Author Topic: the best supplement company  (Read 11115 times)

lubo

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: the best supplement company
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 01:44:03 AM »
Hi all,-

What do you think about MAX MUSCLE supplements?

Lovetopull

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 03:38:46 AM »
Beverly International
Vyotech
Solar, TwinLab, Solaray

These companies alll practice GMP, which is a better source for information. Which is better is USPS, which is a government pratices for making products. Beverly makes the best protein hands down, it is a medical fact, so no debates there. Solgar, TwinLab, Solary all have GMP. Vyotech, smart products. Cytodyne makes good ZMA, but the rest of the line is crap.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 10:03:51 AM »

Beverly makes the best protein hands down, it is a medical fact, so no debates there. Solgar, TwinLab, Solary all have GMP. Vyotech, smart products. Cytodyne makes good ZMA, but the rest of the line is crap.

I respectfully disagree, though I do think it is one of the better ones :)
Jennifer

mombasa3

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 02:06:27 PM »
I respectfully disagree, though I do think it is one of the better ones

Beast,   I checked mine and sure enough there is whey-Micellar Casein.  Which proteins in YOUR opinion do you use/prefer.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »

I'd go with Beverly's protein or Pride Nutritions 'RESPECT' protein...try their vanilla! Taste as good as musclmilk with less fats, sugar, and better quality whey isolate with added digestive enzymes.
?

mombasa3

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 07:07:09 AM »
   Muscle Milk, the holy grail in my kids opinion.  He complains about the "taste" of every protein out there.  I remember about 30 years ago I was trying to drink that Weider crap I bought at a sporting goods store that sold basketballs, firearms and fishing bait(No kidding).  It would not ever stir with a spoon. But I drank it anyway.  I will definitely give Pride a try. 
   With some of the cheaper proteins I do find myself running to the bathroom alot.  That is why I really like the Universals Real Gains.  I know with so many of us out there, we all have our favorites.  However, I am always willing to try something new.  As long as it keeps me away from the bait shop and out of the bathroom.
    Beast, if you are out there, please add your opinion as to which brand you prefer and why.  I did enjoy reading your earlier comments.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 09:35:30 AM »
Instone Nutrition... ;D

Seriously, for me (at least for what we can get here in Brazil) i would say Optimun Nutrition...the rest its so overpriced you have to be rich to even test it!!!
!

Bast175

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 10:32:57 AM »
Whey protein (i use isopure), efa's, multivitamin and calcium is all you need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you people use way too many supplements.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »
The best supplement company out there is your neighborhood grocery store.Amazing what good natural food will do for a body!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »
   Muscle Milk, the holy grail in my kids opinion.  He complains about the "taste" of every protein out there.  I remember about 30 years ago I was trying to drink that Weider crap I bought at a sporting goods store that sold basketballs, firearms and fishing bait(No kidding).  It would not ever stir with a spoon. But I drank it anyway.  I will definitely give Pride a try. 
   With some of the cheaper proteins I do find myself running to the bathroom a lot.  That is why I really like the Universals Real Gains.  I know with so many of us out there, we all have our favorites.  However, I am always willing to try something new.  As long as it keeps me away from the bait shop and out of the bathroom.
    Beast, if you are out there, please add your opinion as to which brand you prefer and why.  I did enjoy reading your earlier comments.
Hey there, yes I am here-sorry it took me awhile though! 

Last year I had many stomach problems...it was hard for me to share an office and my boyfriend was embarrassed to go places with me.  My stomach hurt almost all the time-I was training for my first show and it the first time I had ever supplemented with whey.  Like everyone else I thought they were basically all the same and bought some cheap stuff off the internet.  It's strange because I didn't know what to attribute my stomach problems with until I started talking with the owners of Pride Nutrition at an expo.  I told them about my problems and they said it was most likely due to the whey concentrate which is harder for your body to digest (but much cheaper)...they talked me into trying out there products and I have never regretted it.

In almost everything I do I want to be very educated and try and do extensive research.  I didn't just want to take these guys word for what they said, I looked up the ingredients and asked questions.  Now a year later I travel with them to shows.  I don't work for the company but I believe in their products quality and think they have a special company that cares more about the customer and less about huge profits.  The other day I was in a bind and bought a Muscle Milk...like 10 minutes later my stomach started cramping and I had some issues...

It's strange because people just think that having gas is normal if you are a bber but it isn't-it is from the cheap crap we supplement with.  Most of you would never by Grade D eggs because who knows what you'll get even though it cheaper, so why do we choose supplement companies based on price as opposed to quality?  Most people are like I was, uninformed. 

I also believe Beverly has a decent product and there are other good ones but I have never seen any product's ingredients match up to Pride Nutrition's-and that goes for their whole line.  PM me if you do want to order from them and I can hook you up with a discount.
Jennifer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »

"(since we were voted top manufacturer for a number of years running), "

By who?

We were voted top supplement manufacturer of the year by a number of sources.
Nutrition Outlook immediately comes to mind 'cause I have the pdf of that one.

http://www.jaguarenterprises.org/moy2002.pdf
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »
It's strange because people just think that having gas is normal if you are a bber but it isn't-it is from the cheap crap we supplement with.  Most of you would never by Grade D eggs because who knows what you'll get even though it cheaper, so why do we choose supplement companies based on price as opposed to quality?  Most people are like I was, uninformed. 

I'm in complete agreement with you Beast. Most people are uninformed, or worse...  misinformed.

I used to think extreme flatulence was a normal thing after consuming protein powders, because just about every protein powder I tried gave me gas. So I just simply refused to use protein powder, ...until I found Synergy's Maximum Protein.

I also used to be blasé about supplements thinking they were all the same. It was only after I used the Synergy supplements that I really noticed the difference. I've seen many people balk at the price, ...but once they tried it, come off it, and tried to resume their previous supps, I'd say a 90% of the time, they can't get back onto Synergy products fast enough.
w

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »
 ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2006, 09:14:34 PM »
My top five(and the orders varies, based on the supplements themselves):

1. MuscleTech
2. EAS
3. Prolab
4. Optimum Nutrition
5. Nature's Best

I think it was who you thought was the best not worse.  Everyone knows Muscletech sucks and is just a bunch of hype and sugar.  But I do admit they have the best marketing of any company.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2006, 06:36:54 AM »
I think it was who you thought was the best not worse.  Everyone knows Muscletech sucks and is just a bunch of hype and sugar.  But I do admit they have the best marketing of any company.

Exactly how do you think they get the money for all of this advertising?

"Everyone knows....." alright!!  ::)

dinsf2004

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 11:10:36 AM »
CytoSport (gotta love muscle milk)
MHP (Trac, Anadrox, T-Bomb)
BSN (NO Xplode)
Optimum Nutrition (great quality and value in protein)
Crimson Labs (best quality generic protein)http://www.performancenutrition.com/Shopping/product.asp?catalog_name=Performance&category_name=&product_id=CLEIW
Megapro (can't lift without my Vasopro ephedrine)

bigjay80

• Getbig II
  • Street Muscle
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »
Wow no love for MHP. I love trac it rocks.
I agree.... the only company that if you buy directly from them they will refund your money if you are not satisfied...no questions asked..  I met Gerard at the Arnold, and he really stands behind his products and sounds like he loves what he does.  I also like Beverly, they have some of the "cleanest" products out there, not too much crap.  The worst 3:
Muscletech
BSN (Bull Sh*t Nutrition)
EAS

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2006, 08:19:43 PM »
Huh??
EAS has alot of quality behind it's product.
Syntrax produces very strong products.

Also along with Beverly, Pride and EAS, I have to add SAN.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2006, 05:34:12 PM »
I think the stuff I carry is the best because its the same if not better than all the other stuff out there but less money because there's no advertising bullshit behind it.  My store is a throwback to the 70's where there was those Liver Tablets, Amino Acids, Brewer's Yeast, Milk & Egg Protein, and Weight Gainer.  The stuff that'll put hair on your chest and meat on your bones.  Not only that, with my Vet Supplies your pets can also join in on the fun
A