971 that, uh, really laid out what it was to be a libertarian. And I have identified myself as a libertarian ever since," he said.

"I'm always believing that there's going to be a libertarian on the ballot."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/279155-johnson-says-he-sees-third-party-candidacy-as-opportunity

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Would rather see a debate between Hillary, Trump and McAfee. That would require some popcorn.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Can somebody please tell this asshole to go away?

We are helping to bring about a liberal Supreme Court which will eventually shit all over our Second Amendment rights and helping to elect a candidate (Hillary) who is opposed to basically everything Us Libertarians stand for.

Boy, what a victory. We really showed them ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If it's Trump vs. Hillary in November, Gary Johnson has my vote. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
If it's Trump vs. Hillary in November, Gary Johnson has my vote. 

And when Hillary appoints a left wing justice early 2017 you can thank your precious little ego for such a worthless, meaningless vote.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
And when Hillary appoints a left wing justice early 2017 you can thank your precious little ego for such a worthless, meaningless vote.

Wait, so I'm voting Gary Johnson because of my "precious little ego"?  You mean it's not because I refuse to vote for a man who isn't very bright, is an extreme narcissist who refuses to take advice, who has the self-control of an elementary school kid, who lacks even basic knowledge about foreign affairs, who is patently dishonest, who bragged in a book about sleeping with another man's woman, who donated money to Hillary and called her a great Secretary of State, and who would be in control of military and nuclear weapons? 

News to me.   

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Wait, so I'm voting Gary Johnson because of my "precious little ego"?  You mean it's not because I refuse to vote for a man who isn't very bright, is an extreme narcissist who refuses to take advice, who has the self-control of an elementary school kid, who lacks even basic knowledge about foreign affairs, who is patently dishonest, who bragged in a book about sleeping with another man's woman, who donated money to Hillary and called her a great Secretary of State, and who would be in control of military and nuclear weapons?  

News to me.  

Hillary is going to nominate a decisively Left wing Justice and Trump won't, all your silly little ridiculous conspiracies aside.

If trump sucks you primary him with Cruz or Ryan in 2020 and take him out but a Supreme Court Selection lasts decades.

You and your temper tantrums will finally hit home come 2017 I can assure you of that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Hillary is going to nominate a decisively Left wing Justice and Trump won't, all your silly little ridiculous  conspiracies aside.

If trump sucks you primary him with Cruz or Ryan in 2020 and take him out but a Supreme Court Selection lasts decades.

You and your temper tantrums will finally hit home come 2017 I can assure you of that.

Temper tantrums?  LOL!  The heck you talking about?  I feel like I'm communicating with one of those CT nuts.  lol

You can put your faith in Trump.  I will not.   

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Temper tantrums?  LOL!  The heck you talking about?  I feel like I'm communicating with one of those CT nuts.  lol

More faith in Trump to nominate a Supreme Court justice than Hillary and I would bet the house on that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
More faith in Trump to nominate a Supreme Court justice than Hillary and I would bet the house on that.

Fine.  Bet the house.  And if you "win," watch the country crash and burn.  We are screwed either way.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Fine.  Bet the house.  And if you "win," watch the country crash and burn.  We are screwed either way.   

correct.  Repubs dancing like they just won the lottery.  Yall just picked a lifetime liberal and clinton bed-buddy to run against hilary.  Great. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

Oh my god Dos yet another CTer....you're getting pretty paranoid these days of people with other opinions. Take a deep breath.

Poly, welcome to the club. Haha..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Oh my god Dos yet another CTer....you're getting pretty paranoid these days of people with other opinions. Take a deep breath.

I didn't call him a CT nut.  I don't think he's a 9/11 Troofer.  You crazies are in a special class of stupid all by yourself. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Thanks bro.

We have til November to talk these guys off the ledge. 8)

Formerly #nevertrump guy Ben Shapiro wrote a good article yesterday stating how he was 100% against Trump and how much he despises parts of his campaign style but how he could also possibly be swayed to hold his nose and pull the lever for Trump because...well....Hillar y.

I am confident that that one word alone will be enough to eventually snap some of these guys back into reality.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I didn't call him a CT nut.  I don't think he's a 9/11 Troofer.  You crazies are in a special class of stupid all by yourself. 

the republican nominee is a 911 Cter truther.   doesn't that drive ya nuts? 

spend ten years dissing them, and now he's taking over.