Author Topic: ND (or others), what year is this Yates picture from? best back of all time!  (Read 25806 times)

suckmymuscle

yup, that and all the water.. :-*

Seriously though, Yates has TONS of muscle on his  upper back, but its not really "lumpy" like Ronnie, Flex or others.  In other words, it is super thick, but lacks the depth between the muscle groups.  This hurts him onstage since the lighting does not take kindly to these sorts of contours.

HOLDING WATER?! HOLDING WATER?! Bitch! ::) Now THAT was the stupidest thing said EVER, since the down of Human history! Seriously, girl, remove Ronnie's dick from your throat for a few minutes, so that some oxygen can reach your brain. YOU CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAZY, GIRL! You just said that The Yates, the densest and dryest bodybuilder !EVER! is holding water. :o :-\ I actually feel ashamed for you. :-[

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Again Hulkster the Highhjacker lol he sees someone who thinks Yates has the best back and sure enough he has to defend his hero , again I'm staying out of this , people have had enough .

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Again Hulkster the Highhjacker lol he sees someone who thinks Yates has the best back and sure enough he has to defend his hero , again I'm staying out of this , people have had enough .

and you don't want to get embarrassed again! :-*
Flower Boy Ran Away

ether

• Getbig IV
Am I the only one who thinks Nasser looks 'better' than Yates in that pic???

Nope, he had him beat for at least one olympia.

He raped him from the front everytime.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Am I the only one who thinks Nasser looks 'better' than Yates in that pic???

Nope, he had him beat for at least one olympia.

He raped him from the front everytime.

I think Nasser's upper back is a little soft compared to Yates, but Nasser takes him in the lower body (hell, his calves are on par with Yates!)

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me

actually, most of the Ronnie pics posted were in response to the "ronnie wasn't striated in 1999".

I am merely pointing out that nothing could be farther from the truth.

But, if you want to call it hijacking, be my guest.

but I call it "correcting misinformation".

Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Nasser looks like he had more delt and arm size in that back double biceps, maybe even a little advantage in lat width, but he didn't have quite the sharpness of Yates.

Heatmiser

• Getbig II
Gotta wonder what this man's back would have looked like had he trained and competed in the modern era - Hard to believe the man looked like THIS in the 60s and 70s -  Sergio on modern drugs, suppliments, cutting techniques, etc. would have been a force to be reckoned with.

suckmymuscle

Gotta wonder what this man's back would have looked like had he trained and competed in the modern era - Hard to believe the man looked like THIS in the 60s and 70s -  Sergio on modern drugs, suppliments, cutting techniques would have been a force to be reckoned with.

Sergio Oliva:most genetically gifted bodybuilder EVER.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
sergio had the longest muscle bellies ive ever seen
R

suckmymuscle

Replace the word "hero" with "pimp", and we'll agree. ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
On conditioning and density, Yates over almost anyone past or present. Overall, Ron's way ahead, but on this issue..

Zeratul-Dark Templar

• Getbig II
I don't know about the bumps in the back, but the difference between Yates and Coleman is Yates is drier with lats that insert near his posterior iliac crest (down to his ass basically). 

The latissimus dorsi insertion is the floor of the intertuberculuar sulcus of the humerus.

suckmymuscle

On conditioning and density, Yates over almost anyone past or present. Overall, Ron's way ahead, but on this issue..

Funny how despite being "way ahead", he still got raped in the pooper, by Yates, every time they had a showdown. I would loooooooooooove to see a contest between the 93 O Dorian and today's Ronnie. Seriously. The ONLY year that the case for a Ronnie victory could be made would be for his 2003 form. But even then, Dorian had such a better overall package that I think he would still win, anyway.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GMCtrk

I think it's funny, everyone talks about how ronnie 2003 trounces Dorian '93, people who know what they are talking about can clearly see Dorian's far superior proportion. Not to mention his superior conditioning. How much have Ronnie weighed in 2003 with Dorian's 93 conditioning?

suckmymuscle

I think it's funny, everyone talks about how ronnie 2003 trounces Dorian '93, people who know what they are talking about can clearly see Dorian's far superior proportion. Not to mention his superior conditioning. How much have Ronnie weighed in 2003 with Dorian's 93 conditioning?

Well, Ronnie circa 2003 was 287 lbs, at something like 5 or 6% bodyfat. His dryness was ok, but not off the charts, like Dorian's at ALL his contests-of course, at the 2004 O, Ronnie looked TERRIBLE. The 93 O Dorian was 257 lbs, at 2% bodyfat and as dry as the Death Valley. He looked better. His proportions were also better. Of course, you could argue that:"Yeah, but Ron surpassed him by 30 lbs.". When you take into account bodyfat and water weight, though, the difference goes down to 15 lbs or so.

Funnily, at the 97 O-which I attended-, Dorian was 270+ lbs by the night show, yet he still maintained his trademarked 2% bodyfat and freakish dryness. In other words, even when it comes to sheer size, the 97 O Dorian trumps the 2005 O Ronnie. Coleman has just been raped. For the gazzilionth time. :o ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GMCtrk

I'm watching the '91 Olympia right now. FUCK dorian looked awesome. Haney was gifted this win in '91 in my opinion after watching the tape, even the announcer says "he's like Haney, but with better legs." His back was also better, harder and drier. It is true, Mr. Olympia stays Mr. Olympia until he retires

suckmymuscle

I'm watching the '91 Olympia right now. f**k dorian looked awesome. Haney was gifted this win in '91 in my opinion after watching the tape, even the announcer says "he's like Haney, but with better legs." His back was also better, harder and drier. It is true, Mr. Olympia stays Mr. Olympia until he retires

Yep! If you win it twice, only death or retirement will stop you from keeping on winning.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GMCtrk

Well, Ronnie circa 2003 was 287 lbs, at something like 5 or 6% bodyfat. His dryness was ok, but not off the charts, like Dorian's at ALL his contests-of course, at the 2004 O, Ronnie looked TERRIBLE. The 93 O Dorian was 257 lbs, at 2% bodyfat and as dry as the Death Valley. He looked better. His proportions were also better. Of course, you could argue that:"Yeah, but Ron surpassed him by 30 lbs.". When you take into account bodyfat and water weight, though, the difference goes down to 15 lbs or so.

Funnily, at the 97 O-which I attended-, Dorian was 270+ lbs by the night show, yet he still maintained his trademarked 2% bodyfat and freakish dryness. In other words, even when it comes to sheer size, the 97 O Dorian trumps the 2005 O Ronnie. Coleman has just been raped. For the gazzilionth time. :o ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

That must have been great to see the Shadow live. Since many regard 97 as one of Yates worst years (behind 94), just how did he look in person?

suckmymuscle

That must have been great to see the Shadow live. Since many regard 97 as one of Yates worst years (behind 94), just how did he look in person?

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!! By the night show, he was 274 lbs. As I said on another thread a long time ago, while discussing this very topic(quoting myself):

"I've been to some three hundred bodybuilding contests, both at the amateur and pro levels and I've never seen anything that looked like The Yates. I was both at the 96 O in Chicago and the 97 O in Long Beach, and they were my most memorable bodybuilding contests experiences. I remember that, when Dorian entered the stage at the 97 O, I said to myself:'What the f**k is THAT and what are those things trying to crawl from under his skin?!' Yates looked like a Human anatomy chart come to life, only drier, much drier. There's no possible way to describe it, really. I was also at the 2001 and 2003 Os, and Ronnie never impressed me that much. Humongous, yes, but not really that off-this-worldly. There were also other guys who were just as big as Ron, like Jean-Pierre Fux, Aaron Baker, Paul Dillet, Roland Kickinger and Nasser and they never impressed me as well. To me, Ronnie's best for was at the 99 O, when he had as much striations, details, separation and dryness as in 98, but with 10 lbs more lean mass. Ronnie never looked that good again."

SUCKMYMUSCLE

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Bullshit GMC, I was in the front row at the 1991 Mr. Olympia (it was in Orlando in Lake Buena Vista).  Dorian did not rape Haney, you are insane.  Haney was bigger, tighter with a smaller waist, and had symmetry that absolutely blew Yates away.  Every bodybuilder in the audience who was not slanted to the "anybody but Haney" attitude agreed he won.  Have you ever been to a show.  In 3D, it is a hell of a lot different than 2D on the magazine pics.  Sucky, you persist in stating Yates was 2% BF at 270; that is physiologically impossible.  Essentially, you are full of shit.  Ask Ether, there is more fat present than the purpurted 5.4 lbs that Yates carried around the vital organs.  Do you believe that if Peter McGough said the Earth was flat it is the "truth."  ::)  Yates was huge and probably the driest BB ever.  However, to say he was bigger and better  ::) than Coleman 2003 (whom Flex Magazine, MD, and many a pro bodybuilder said is the sickest condition anybody has ever brought to the stage) is laughable. 

BTW, you guys talk about little guys getting screwed, before he died from diuretic abuse, MoMo Benaziza (spelling?) beat Yates at the Night of Champions.  He could have been the first short Mr. Olympia. after Franco.

pumpster

• Getbig V
I was also at the 2001 and 2003 Os, and Ronnie never impressed me that much. Humongous, yes, but not really that off-this-worldly. There were also other guys who were just as big as Ron, like Jean-Pierre Fux, Aaron Baker, Paul Dillet, Roland Kickinger and Nasser and they never impressed me as well.

Not off this world? Your taste is clearly biased towards Yates; others don't share your indifference against Coleman, Dillet or Nasser.

suckmymuscle

Bullshit GMC, I was in the front row at the 1991 Mr. Olympia (it was in Orlando in Lake Buena Vista).  Dorian did not rape Haney, you are insane.  Haney was bigger, tighter with a smaller waist, and had symmetry that absolutely blew Yates away.  Every bodybuilder in the audience who was not slanted to the "anybody but Haney" attitude agreed he won.  Have you ever been to a show.  In 3D, it is a hell of a lot different than 2D on the magazine pics.  Sucky, you persist in stating Yates was 2% BF at 270; that is physiologically impossible.  Essentially, you are full of shit.  Ask Ether, there is more fat present than the purpurted 5.4 lbs that Yates carried around the vital organs.  Do you believe that if Peter McGough said the Earth was flat it is the "truth."  ::)  Yates was huge and probably the driest BB ever.  However, to say he was bigger and better  ::) than Coleman 2003 (whom Flex Magazine, MD, and many a pro bodybuilder said is the sickest condition anybody has ever brought to the stage) is laughable. 

BTW, you guys talk about little guys getting screwed, before he died from diuretic abuse, MoMo Benaziza (spelling?) beat Yates at the Night of Champions.  He could have been the first short Mr. Olympia. after Franco.

Your post clearly demonstrates how pathetic the state of medical schools are nowadays. So you can't get down to 2% bodyfat, bitch? Then how is that Michael Jordan carried 3% bodyfat throughout his entire career, and !gasp! played basketball with it? Myself, I've taken my bodyfat down to 4.5%-measured by hydrostatic weighing-and I'm no pro bodybuilder. Just because you're some fat doctor, who probably gorges on pork rinds and cheap beer and has more cellulite on your chest than Sally Struders has on her ass, doesen't mean that everyone else is too.

As for Ronnie's physique, well, I don't like it. Get it? I think a man of his height and bone structure should compete around 250 lbs; even his 270 lbs package is ugly-as is Yates'. At 280+ lbs, Coleman seems like he's pregnant with an alien queen and has thighs that overpowers his upper body, besides a shoulder-traps complex that makes his chest look flat and small. Yeah, his 2005 270+ package is not as bad, but he is still clearly losing in detail, separations and striations, at that bodyweight. Again, his best form ever was his 99 O form, when he was 250 lbs. This is my opinion and if you don't like it, then go fuck yourself.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

Not off this world? Your taste is clearly biased towards Yates; others don't share your indifference against Coleman, Dillet or Nasser.

Shut the f**k up, you faggo t. Pump my milk with your rectal muscles, pumpster.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Funny how despite being "way ahead", he still got raped in the pooper, by Yates, every time they had a showdown

no, its not funny, since Ronnie had not reached his peak yet:

here is Dorian, in great shape winning the 1992 Olympia, and he looks like shit.

Why? because his arms and chest SUCK. Not to mention his quads. Overrated as you can get.

just goes to show you that not only the 2003 Ronnie would destroy yates, but also the 2001 versions as well (at the AC).

Dorian could NEVER stand next to this and come away the winner. And this is not even showing the back!

Sure, Dorian killed Ronnie when Ronnie was pre-peak form.  But that sure wouldn't have happened later on.

Flower Boy Ran Away