Author Topic: Yelling!  (Read 7626 times)

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
Re: Yelling!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2006, 12:42:21 AM »
Yes because grunting and sniveling is an important part of a Hardcore Workout.
Mo-rawn.
young niggah greedy

tipdog

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2006, 03:52:26 AM »
I couldn't finishes watching Dorian Yates' video Blood and Guts with the sound on.  I had to turn off the sound because his training partner was absolutely rediculous with his "motivational" screaming. 

tipdog

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 03:54:41 AM »
Oops, "finish" would have been the correct word in the above post.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 07:10:40 AM »
Ya, that yelling stuff is terrible.. ::) Why can't they just be noiseless?  ???

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 07:16:23 AM »
Ya, that yelling stuff is terrible.. ::) Why can't they just be noiseless?  ???

Because they're hardcore, just like you, hahahahahahahahahahaha, oh brother, hahahahahahahahahaha. Pathetic.
young niggah greedy

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
Monster Triceps, another sarcasm account. How many does that make, 5 accounts talking to one another?

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 05:33:03 PM »
Sorry Ledd, would you mind rephasing your post again. I'm trying to reconfig a older Linux system and mental numbness (normal for me) has set in. Would that be apples and oranges?  I regret that I'm missing your point.

Speaking of fruit, God speed to you Pumpster and your pursuit of emotional balance and inner happiness. Good Luck.

No, I think the phrase is "apples to oranges", its used when comparing two things which are different.  I was just saying that strength and physical build are seemingly not so different between male and female bbers and plers.

I was speaking in reference to what you said about women pro's training and working more quietly than many men.  It was a sarcastic joke about the size and vascularity of MANY female pros, not meant to offend anyone, and now has lost all humor even to me, the owner of the statement, since I have had to dryly explain myself.

By the way what is this ongoing battle between you and pumpster?  Seems like every thread I read which you two have posted on you guys are attacking one another.  Both you guys are apparently lifting guru's, why not respectfully disagree?  Oh well, makes for interesting reading.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2006, 07:30:20 PM »
Ledd: apples to oranges or apples and oranges, I am not sure of the correct wordage.. Any way the point is well taken. I do understand the reference of the phrase. Two different elements can not be judged on  the same scale.

I tried some veiled dry humor and/or tongue in cheek when I first started posting here but it is usually lost in the meaning. Too bad for me. Probably 90% of the people who come to this site and read the post do not, or never will, post themselves. Just like on talk radio, 95% of the people who listen never call in. Sarcastic wit is also lost here. I understood the reference to the gender bender nature of some of the extreme women BB'ers. I can understand your desire to inject a little humor  but most people take humor the wrong way on this site. This can be a lost cause. People tend to get confused and defensive very easily if things are not presented in a easy to understand manner or do not agree with their ideas or what they read in the T&A muscle mags. People in the other sections at GetBig seem to be looser and have more fun posting.....most of the time.

Please read any past post of mine to see where I stand on lifting.   I am not by any means a "lifting Guru" just a very lucky person who has remained in the field of training and the progress of different athletes. I'm also learning new theory's and methods of working out all the time, always room to absorb new ideas. As far as a battle goes, there is no battle I have already won the war. Good Luck.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:26 AM »
I scream BEEFCAKE on every set.

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 04:54:49 PM »
Look fuck all of you pussies

Some people train at the edge personally I only do when I am heavy in a cycle but when this is going on and I get beat red huffing and puffing for air and leaning on equipment for support after sets I get dirty looks from people who are like why don't you lift less and breath

Fuck you fitness pussies

As far as the guys who are screaming there idiots to

I have no lungs when I am really training the grunting is gasps for air

I deserve my air

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 11:38:36 AM »
I tore my pec muscle off and screamed like a lil girl
RIP Bob Probert

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 11:53:16 AM »
I saw a saggy old dude in the locker room with toilet paper hanging out of his ass and i think i screamed before i started throwing up uncontrollably :o

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »
I saw a saggy old dude in the locker room with toilet paper hanging out of his ass and i think i screamed before i started throwing up uncontrollably :o

You gotta help the man out..  Just sneak up and pull it off..

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »
uuuuugh, i shouldn't have even said anything.  Just remembering that sight is making me sick again

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »
That's one nice thing about working out at home alone, I can grunt, scream, not wipe down the equipment and no one asks me to "work in."

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2006, 02:45:47 PM »
Ive heard occasional moans or a some grunts.  I do sometimes on some lifts but only  a few people close by may barely hear.  The screaming and loudness funny thing comes from a few guys that are skinny and think they are lifting hard. Same guys that try to walk around like they have lats, I think weve all seen this one.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 05:48:57 AM »
The problem i have with people who feel the need to yell is twofold. One most people who yell are yelling with either little weights or doing something like overhead cable pressdowns (or working with useless weighted balls) and it makes no sense.

Two the people who yell fall in one of two catagories, skinny and small and annoying (this is the group that shadow boxes between sets or tries out there latest dance moves) or the over fat wannabee bodybuilders/powerlifters, who really need to just buy the medium shirt to stretch over there XXL frame that lights up and says "please look at me i spend all day in the gym and my daddy never loved me."

I have no problem if you hit a personal best max lift and want to either force out the last rep or two or are working with a buddy who is doing the same but if you are shouting and yelling at the first rep you need to take a look at why you feel you need the attention (this goes with my problem of people who feel the need to clank the shit out of weights as they load the bar/machine).

i lift what i would consider heavy weights and i tip the scales at 288 lbs and tho i am a old marine asshole with a reckless temper outside the gym i am very nice and polite and respectfull that its not my personal gym and try not to make a jerk of myself around other people using the gym.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »
I think its kinda rude too.  When I hear a guy do that and lifting crap for weight i just give him a look that says why the hell do you need to scream