Author Topic: A carb is a carb, Cephissus destroys glycemic index myth  (Read 16892 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Re: A carb is a carb, PLEASE ignore fibrous carbs like Lettuce and Cucumbers
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2016, 06:32:33 AM »
So far all bro science, except one person said there are articles on Pubmed (which I have no idea about).  Not one single study linked to backing up any of these claims that starchy carbs like a potato or rice are any better or worse than a candy bar.  No study showing any human beings ever having had any of these bro science claims tested by actual scientific method.

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2016, 06:38:49 AM »
So far all bro science, except one person said there are articles on Pubmed (which I have no idea about).  Not one single study linked to backing up any of these claims that starchy carbs like a potato or rice are any better or worse than a candy bar.  No study showing any human beings ever having had any of these bro science claims tested by actual scientific method.

You can never be sure.
Unless you try it for yourself.
Which is what I suggest.

1 month candy bars only.
1 month potatoes only.

Feel the difference.
©

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2016, 06:59:50 AM »

Go to PubMed.  Register an account.  There are literally hundreds if not thousands of scientific studies on the topic of different sugar intakes and the effects on the mammalian class.  Not bro science, real science.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2016, 08:20:59 AM »
Go to PubMed.  Register an account.  There are literally hundreds if not thousands of scientific studies on the topic of different sugar intakes and the effects on the mammalian class.  Not bro science, real science.

I'll bet most of them conclude with the disclaimer, "Further research needs to be done." Truth be told, most studies are useless, as the authors can't go more than a sentence without citing someone else's work. It's as though no one has an original thought!

And I still haven't seen anyone respond to what I believe is an valid question: what makes slow burning carbs burn slowly? I contend it's because they aren't easily digested.

With regard to "how you feel" question, I feel much healthier when I limit grains.

Simple Simon

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2016, 08:34:40 AM »
I'll bet most of them conclude with the disclaimer, "Further research needs to be done." Truth be told, most studies are useless, as the authors can't go more than a sentence without citing someone else's work. It's as though no one has an original thought!

And I still haven't seen anyone respond to what I believe is an valid question: what makes slow burning carbs burn slowly? I contend it's because they aren't easily digested.

With regard to "how you feel" question, I feel much healthier when I limit grains.
if thats true then sweetcorn is the slowest burning of all.
Its down to the molecular build up of the carb, carbs made up of simple sugars are broken down much faster.
Eat a candy bar and watch your veins blow up, eat a potato and watch nothing happen.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2016, 08:37:21 AM »
You can never be sure.
Unless you try it for yourself.
Which is what I suggest.

1 month candy bars only.
1 month potatoes only.

Feel the difference.

Set it up

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »

I'm no expert nor scientist, but apparently some here are.  How about someone posting just one showing the actual blood sugar effect of a potato or rice or some no fibrous complex carb v. Plain sugar on something more complex than a mouse.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2016, 08:51:00 AM »
Set it up

I know the difference.
It was you criticizing everything.
Therefore my suggestion to simply try it out.

It's the most reliable way.
©

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
a

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2016, 08:59:21 AM »
I'm no expert nor scientist, but apparently some here are.  How about someone posting just one showing the actual blood sugar effect of a potato or rice or some no fibrous complex carb v. Plain sugar on something more complex than a mouse.

Like I already mentioned you can gain first-hand experience using your own body.
It can't get more reliable.

©

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2016, 09:09:27 AM »

I know the difference.
It was you criticizing everything.
Therefore my suggestion to simply try it out.

It's the most reliable way.

That was a joke, son!  Based on your 1 month of potatoes only.  I think it'd be different but don't care enough to do something so drastic for 2 months.  Still bro science if no one has actually done it and written up a scientific study.  Have you ever done it?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: A carb is a carb
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2016, 09:16:33 AM »

Apart from this being utter nonsense she doesn't mention anything about carbs.

Let her eat only pizza for one month.
Then only salad with meat, cheese, dressing and croutons the next month.
Let's see if she will still say it's the same.

I doubt it.

She seems to be on point with her physique, and backs the principles put forth by True Adonis.

What more evidence do you need to support the claim that "a calorie is just a calorie?"
X

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »
Can not believe people still think a "calorie is a calorie" or a "carb is a carb".

It's simple....go eat 2500 cals of straight chocolate and potato chips for one month. Then do the same with 2500 calories of rice and veggies. Tell me if you still believe a carb is a carb.  ::)

And before TA comes in here with his "wisdom" remember he lies out of his sloppy asshole all the time to troll. And the only pics he posts are from ten years back.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »
I'd love to eat a carton of Ice Cream everyday. That's about 2500 - 3000 kcals, depending on flavor.
Think I can get ripped doing it? I'll just switch to frozen yogurt to cut calories, when needed.

a

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 09:20:15 AM »
Can not believe people still think a "calorie is a calorie" or a "carb is a carb".

It's simple....go eat 2500 cals of straight chocolate and potato chips for one month. Then do the same with 2500 calories of rice and veggies. Tell me if you still believe a carb is a carb.  ::)

And before TA comes in here with his "wisdom" remember he lies out of his sloppy asshole all the time to troll. And the only pics he posts are from ten years back.

TA is a man of respect and integrity.
X

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2016, 09:28:45 AM »
That was a joke, son!  Based on your 1 month of potatoes only.  I think it'd be different but don't care enough to do something so drastic for 2 months.  Still bro science if no one has actually done it and written up a scientific study.  Have you ever done it?

Afaik I am not part of your family and I am not sure if I would want to.
Now that we cleared up the relationship part let me tell you every "study", etc. is worthless.

Why?
First of all most "studies" are done with a specific motivation in mind.
Others even are plain out lies to promote a product for example or to promote other lies which were created to manipulate people.
Of course there are reliable studies also but they are in the minority.

Second, any "knowledge" you may have acquired from outside sources is basically worthless in itself.

Why?
If something has not been experienced by yourself it will be blind belief only...
It will not be reliable.

Therefore...
if you really want to know there is no other option than trying it out yourself.

I have experience regarding carbs otherwise I wouldn't have posted anything about it.
Sadly that won't help you one bit.
Just like some study won't help you one bit.

The only thing that will bring you a step further regarding this matter is personal experience.

Set it up, son.
 ;D

©

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2016, 10:59:46 AM »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"sloppy asshole" ahahahaha....
?

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2016, 11:00:41 AM »
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"sloppy asshole" ahahahaha....

LOL!!!
©

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
 There is no nutritionally value in pure fat carbs or protein.

Simple Simon

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2016, 03:58:15 PM »
There is no nutritionally value in pure fat carbs or protein.
So ,  amino acids have no nutritional value?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »
So ,  amino acids have no nutritional value?

Nope and now you may ( but I doubt) be understanding what I am talking about. Eat nothing but amino acids olive oil and glucose tabs for a few weeks. Make sure to get your minimum calories and see what happens.

Simple Simon

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »
Nope and now you may ( but I doubt) be understanding what I am talking about. Eat nothing but amino acids olive oil and glucose tabs for a few weeks. Make sure to get your minimum calories and see what happens.
That doesn't equate to them having no nutritional value.
Protein contains amino acids, amino acids contain nutritional value, as such your statement claiming protein has no nutritional value is incorrect.
Not only do amino acids have nutritional value they are essential for life, without them you would not survive.

Your analogy is like saying vitamins have no nutritional value, just take a multivit and drink olive oil and glucose tabs, its dumb.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »
if thats true then sweetcorn is the slowest burning of all.
Its down to the molecular build up of the carb, carbs made up of simple sugars are broken down much faster.
Eat a candy bar and watch your veins blow up, eat a potato and watch nothing happen.

i eat a candy bar and a potato and check my glucometer and the reading is the same

Simple Simon

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2016, 04:16:12 PM »
i eat a candy bar and a potato and check my glucometer and the reading is the same
and it comes as no surprise to me that you own a glucometer.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »
That doesn't equate to them having no nutritional value.
Protein contains amino acids, amino acids contain nutritional value, as such your statement claiming protein has no nutritional value is incorrect.
Not only do amino acids have nutritional value they are essential for life, without them you would not survive.

Your analogy is like saying vitamins have no nutritional value, just take a multivit and drink olive oil and glucose tabs, its dumb.

Macros in their pure form can not sustain life. All this talk about a carb is a carb it pointless and everyone is missing the point.