Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 21, 2014, 07:40:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't you people tell me that whiting fish fillets  (Read 1376 times)
Butterbean
Special Guests
Getbig V

« on: March 19, 2006, 12:55:02 PM »

are nasty? Tongue
Report to moderator   Logged

R
Bast175
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »

Great for dieting.  I was buying a 2lb bag for $2.50.    If you add some tomato sauce to them it drowns out some of the fishy taste.
Butterbean
Special Guests
Getbig V

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 01:38:16 PM »

Great for dieting.  I was buying a 2lb bag for $2.50.    If you add some tomato sauce to them it drowns out some of the fishy taste.

It wasn't so much the taste as the texture Tongue  Oh and the look of it.... Tongue

What kind of tomato sauce do you use Bast?  Plain out of the can or like a marinara?

R
Migs
Getbig V

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »

Actually they aren't that bad.  Try adding lemon/lime juice to it.  Let it sit for about ten minutes then cook it.  If they are too fishy, you can soak it in milk for a bit and that will help.  Texture wise there isn't much you can do.  Only way would be to dredge them and sautee them.

MMM BOOBIES
sarcasm
Getbig V

The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »

It wasn't so much the taste as the texture Tongue  Oh and the look of it.... Tongue

What kind of tomato sauce do you use Bast?  Plain out of the can or like a marinara?
make your own, 3 cans of Hunt's whole tomatoes, a third of a cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, half an onion chopped, salt, pepper and whatever fried meat you want.

Jaejonna rows 125!!
Butterbean
Special Guests
Getbig V

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 02:47:43 PM »

Actually they aren't that bad.  Try adding lemon/lime juice to it.  Let it sit for about ten minutes then cook it.  If they are too fishy, you can soak it in milk for a bit and that will help.  Texture wise there isn't much you can do.  Only way would be to dredge them and sautee them.

Thanks for this info but I don't think I'll eat them again..on purpose.

make your own, 3 cans of Hunt's whole tomatoes, a third of a cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, half an onion chopped, salt, pepper and whatever fried meat you want.

That sounds good....have you ever tried it w/balsamic vinegar in it?

R
sarcasm
Getbig V

The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »

Thanks for this info but I don't think I'll eat them again..on purpose.

That sounds good....have you ever tried it w/balsamic vinegar in it?
nope, i like old fashioned gravy.

Jaejonna rows 125!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!