Author Topic: This continuous rat-race: The Omnipotent skylord dogs are inferior meltdown  (Read 58598 times)

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
Re: This continuous rat-race.
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2016, 07:04:26 AM »
getbig translation -

1.You hook up with a hot babe ( or more likely , a Mike O'Hearn type  ;)
2.You get busy with her ( likely him  :D) and blow your load.
3.You feel good and post about it on getbig
Then, the cycle ( 1-3 ) repeats for all  eternity

LOL!
no!
©

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2016, 07:33:19 AM »
Make a shitload of money at least it will make life more fun for a while.
Are you serious.  Making a shitload of money is tough, a complete waste of a life.
V

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2016, 07:41:08 AM »
money complicates shit even more

mo' money = mo' problems
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2016, 07:48:57 AM »
Those that say THAT... are MOrons .
hope that helps

because you know from experience?
a

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
I will try and write something more "robust" and detailed but in the meantime I will offer this to the OP:

your ULTIMATE solution to what your feeling now will only be remedied by getting older

it will take me time and several words to explain this but trust me---as you get older, the things that are bothering you now will organically not matter anymore

I stress the word "organically".......I don't reside myself to the fact that I don't have a "16 pack" like I used to---I just honestly don't give a shit anymore
If you all saw what I look like now you would all be shocked....but you know what---i'm actually kinda sorta happy

I say "Kinda sorta" because i've recently discovered that there is a life outside of being "a body guy"......so now I'm learning to actually find things that organically make me happy....hence the "kinda sorta"

watch this

lets forget about the fact that bob paris is what he is (and there is nothing wrong with that)...notice how sincerely happy he is in his current life and yet he looks NOTHING like he did

he looks legit happy....and he actually exercises because he likes to and not because he has to in order to maintain a "beautiful coffin"

i see guys like Piana and Kamali and say to myself "okay- they do ALL THIS GEAR AND HGH.......THEY'RE HUGE....but are they SINCERELY happy?"
Or, are these people who have NOTHING else in there life except doing gear and being huge

Don't get me wrong---getting older DOES NOT MEAN "GIVING UP"......FUCK NO!!!
...but as you get older you get a better sense of what you really want to do with your life and shouldn't be continuing to live a lie of any sorts....

My ex boss at the gym works out everyday and he fucking hates working out and I just shake my head at why does he do it.
...He has nothing else

I'm gonna defer to pellius alot here because is like a online Sampei to a lot of us and he's been there and done that

and I'll be frank---Pellius is a stranger who i've never met before...I have no fucking reason to trust him...I'm a typical asshole new yorker and i have trouble trusting my mother......Pellius' words always ring true to stuff like this

EDIT: actually- I won't have to write anything more detailed or verbose..I pretty much split my guts there

EDIT 2: even as "fat" as I am I still get women to text me nudes when I send them just a simple underwear selfie....that's another thing-  "Bodybuilding/Physique Model Fat" is NOT FAT.....this fucking cult will fuck with your head.....don't let it

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2016, 08:15:38 AM »

i see guys like Piana and Kamali and say to myself "okay- they do ALL THIS GEAR AND HGH.......THEY'RE HUGE....but are they SINCERELY happy?"
Or, are these people who have NOTHING else in there life except doing gear and being huge

I hate the whole concept of BEING HAPPY, as if it is some permanent state one can achieve and live happily ever after.  Happiness is GAY.  Men strive for more substance, a mindset perhaps that will hold them in good stead through trials and tribulations.  Leave happiness to the NEWAGE F@GS.
V

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2016, 08:25:15 AM »
I will try and write something more "robust" and detailed but in the meantime I will offer this to the OP:

your ULTIMATE solution to what your feeling now will only be remedied by getting older

it will take me time and several words to explain this but trust me---as you get older, the things that are bothering you now will organically not matter anymore

I stress the word "organically".......I don't reside myself to the fact that I don't have a "16 pack" like I used to---I just honestly don't give a shit anymore
If you all saw what I look like now you would all be shocked....but you know what---i'm actually kinda sorta happy

I say "Kinda sorta" because i've recently discovered that there is a life outside of being "a body guy"......so now I'm learning to actually find things that organically make me happy....hence the "kinda sorta"

watch this

lets forget about the fact that bob paris is what he is (and there is nothing wrong with that)...notice how sincerely happy he is in his current life and yet he looks NOTHING like he did

he looks legit happy....and he actually exercises because he likes to and not because he has to in order to maintain a "beautiful coffin"

Don't get me wrong---getting older DOES NOT MEAN "GIVING UP"......FUCK NO!!!
...but as you get older you get a better sense of what you really want to do with your life and shouldn't be continuing to live a lie of any sorts....

My ex boss at the gym works out everyday and he fucking hates working out and I just shake my head at why does he do it.
...He has nothing else

I'm gonna defer to pellius alot here because is like a online Sampei to a lot of us and he's been there and done that

and I'll be frank---Pellius is a stranger who i've never met before...I have no fucking reason to trust him...I'm a typical asshole new yorker and i have trouble trusting my mother......Pellius' words always ring true to stuff like this

EDIT: actually- I won't have to write anything more detailed or verbose..I pretty much split my guts there

EDIT 2: even as "fat" as I am I still get women to text me nudes when I send them just a simple underwear selfie....that's another thing-  "Bodybuilding/Physique Model Fat" is NOT FAT.....this fucking cult will fuck with your head.....don't let it

Not to offend you, but I think you've never been someone who pursuied physical fitness or achieved anything great in it, once again - this is not to offend you, just all the stories about coke, booze, etc... I don't even understand how people living that lifestyle manage to commit working out at least to some degree.
 On a personal note - at 16 I wanted to be big and ripped, now at 30 I want to be "perfect" and I know that it won't happen, it will be just around the corner, but the drive, the desire, the fire to keep it going - is ten times more than it was, and I was pretty damn obsessed with working out when I started to say the least. And I'm far from someone who doesn't have anything else going in life so it's not black and white. Not worrying about having an abs doesn't say much at all, just that priorities have changed for a certain individual or maybe a said individual was living "a lie", as you put it, to begin with.
 And all of us has a tendency to search for jusitifications for any decisions that we make (why it's "better" this or that way). I'd say it's very healthy to not try to justify anything or compare to anyone, a true liberty comes when you start living by your own exclusive vision and stand by it no matter what, be it no-abs, or six pack, or rich, or poor, or whatever, having a vision is what most people lack, they are just drifting blindly.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2016, 08:28:16 AM »
I hate the whole concept of BEING HAPPY, as if it is some permanent state one can achieve and live happily ever after.  Happiness is GAY.  Men strive for more substance, a mindset perhaps that will hold them in good stead through trials and tribulations.  Leave happiness to the NEWAGE F@GS.

Exactly. I have a religious friend who likes to say "Yeah, these scumbags are rich, but... are they really happy?". I just shake my head... Happy all the time are only legit crazy or people under an influence of alcohol/narcotics. To be strong in the challenges of life is happy, everything else is bullshit.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2016, 08:37:20 AM »
I hate the whole concept of BEING HAPPY, as if it is some permanent state one can achieve and live happily ever after.  Happiness is GAY.  Men strive for more substance, a mindset perhaps that will hold them in good stead through trials and tribulations.  Leave happiness to the NEWAGE F@GS.

"HAPPINESS", "PURPOSE"...whatever

i have no need to explain myself (even though I'm doing so now lol) but whatever the actual "word" is it's meant to be symbolic of something sincere and organic

so, okay I made a bit of a faux pas in word choice

as my grandfather said (and I'm paraphrasing) "only mongoloids are always happy"

Not to offend you, but I think you've never been someone who pursuied physical fitness or achieved anything great in it, once again - this is not to offend you, just all the stories about coke, booze, etc... I don't even understand how people living that lifestyle manage to commit working out at least to some degree.

i can not be offended by someone I've never met in real life :)

Everything that i let happen to me with the drugs and all "the stories" were as a result of me failing at trying to reach my dream which I won't disclose but said dream had everything to do with physical fitness, athletcism and being involved in a sport.  So it's not like I was some twink who worked out just so he could have "nice muscles" but threw a baseball like a fruit

again- I won't disclose said sport because I don't feel it should be villified for being the reason I became the mess i became---that was my fault

I was a legit athlete who didn't know how to deal with having a dream die in front of him and i overcompensated by becoming what I have been known for on the intranet

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »
Well not everyone can be expected to navigate the hurley-burley world of male figure skating.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »
Well not everyone can be expected to navigate the hurley-burley world of male figure skating.

it's true....that elvis stroika is a tough bitch to follow

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2016, 09:14:00 AM »

i have no need to explain myself (even though I'm doing so now lol) but whatever the actual "word" is it's meant to be symbolic of something sincere and organic

as my grandfather said (and I'm paraphrasing) "only mongoloids are always happy"

Everything that i let happen to me with the drugs and all "the stories" were as a result of me failing at trying to reach my dream which I won't disclose but said dream had everything to do with physical fitness, athletcism and being involved in a sport.  So it's not like I was some twink who worked out just so he could have "nice muscles" but threw a baseball like a fruit

again- I won't disclose said sport because I don't feel it should be villified for being the reason I became the mess i became---that was my fault

I was a legit athlete who didn't know how to deal with having a dream die in front of him and i overcompensated by becoming what I have been known for on the intranet

<cough> baseball <cough>
Y

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »

Ok, that is more clear to me now and a lot more understandable. I have a friend, a musician... he put in lots and lots of hours into playing an instrument, but as the time went by he realized that it won't happen, he lacks "something", just can't make it through to the level that he wanted to. For the last few years he barely plays at all, works a completely unrelated job and says "I just don't have that passion to practice anymore..".

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:58 AM »
-improve your social life
- read more books
- cook your own healthy food
- start running or biking
- learn something creative like photoshopping or drawing
- start meditating

On getbig you won't get many better replies than this. OP this is terrific advice from FitnessFrenzy, just as good as any psychologist would likely give you. I'm in a similar place as you (but 10 years further along) and you should follow this advice now before you keep drifting like I have...

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
it's true....that elvis stroika is a tough bitch to follow

We all know it is pro wrestling.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2016, 09:26:48 AM »
In my opinion, those sorts of ups/downs and questioning your purpose are all normal.
What concerns me is your consistent use of booze/drugs to deal with various emotional issues.

My personal philosophy on that is :
If you need drugs or drink to alter your perception , then change your reality.

1. EVERYONE alive has periods of dull, tedious existence.
I worked a career that involved my intellect, BUT it still had long , tedious periods .
A lot of life, is like waiting in line to buy a ticket. There isn't ANY deep meaning to be had from the experience. BUT, if you don't get in the line, you never get a ticket to get in.

2. This is IMPORTANT *    
* Don't minimize the personal value of something just because it doesn't sound grandiose and important to other people. *

For example, when I competed in bodybuilding, I loved doing state/regional level contests. But, I often noticed that the other meatheads got a lot more positive feedback when they planned to compete in a NATIONAL level contest. I never took it personal and understood that a nationals is a lot more important then the Mr Podunk state.

Having said that, it was a bit of a fart in the face, to know that my personal contest plans, sounded a lot less exciting then the guys who went for the nationals. In the end, I know I had a great personal experience from doing things my way. I just never had the same "bragging rights" as the others.

I suspect you already know, deep down inside, what makes you feel alive.
I can't tell you what THAT is and guess what...nobody else can either !
Embrace it as YOUR thing without reservation or apology.

In all my years of wrestling with this personal, common, emotional issue, that's my conclusion.
All the best in your quest to find your own answer and personal peace of mind.

Another great post OP. Some really solid responses here for you (and anyone), don't take it for granted, after your post I expected only humorous replies but your getting some great inspirational responses!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2016, 02:22:17 PM »
If that's you in your avatar, you could always try working out to see if you like it.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »
If that's you in your avatar, you could always try working out to see if you like it.

Always up for throwing hands.  ;)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
Always up for throwing hands.  ;)

Would it be your honor?

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »
Would it be your honor?

If you buy the first beer after.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
If you buy the first beer after.

;D

Was JK, anyway.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2016, 03:54:25 AM »
Those that say THAT... are MOrons .
hope that helps

Exactly. What a moronic statement to make when you consider that most of a person's life is spent trying to make a living leaving little time for doing what you really want to do.

Those who say that don't know  what it's like not to have money. How come they don't try living without money?

When you live in a rich country and take it for granted that food is always there, drinking water is always there... you really have no idea.

When you think of all the suffering in the world: starvation, disease, lack of shelter -- hell, one of the number one killers in the world is diarrhea due to polluted drinking water -- is all due to poverty.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:33 AM »
Are you serious.  Making a shitload of money is tough, a complete waste of a life.

So since making money is a waste of time that would imply, assuming you don't like to waste time, that you don't make any money.

How are you even here using a computer.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2016, 04:08:47 AM »

Don't conflate happiness with the type you get from having fun. That is what people strive for today. For fun.

Is it fun? Am I having fun?

That type of happiness is very fleeting.

It's finding meaning in life. The type of contentment that one has so that like, Oedipus, despite it all, he "conclude that all is well."

And like JNN mentioned, a lot of comes with age, often "advanced age".

"Despite so many ordeals, my advanced age and the nobility of my soul make me conclude that all is well."

-- Sophocles, Oedipus the King

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2016, 04:12:51 AM »
Incontinent contentment.  Can't hardly wait.