Author Topic: Lower Back Problems.  (Read 4666 times)

Rammstein

• Getbig III
Re: Lower Back Problems.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 09:38:58 AM »

if your gym doesnt have one you can ghetto it up on the ghr

My gym is my home gym. I have a GHR and have been doing reverse hypers on it but it just doesn't feel the same. Therefore I am considering getting a proper reverse hyper.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »
This week I noticed after I did leg press that I felt some pain in my lower back whenever I twisted my torso. Also when I bend over, raise my right leg(in the manner of putting pants on or going up stairs) or cough or sneeze, I get a shooting pain in my lower back, and upper right glute, and it wraps around to the side of my right hip flexor area. Anyone have back problems before and know what this could be?

getting older
weak midsection
using too much weight
improper form
body is sick/stressed

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 09:49:21 AM »
oh no, you started to do bodybuilding?

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »
Nerve problems result from pressure on it most commonly from disc herniation/protrusion. As I was told, the disc itself doesn`t get nutrients through veins since there aren`t any there - movement of the body/spine brings them in.

You don`t want to stress the back right after you get up also because the discs are most hydrated after sleep and the chance of injury is higher.

Best to consult someone from the medical field if the problem persists or is chronic, guessing game never works.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »
What causes degenerative disc disease?

As we age, our spinal discs break down, or degenerate, which may result in degenerative disc disease in some people.

These changes are more likely to occur in people who smoke cigarettes and those who do heavy physical work (such as repeated heavy lifting).

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/tc/degenerative-disc-disease-topic-overview

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 07:24:30 PM »
This week I noticed after I did leg press that I felt some pain in my lower back whenever I twisted my torso. Also when I bend over, raise my right leg(in the manner of putting pants on or going up stairs) or cough or sneeze, I get a shooting pain in my lower back, and upper right glute, and it wraps around to the side of my right hip flexor area. Anyone have back problems before and know what this could be?

i experienced the exact same thing and it was unbearable pain for some days then it gradually went.. since then i have stopped doing heavy leg press or deadlifts.. i dont have any pain after but i feel my lower back is not as before.. it has become sensitive to any tough exercise :(.. ironically squats is still fine with me even when i go heavy!!..

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:12 PM »
most people don't even properly activate their abs and obliques when doing leg presses, this lowers your range of motion and puts more stress on your back, same with deadlift, squat, lunges you name it ...

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »
most people don't even properly activate their abs and obliques when doing leg presses, this lowers your range of motion and puts more stress on your back, same with deadlift, squat, lunges you name it ...

Agreed.
©

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 05:29:04 AM »
Leg press can be hard on the lower back.

Make sure the angle of the back rest is not too low to the ground and that your back is lying straight up against it without any arch or gap.

Personally, I have found going lighter with slower reps and increased range of motion has been better for results anyway.