Author Topic: Body dysmorphia. Oh brother.  (Read 12640 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Body dysmorphia. Oh brother.
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 01:37:36 PM »
It's a real thing. They see a different body in the mirror.

Simplest example I can use is Bulimia. You could think a woman hot as two motherfuckers. She looks in the mirror and sees is a fat fuck that needs to diet and exercise more.
Or bodybuilders/ those into fitness. One case on here. Cherry (Mike Arvilla's ex) had a look that was just perfect. And then she went overboard. She then got defensive and  in a nutshell said that "we" don't determine what is good or not.

Also, we see male bodybuilders all the time that say that they need to get bigger to be better, and when they do, they LLS.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
He sucks at swimming.

And not much better at cardio.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2016, 01:55:53 PM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »

Wider than Heath.

Good hamstring separation.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
I do this and then send a pic to AJ.  :D

This was one I first sent to him this summer. 

Why are you showing photos of your cock?  Oh wait, that's an arm.  Carry on......

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »

And not much better at cardio.

True, Cal.

True,

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 06:08:06 AM »

No, never. Not even with the blue pills.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 07:49:48 AM »
No, never. Not even with the blue pills.

You don't like seeing all her bones?!

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »

It boggles my mind she is still alive...
©

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
This is just another way of excusing fat people from their unhealthy life choices.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
Great dismorphic before after pic.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 10:16:07 AM »
This is just another way of excusing fat people from their unhealthy life choices.

Indeed. Their lack of willpower disgusts me.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2016, 10:54:50 AM »
I can tell you this, ridiculing and shaming someone will most likely not result in motivation for them to lose weight. On the hand, enabling and lying to them will also not provide them with motivation to lose weight. There has to be a middle-ground between the two. Granted, people have every right to make fun of them (freedom of speech, blah, blah, blah). But from a motivational perspective, it rarely works.

Think of anxiety and performance. Research shows that there needs to be an optimal level of anxiety for peak performance. Too much anxiety, and your performance suffers. Too little anxiety, and your performance suffers. Think of bell curve (that meaty portion in the middle is the optimal performance of anxiety; too far right or left, and performance suffers).

I think the same thing would apply for people losing weight. Too much shame and humiliation won't work; too much enabling and lying won't work. You need to provide them with something in the middle.
X

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »
Nothing wrong with people trying to look and feel their best.

The thing hat kills me is the people who look like utter shit, and think they are Arnold (Genova, Blaha, etc).

Body delusiona...

Genova has a legitimate brain retardation so he's in alittle bit more or a harder place than people like blaha.. Then again.. Brain retardation can effect in maaany different ways.. Blaha just happens to have a tight grasp to his language cells lol

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2016, 11:28:59 AM »
Great dismorphic before after pic.

Yet she's still enabled and treated like a princess. People online even pretend her obesity is caused by PCOS, LOL!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »

So disgusting!
Her ass is dented inwards. Looks to have a nice peach pussy though!
The bad of bones standing has a pretty face, weird it's not thinner.

?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 12:11:12 PM »
I can tell you this, ridiculing and shaming someone will most likely not result in motivation for them to lose weight. On the hand, enabling and lying to them will also not provide them with motivation to lose weight. There has to be a middle-ground between the two. Granted, people have every right to make fun of them (freedom of speech, blah, blah, blah). But from a motivational perspective, it rarely works.

Think of anxiety and performance. Research shows that there needs to be an optimal level of anxiety for peak performance. Too much anxiety, and your performance suffers. Too little anxiety, and your performance suffers. Think of bell curve (that meaty portion in the middle is the optimal performance of anxiety; too far right or left, and performance suffers).

I think the same thing would apply for people losing weight. Too much shame and humiliation won't work; too much enabling and lying won't work. You need to provide them with something in the middle.

I think different people find motivation in different scenarios. I remember when I first started going to a gym when I was 18. I was in awe of the big guys there. No homo. Far from demotivating me, they became what I was striving for. Now, those same guys are "lunks" and are kicked out of a gym because somebody might feel bad about how they look. Frankly, people today are fucking homos and need a good reality check. No, eating like shit and doing a few curls wont make you look good. No, sweat and pain actually IS a requirement.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2016, 12:12:45 PM »
You're done!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 12:20:10 PM »
I think different people find motivation in different scenarios. I remember when I first started going to a gym when I was 18. I was in awe of the big guys there. No homo. Far from demotivating me, they became what I was striving for. Now, those same guys are "lunks" and are kicked out of a gym because somebody might feel bad about how they look. Frankly, people today are fucking homos and need a good reality check. No, eating like shit and doing a few curls wont make you look good. No, sweat and pain actually IS a requirement.

Well, of course, different people need different types of motivation. However, we have overwhelming evidence that the MAJORITY (not ALL) of people do not respond well to humiliation and shame. When attempting to change someone's behavior regarding performance, there is strong evidence that  specific key factors are fundamental to change. They are usually not shame and/or humiliation. Yes, people do find motivation in different scenarios, but its usually not a scenario that involves degradation and humiliation. This may lead to short-term change, but it will hardly lead to long-term change. Its the same thing with drug addicts. Humiliation and shaming them won't lead them to change. If it was that easy, people would be able to kick their habit just by a little humiliation. Behavior change is EXTREMELY complex and I am reluctant to agree on any level that shaming/humiliating someone is the way to go. On the other, as I stated previously, enabling and lying to them, won't change their behavior either. A middle-ground approach between the two extreme poles (humiliation/shaming and enabling/lying) is usually what works. But, of course, it varies from person-to-person. My thoughts are regarding the majority of people, not ALL people.
X

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2016, 12:25:02 PM »

Are you implying you should feed them then ridicule them?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2016, 12:27:25 PM »
Are you implying you should feed them then ridicule them?

I guess you missed the part about "enabling and lying" to them.

Getbigger see what they want to see.  :D :D
X

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:09 AM »
Yet she's still enabled and treated like a princess. People online even pretend her obesity is caused by PCOS, LOL!

Her condition sure didn't help, but nobody gets fat without excess eating.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2016, 09:25:17 AM »
I am not after bigger muscles, just better quality muscles  ;D
V

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »
Her condition sure didn't help, but nobody gets fat without excess eating.

Her condition is caused by obesity.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »
I love to be jacked, simple as that. Have been in top shape for the last 10+ years, only better thing is sex with a hot bitch. And that's if Im in the mood for it, otherwise it's best thing in the world. I think I could become one of these FB "fitness stars" if I wanted, but I find it ridiculously time consuming to take all these pics in perfect angles, filter them, upload every day, I have better stuff to do.