Author Topic: Leg definition  (Read 1524 times)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Leg definition
« on: March 09, 2006, 06:02:05 PM »
what's the best way to get your legs more defined? for the next few months i'm going to train for fatloss.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Leg definition
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 06:10:42 PM »
any leg excersise for high reps...like 30-50...i found that did it for me...supersets,drop sets...especially leg extensions and lunges.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 07:11:38 PM »
what's the best way to get your legs more defined? for the next few months i'm going to train for fatloss.
Once your bf% drops you will begin to see more definition in your quads…since you are trying to lose some weight and are concerned with leg development I would recommend staying away from high-intensity cardio. This type of cardio is great for fat-loss in general, but it can have a negative effect on your leg development since the same fibers that are worked in leg training will be hit hard and often while doing cardio, in short causing your leg size to shrink more then it has to.

Lunges are going to be your best friend at this time since they really help bring out the separation between the quads and hams.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »
Well since I do no cardio i won't have that problem. my routine is all circuit training now. today i did legs with shoulders. I'd do a set of legs and then a set of shoulders. this goes non stop for like a half hour. i was sweating so much it was all in my eyes. so lunges are good... leg extensions... what else?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:58:32 PM »
Fat loss is a given, has to be part of the equation.

The best for cuts, a lot better than extensions IMO, is hack machine squats. Don't lock out at the top and don't go all the way to the bottom.

Running a mile or more, or climbing stairs.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:02:51 PM »
Well since I do no cardio i won't have that problem. my routine is all circuit training now. today i did legs with shoulders. I'd do a set of legs and then a set of shoulders. this goes non stop for like a half hour. i was sweating so much it was all in my eyes. so lunges are good... leg extensions... what else?
I would recommend that you start doing at least some cardio, if for nothing else a healthy heart. Since you want to see definition in your legs, again lower bf is the key, and cardio is one of the important parts of the equation to accomplish and reach the proper level of conditioning if you want to see good detail in any given body part.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 10:06:37 PM »
circuit training is cardio. it increases your heartrate. last time i tried to lose fat i did cardio and i lost 14 pounds. half of it was muslce. cardio is anything that makes your heart go faster.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »
i'll start on the hacks

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 06:53:29 PM »
Leg extensions, but pretty much any exercise.  The main factor is BF levels as previously mentioned.