Author Topic: "BEEF Proten" - Biggest scam in recent years??  (Read 7862 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
"BEEF Proten" - Biggest scam in recent years??
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:50:57 AM »
Watched an Interview with an accomplished german amater BB these days who considers himself as a supplement "guru" for many years.

The guy claimed that Whey Protein is still the "gold standard" for all proten powders. The biggest BS scam product to steal money from clueless idiots nowadays is the trendy "Beef Protein".

If the powder sold in tubes was legit protein extracted from lean quality beef

a) one tube wouldn't cost 40 bucks but rather several 100s of dollars (not affordable for average Joe)
b) the protein would taste so bad that you'd puke after every single sip.

What's sold as "Beef Protein" in tubes is pure garbage, collagenic protein and slaughterhouse waste with no biological value what-so-ever.

Is that true? Has Kai lied to us? :'(

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: "BEEF Proten" - Biggest scam in recent years??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
Watched an Interview with an accomplished german amater BB these days who considers himself as a supplement "guru" for many years.

The guy claimed that Whey Protein is still the "gold standard" for all proten powders. The biggest BS scam product to steal money from clueless idiots nowadays is the trendy "Beef Protein".

If the powder sold in tubes was legit protein extracted from lean quality beef

a) one tube wouldn't cost 40 bucks but rather several 100s of dollars (not affordable for average Joe)
b) the protein would taste so bad that you'd puke after every single sip.

What's sold as "Beef Protein" in tubes is pure garbage, collagenic protein and slaughterhouse waste with no biological value what-so-ever.

Is that true? Has Kai lied to us? :'(

Yes, the vast majority of "beef protein" is nothing more than of the collagen kind (bones, skin, etc).
A

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:57:59 AM »

Yes, the vast majority of "beef protein" is nothing more than of the collagen kind (bones, skin, etc).

Hahhahaa, this industry has no shame whatsoever, they even found a way to capitalize on slaughterhouse waste. Throw this in a blender and sell the powder for 40 bucks to completely clueless idiots as high quality "Beef Protein" :D

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
Re: "BEEF Protein" - Biggest scam in recent years??
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:09 AM »
©

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
Any protein that makes outrageous claims from any source including pepto pro is blowing smoke up your ass.

I used 100% concentrate for years and years and did great even on just that. All the water retention claims are bullshit too, they just say that to push their stuff and people are dumb enough to listen.
?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 10:14:12 AM »
They are all collagen. Yes the biological value is zero, but only because there is close to zero tryptophan. But if you eat other sources of protein, like all do, collagen can be a good protein source, you get your tryptophan elsewhere. If you only ate collagen for protein you would die but that is just a hypothetical... there was one old study with a weight loss powder where some participants died because that was all they ate.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
They are all collagen. Yes the biological value is zero, but only because there is close to zero tryptophan, you get your tryptophan elsewhere. But if you eat other sources of protein, like all do, they can be a good protein source. If you only ate collagen for protein you would die but that is just a hypothetical... there was one old study with a weight loss powder where some participants died because that was all they ate.

???
?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »
They are all collagen. Yes the biological value is zero, but only because there is close to zero tryptophan. But if you eat other sources of protein, like all do, collagen can be a good protein source, you get your tryptophan elsewhere. If you only ate collagen for protein you would die but that is just a hypothetical... there was one old study with a weight loss powder where some participants died because that was all they ate.

I ask supplement shop employees "Can muscle be built from collagen-protein?" when bored.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »
???

Can't find the study right now but it was some super low calorie weight loss diet for morbodly obese people in the 70's where the sole source of protein was bovine collagen. Some died, and from memory it wsa thought one problem was that the protein wasn't "complete", as in lacking tryptophan which is an essential amino.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
Can't find the study right now but it was some super low calorie weight loss diet for morbodly obese people in the 70's where the sole source of protein was bovine collagen. Some died, and from memory it wsa thought one problem was that the protein wasn't "complete", as in lacking tryptophan which is an essential amino.

Was not sure if you were trolling but feel you're not now. Wow, they must have had some crushed family members as it's a pitiful way to die.
?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 10:53:22 AM »
Was not sure if you were trolling but feel you're not now. Wow, they must have had some crushed family members as it's a pitiful way to die.

yep i read about this too.  lyle mcdonald mentions it in his ketogenic book, but im too lazy to look up the reference

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
I ask supplement shop employees "Can muscle be built from collagen-protein?" when bored.

hope ur joking....thats a dick move man. they just working

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 10:59:12 AM »
Just another way the fraudulent supplement industry reinvents itself. First it was all about milk protein, then it was all about egg protein being the perfect protein, then a return to cheap whey protein (cheese/milk), and now beef protein which as someone pointed out is made from the waste (bones, scraps, cartilage) that isn't good enough to make hot dogs or stuff sausages with.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
hope ur joking....thats a dick move man. they just working

I ask if they recommend a cartilage containing supplement. Expecting the employees of a supplement store to know something about diet, nutrition, and their products isn't unreasonable.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »
I ask if they recommend a cartilage containing supplement. Expecting the employees of a supplement store to know something about diet, nutrition, and their products isn't unreasonable.

why dont you call out the manufacturer with a loaded question/condescending question, instead of the guy making 10 an hour to support his family/life? does it make you feel good doing that? your probably trolling me , and i got suckered.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »
why dont you call out the manufacturer with a loaded question/condescending question, instead of the guy making 10 an hour to support his family/life? does it make you feel good doing that? your probably trolling me , and i got suckered.

Oh c'mon, the person working their should be able to answer basic questions on the stuff.
?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 11:50:12 AM »

The manufacturer already knows it's bullshit.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »
Oh c'mon, the person working their should be able to answer basic questions on the stuff.

true, but its a dick question and uneseccary especially since the customer (kaje) already knows the answer. hes just trolling an employee. the employee is just clocking in an out to make a living. just kind of reminds me of teenagers who prank a drive thru fastfood worker and throw drinks back in their face or some shit. damn im still being trolled here lol, i can sense it. no one in real life is could be that dickish to a stranger.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »
true, but its a dick question and uneseccary especially since the customer (kaje) already knows the answer. hes just trolling an employee. the employee is just clocking in an out to make a living. just kind of reminds me of teenagers who prank a drive thru fastfood worker and throw drinks back in their face or some shit. damn im still being trolled here lol, i can sense it. no one in real life is could be that dickish to a stranger.

It's not trolling at all. It's making sure the person is not blowing smoke up his ass.

Your drive through example is funny, lol, but hold no value in this one man!

?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 12:00:03 PM »
My God Kai looks disgusting in that ad. Only in the twisted modern BB world can that be an effective advertisement.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 12:01:47 PM »
Don't ever open a supp store Mr Thong...
?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »

If you thought 2+2=5 and I said "2+2=4", am I a dick?

I'm simply correcting misinformation. Right or wrong: Employees in places like that are viewed as experts. They should be held to a standard of having some basic product knowledge.

People go in with specific needs, allergies, dietary restrictions, etc... and expect competent help.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
Re: "BEEF Protein" - Biggest scam in recent years??
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 12:06:12 PM »
According to the ingredients list it consists of only about 66% protein.
That's really low.
©

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »

Holy fuck is that guy annoying. Is there such a thing as non-irritating YT fitness personality? I can only think of Jerry Ward, but his videos have started to suck lately...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »
If you thought 2+2=5 and I said "2+2=4", am I a dick?

I'm simply correcting misinformation. Right or wrong: Employees in places like that are viewed as experts. They should be held to a standard of having some basic product knowledge.

People go in with specific needs, allergies, dietary restrictions, etc... and expect competent help.

Nah, they just a trolling with those concerns!
?