Author Topic: Mike O'Hearn calls out Jason Blabla!  (Read 39659 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Mike O'Hearn calls out Jason Blabla!
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2016, 05:35:00 AM »
I imagine their longevity in training is more than to the luck of their genetics. I doubt they have any worthwhile advise that you haven't heard before (don't over-train, good form..etc).
It would be like asking a 110 year old about the secrets to living a long life. There are no secrets - or at least, nothing we don't already know.

It's the small stuff that matters. I've been training for well over a decade, all the time on my max effort, the last five years - very heavy (I may not be the strongest bencher/suatter or deadlifter, but I don't know many people who come close to me when it comes to an overall strength on all body parts. Pretty much no exercise where I would not be able to outlift majority of people at any gym, and just few core exercises that I can't outlift experienced powerlifters, because I don't train for that. That's brave, but I'm strong as fuck not Ohearn strong, but I'm on a fraction of a gear too), yet I have not a single ache in my body anywhere, literally. And many guys I knew when I started - have multiple inuries already. Luck? To some extent probably (good joints/connective tissues), but I would not call luck 15-20 mins of extensive warmups, no exceptions, I would not call luck ten different substances (natural) that I take daily, meant to lower inflammation and other benefits, I would not call luck increasing weight veeeery slowly and having a razor sharp focus on the form, etc, etc.. All the small details matter on the long run. And these guys have figured them out to the max. Hormone regimens would be very nteresting too, even tho' that's highly individual for the most part.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2016, 05:41:16 AM »
It's the small stuff that matters. I've been training for well over a decade, all the time on my max effort, the last five years - very heavy (I may not be the strongest bencher/suatter or deadlifter, but I don't know many people who come close to me when it comes to an overall strength on all body parts. Pretty much no exercise where I would not be able to outlift majority of people at any gym, and just few core exercises that I can't outlift experienced powerlifters, because I don't train for that. That's brave, but I'm strong as fuck not Ohearn strong, but I'm on a fraction of a gear too), yet I have not a single ache in my body anywhere, literally. And many guys I knew when I started - have multiple inuries already. Luck? To some extent probably (good joints/connective tissues), but I would not call luck 15-20 mins of extensive warmups, no exceptions, I would not call luck ten different substances (natural) that I take daily, meant to lower inflammation and other benefits, I would not call luck increasing weight veeeery slowly and having a razor sharp focus on the form, etc, etc.. All the small details matter on the long run. And these guys have figured them out to the max. Hormone regimens would be very nteresting too, even tho' that's highly individual for the most part.

hey  davinci , here is my experience, when i was in my 20's i was pretty strong,  i really got into mike mentzer h.i.t   balls to the wall, heavy sets to failure on everything,  i was pretty dumb then ,   i didnt warm up properly etc,   i had to very bad injuries. and i quit doing weights for years.

now that i am training  regular again, i train moderate weight and super set everything  i am fairy lean now.  and i dont have any injuries or ahces.

i doubt i would go back to that way of training again,  and the way coleman did train, and trains now is utterly retarded.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2016, 05:47:01 AM »
8)...good stuff,,,

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2016, 05:50:30 AM »

Same here. Aside from slight chondromalacia in my knees (who doesn't have this?), I don't have one problem and I have been physically active (running, swimming, and then lifting, and always shooting hoops or playing handball for cardio in the summer and spring months) since twelve years old.

But this comes with an investment. I use proper form, and although I am not blessed in the strength department, I am pretty good. I have a dynamic warmup, which includes jumping rope, glute activation drills and foam rolling, and static stretching of tight muscles before every workout. Sure, it takes fifteen minutes and I might be stronger in my workouts without it, but I rather maintain strength or get stronger more slowly than some tight, inflexible, unathletic fat guy.

The warmup is like this:
Five to ten minutes of jumping rope, however long it takes to break a sweat, with a variety of single or double under, one legged shuffles, or whatever.
Glute and shoulder activation drills (superman, fire hydrants, hip thrusts)
Then the dynamic stretches:
Scorpions
Iron Cross
Dynamic quad stretch
Toy soliders
Straight legged kicks
Mountain climbers
Inch worms

I also do not do any 1 to 5 rep max shit as I have absolutely no need to. Six to eight reps for big lifts and eight to fifteen for lighter and bodyweight lifts.

Look at Jay versus Ronnie. Ronnie was far stronger, but one became Mr. O without being a future cripple.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2016, 06:00:20 AM »
hey  davinci , here is my experience, when i was in my 20's i was pretty strong,  i really got into mike mentzer h.i.t   balls to the wall, heavy sets to failure on everything,  i was pretty dumb then ,   i didnt warm up properly etc,   i had to very bad injuries. and i quit doing weights for years.

now that i am training  regular again, i train moderate weight and super set everything  i am fairy lean now.  and i dont have any injuries or ahces.

i doubt i would go back to that way of training again,  and the way coleman did train, and trains now is utterly retarded.

Never did any insane h.i.t stuff or anything, I take my time in the gym, no rush, and I became strong gradually, now if I try to lift light - it just feels so light I can do that while half asleep. Try to keep that middle ground and not going to extremes like three times max or something. If I can't lift with a perfect form - I lower the weight slightly, if I feel a slightest pain anywhere - I either lower the weight or switch exercise, or find other way to train around it, but never force myself through it. Tried to do forced negatives on some exrcises recently, felt that I'm pushing it so stopped immediately. I move weights that are unimaginable for your average joe that has been lifting for a few years, but I do it comfortably, like it's a nice warm up set just heavier. I could speak on these subtle things a lot, Im sure guys like Mike would too, just that most people doesn't listen, they think "yeah, blah blah.. now let's get to the serious stuff. Should I do a pyramid or supersets? What test is best to inject? etc..".
 I'm confidet I could become O'Hearn kind of strong with more drugs, but I don't really want, I have a great physique and my weights are still in a "semi-sane" zone, could be repping out 350 on a flat bench in no time, but I find 310 to be a sweet spot if performed slowly with a good concetration, to be able to improve. Could squat more after taking few months for that, but 420lb for deep reps is plenty and I feel very comfortable doing that, very stable and not like it's a lot of weight at all, but my quads are worked very well after a few good sets of these. It's finding a balance, not rushing into it, knowing when you can push it, and when you need to back it off...

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2016, 06:03:20 AM »
Same here. Aside from slight chondromalacia in my knees (who doesn't have this?), I don't have one problem and I have been physically active (running, swimming, and then lifting, and always shooting hoops or playing handball for cardio in the summer and spring months) since twelve years old.

But this comes with an investment. I use proper form, and although I am not blessed in the strength department, I am pretty good. I have a dynamic warmup, which includes jumping rope, glute activation drills and foam rolling, and static stretching of tight muscles before every workout. Sure, it takes fifteen minutes and I might be stronger in my workouts without it, but I rather maintain strength or get stronger more slowly than some tight, inflexible, unathletic fat guy.

The warmup is like this:
Five to ten minutes of jumping rope, however long it takes to break a sweat, with a variety of single or double under, one legged shuffles, or whatever.
Glute and shoulder activation drills (superman, fire hydrants, hip thrusts)
Then the dynamic stretches:
Scorpions
Iron Cross
Dynamic quad stretch
Toy soliders
Straight legged kicks
Mountain climbers
Inch worms

I also do not do any 1 to 5 rep max shit as I have absolutely no need to. Six to eight reps for big lifts and eight to fifteen for lighter and bodyweight lifts.

Look at Jay versus Ronnie. Ronnie was far stronger, but one became Mr. O without being a future cripple.

That's what I'm talkign about. I'd be careful with much streching BEFORE a heavy workout tho. Too much of it can increase the chance of an inury. After - is very good, started doing some serious streching after workout lately, it's pretty enjoyable. I spend a lot of time in the gym due to that lol, but I love it...

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2016, 06:08:56 AM »
Never did any insane h.i.t stuff or anything, I take my time in the gym, no rush, and I became strong gradually, now if I try to lift light - it just feels so light I can do that while half asleep. Try to keep that middle ground and not going to extremes like three times max or something. If I can't lift with a perfect form - I lower the weight slightly, if I feel a slightest pain anywhere - I either lower the weight or switch exercise, or find other way to train around it, but never force myself through it. Tried to do forced negatives on some exrcises recently, felt that I'm pushing it so stopped immediately. I move weights that are unimaginable for your average joe that has been lifting for a few years, but I do it comfortably, like it's a nice warm up set just heavier. I could speak on these subtle things a lot, Im sure guys like Mike would too, just that most people doesn't listen, they think "yeah, blah blah.. now let's get to the serious stuff. Should I do a pyramid or supersets? What test is best to inject? etc..".
 I'm confidet I could become O'Hearn kind of strong with more drugs, but I don't really want, I have a great physique and my weights are still in a "semi-sane" zone, could be repping out 350 on a flat bench in no time, but I find 310 to be a sweet spot if performed slowly with a good concetration, to be able to improve. Could squat more after taking few months for that, but 420lb for deep reps is plenty and I feel very comfortable doing that, very stable and not like it's a lot of weight at all, but my quads are worked very well after a few good sets of these. It's finding a balance, not rushing into it, knowing when you can push it, and when you need to back it off...

yeah that is great mind set to have, i wish i never trained like that before, it led to burnout, especially with the injuries.

once i reach my goal for leaness i will get back into a strength program, but ill never train, h.i.t again, its dangerous in the long haul.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2016, 06:25:28 AM »
Jason Baba of Peace

STILL NUTS

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2016, 06:36:15 AM »
Jason Baba of Peace

STILL NUTS
NUTS STILL...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2016, 06:38:41 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2016, 06:39:37 AM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2016, 06:45:21 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2016, 07:01:05 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2016, 07:01:22 AM »
O Hearn > Blahomo

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2016, 07:28:06 AM »

Impressive ball to dick ratio here.  Probably a "hit" with the ladies.  50lb nuts and a pale pinky bone for a cock.  And I thought I was having a bad day.
N

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2016, 07:55:35 AM »
Dont forget that Blaha is a highly trained special force commando killer and has killed probably dozens of people on the battlefield, now a successful powerlifter and entrepreneur riding in nothing less but a Mercedes !
Mike doesnt stand a chance against this alpha male.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »
Dam mike looks good there. I'm getbig tired of writing it n u all must be tired of reading it but for over 20 years I have seen this guy lift. He's the strongest bb I have ever seen in terms of the whole package. Killer bod, no marshmallow bloat. I don't thing he had a weak body part. Insane lifts.

Jason's pretty strong too there to be honest.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
Dam mike looks good there. I'm getbig tired of writing it n u all must be tired of reading it but for over 20 years I have seen this guy lift. He's the strongest bb I have ever seen in terms of the whole package. Killer bod, no marshmallow bloat. I don't thing he had a weak body part. Insane lifts.

Jason's pretty strong too there to be honest.

Mike needs to chill. If Blabla is getting to him, he needs to go smoke a bone, get a hummer from that smoking girlfriend and then fucking look in the mirror.

Blabla  ::)

He's a retard with his guns too. Show's zero evidence of combat training in his range work. Pitiful. I can't even shoot at static ranges anymore because they are so boring.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2016, 08:37:15 AM »
You guys are getting way off topic. Yes, O'Hearn seems to have Blaha beaten in every aspect of life but Blaha is 100% correct in his assessment of "The Frog".

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »
You guys are getting way off topic. Yes, O'Hearn seems to have Blaha beaten in every aspect of life but Blaha is 100% correct in his assessment of "The Frog".

Sheep will still purchase The Frog

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2016, 09:31:17 AM »
I probably have to tone down GB as I literally had a dream about "The frog" last night. It was a huge filming set in some kind of a posh pool and these frogs were in the watter, Mike was there too and it looked like the frog became a huge hit in crossfit. Too bad the dream ended before I had a chance to get into a pool wih Mike, skinny dipping

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
That's what I'm talkign about. I'd be careful with much streching BEFORE a heavy workout tho. Too much of it can increase the chance of an inury. After - is very good, started doing some serious streching after workout lately, it's pretty enjoyable. I spend a lot of time in the gym due to that lol, but I love it...

I also don't rest long between sets, which likely results in less poundage being used, and I use pre-exhaust for my chest, which has always been stubborn.

Long rest periods + low reps + lack of mobility + locked out reps on everything + solely = crippled fat body.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:37 AM »
If that is how you judge success in life then I am assuming you do not yet have hair on your boy parts.
Blaha will come out of this just fine. He will increase his subscriber base and revenue at no cost whatsoever. Great ROI.

O'Hearn will come out of this looking like a whiny bitch and even the 5 people who would be dumb enough to consider purchasing a Frog will reconsider, just because they do not want to be associated with negativity. Yes, O'Hearn clearly knows how to train and not overdo the roids and GH. Good for him. But that is not what he is selling, he is selling a product that has fuck all to do with his own results, so a total non sequitur. Unless he can prove that he had developed the Frog 25 years ago, and that is how he got his results. THEN he might have a point.

Gentlemen, I will go ahead and pronounce my outing of Blaha as "phreak" on this forum. Hi Jason.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »
Instead of wasting so many millions on immigrants, they should have been spent of purchasing "The Frog" en masse.

Would have been a more valuable investment.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2016, 11:09:52 AM »

Gentlemen, I will go ahead and pronounce my outing of Blaha as "phreak" on this forum. Hi Jason.

Alas, I'm stronger than him. Also better looking, though that is damning with faint praise.

But Blaha is right and he is funny. I don't idolise wig wearers just because they know how to lift and take drugs, that is where we differ.