Author Topic: What is "anti American"?  (Read 1338 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What is "anti American"?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »
Where is the quote from Pete Carroll

I never come out and call you things, but you're majorly uninformed on this issue.

A retired US general who was at the pentagon on 9/11 came out to the seahawks facility, and Carroll badgered him so hard with his conspiracy theories that the hero actually had to flee to his car and leave.  He was rude and disrespectful.

it's one thing to believe what you want to believe - but you NEVER come at a retired military man with that.  Just classless.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
So this is second hand info with no quote?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »
Dems...higher taxes
Dems...strong central gov
Dems...social engineering (gays - military/gay marriage/women in infantry
Dems...activist judges into race/gender based legal decisions
Dems...anti states rights ie gay marriage
Dems...anti 2nd amendment IE Heller vs DC
Dems...anti religion and misinterpretation of "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
Dems...affirmative action as opposed to individual merit

This is where the current party is

Hard for me to see any of that as anti-american.  Difference of opinion yes. 

Higher taxes?  that's a difference of opinion on how to solve a problem

Strong Central government?  That was lost after the civil war.  It has continued to be a debate since then. Its a much different world than 250 years ago.

Social engineering, Race, gay rights, gender stuff?  equal rights and freedom for all = Very American  Do they sometimes go to far?  yes.

Anti second amendment.  while its a core tenet of America i don't think being against it means you are against all the core tenets that better defines america.

Don't understand your charge on religion.

I agree AA is dated and in many cases unfair.  I believe in Individual merit, I also at the same time believe things can be skewed to make the playing field too uneven and sometimes the feds need to step in to level it.  I don't always agree with what they have done.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »
On religion...its not freedom from religion, its freedom of religion. The dems go out of their way to remove crosses and other religious symbols...mostly Christian from everywhere they can. I can cut and paste till I explode but it true. As far as social engineering. Its not the job of the central gov to dictate those things. If Mass wants gays to marry that's ok but you can't tell South Carolina they also have to allow it.  No single thing makes them or anybody anti-American...taken together packaged as over arching agenda, its very anti American.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 04:58:56 PM »
don't see the connection that falls squarely on truthers.

How do truthers not support american values when they simply don't believe the main stream view of what happened on 9/11?

How does a truther partner or support terrorist organizations when all they are saying is they didn't do 9/11?

Yeah it has.  1 area is amendments.

I can see, depending upon your POV that it can be claimed it has devolved but we  should be able to agree that it isn't purely what it was when it was written.

I think you're understating what 9/11 Troofers believe.  It isn't just questioning the "official story."  It's asserting that the U.S. government and civilians secretly worked with foreign terrorists to shoot a missile into the Pentagon; to fake two plane crashes, secretly murder American citizens and dispose of their bodies; to plant bombs in the WTC to blow up innocent Americans.  Who the heck embraces that kind of crap? 

When were the majority of those amendments enacted?  The Constitution has remain largely unchanged for must of our country's history. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »
I never come out and call you things, but you're majorly uninformed on this issue.

A retired US general who was at the pentagon on 9/11 came out to the seahawks facility, and Carroll badgered him so hard with his conspiracy theories that the hero actually had to flee to his car and leave.  He was rude and disrespectful.

it's one thing to believe what you want to believe - but you NEVER come at a retired military man with that.  Just classless.

You are such a troll.  Where is the quote from Pete Carroll saying he believes the U.S. worked with foreign terrorist to attack us on 9/11? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 05:23:39 PM »
On religion...its not freedom from religion, its freedom of religion. The dems go out of their way to remove crosses and other religious symbols...mostly Christian from everywhere they can. I can cut and paste till I explode but it true. As far as social engineering. Its not the job of the central gov to dictate those things. If Mass wants gays to marry that's ok but you can't tell South Carolina they also have to allow it.  No single thing makes them or anybody anti-American...taken together packaged as over arching agenda, its very anti American.

i see mostly atheists groups doing that.

I see the gay marriage thing and the "mass" of people not wanting it in the same vein as things like slavery.  sometimes the mass of people are just wrong.  NOTHING is forcing those poeple to live a certian life style.  Freedom for all live and let live.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »
I think you're understating what 9/11 Troofers believe.  It isn't just questioning the "official story."  It's asserting that the U.S. government and civilians secretly worked with foreign terrorists to shoot a missile into the Pentagon; to fake two plane crashes, secretly murder American citizens and dispose of their bodies; to plant bombs in the WTC to blow up innocent Americans.  Who the heck embraces that kind of crap? 
Dumb people of who some believe that America has been hijacked by evil men and they feel they need to expose it.

But not anti Americans

When were the majority of those amendments enacted?  The Constitution has remain largely unchanged for must of our country's history. 

Still yet, it was.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:50 PM »

freedom of religion includes the freedom to have no religion or in other words, freedom from religion

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 05:58:30 PM »
freedom of religion includes the freedom to have no religion or in other words, freedom from religion

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So what does that mean? It means .gov cannot create a religion and force you into it, or stop you from worshiping a tree if you want. Given the time when the church and the English government were intertwined, it is simple to see why this is included in the constitution.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »
Back to the original question, IMHO not acting in the best interests of America first and foremost.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2016, 06:04:24 PM »
Back to the original question, IMHO not acting in the best interests of America first and foremost.

That's sounds good, but what makes that hard is the interpretation of best interests.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »
That's sounds good, but what makes that hard is the interpretation of best interests.

Not making treaties that put the US at a disadvantage.
Not letting the country be infiltrated by illegals
Not spying on US citizens for no reason
Spending your whole working life in congress
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 06:27:00 PM »
Not making treaties that put the US at a disadvantage.
Not letting the country be infiltrated by illegals
Not spying on US citizens for no reason
Spending your whole working life in congress

Time to get rid of the whole bunch then.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »
Time to get rid of the whole bunch then.

Yep
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2016, 06:41:45 PM »
Well  big O you got two pages of real answers without a lot of bs....friggen getbig record. You can rest easy tonight your work is done.

Yeah..freedom from religion but now that means a war memorial offends some jackass that rolls through a town square once a year.
L

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
Occasionally I see the tag "anti American" placed on a politician.

What does that exactly mean?

Plz don't give a lame ambiguous statement like "they hate America"

Be specific, thanks.

A picture is worth a thousand words

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So what does that mean? It means .gov cannot create a religion and force you into it, or stop you from worshiping a tree if you want. Given the time when the church and the English government were intertwined, it is simple to see why this is included in the constitution.

exactly

It also can't force you to believe in any religion at all...so it protect the right to have no religious belief at all thus the freedom FROM religion

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »
Well  big O you got two pages of real answers without a lot of bs....friggen getbig record. You can rest easy tonight your work is done.

Yeah..freedom from religion but now that means a war memorial offends some jackass that rolls through a town square once a year.

Yeah its pretty cool.  We occasionally get productive dialog and debate here.  what's also interesting is how 2 sides can agree on something but still fight over BS stuff like ideological stereotypes.   

I am very anti organized religion, but none of the crap offends me on public buildings.  Considering the many problems that could be helped or solved that the money used instead to sue state and city governments to remove religious stuff from public monuments and buildings is what offends me.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2016, 08:50:29 AM »
I'm the same way.....not a big organized religion guy...but hate the folks who are so offended by bs memorials and crosses etc
L