Author Topic: Dos Anjos the out of fight against McGregor  (Read 25817 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Dos Anjos the out of fight against McGregor
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2016, 02:42:06 PM »
Its better to lose to the best fighter than a nobody, in this sport, anyone can lose, you are an idiot if you think Connor is immortal.  Again, I have him beating Nate, but anything is possible

He won't gain shit by beating nate. He won't gain shit by beating anyone except the top 3 contenders, that's why he wanted to fight dos anjos right away, but he went running. Just like aldo did. And aldo ran again because his chin is still hurting. I'm impressed how so many high level fighters declined to fight connor. Nate was the only real option at this point, connor isn't a free tv fighter like the rest.

No I don't say his immortal, I just say what's right

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
He won't gain shit by beating nate. He won't gain shit by beating anyone except the top 3 contenders, that's why he wanted to fight dos anjos right away, but he went running. Just like aldo did. And aldo ran again because his chin is still hurting. I'm impressed how so many high level fighters declined to fight connor. Nate was the only real option at this point, connor isn't a free tv fighter like the rest.

No I don't say his immortal, I just say what's right

I agree, he won't gain by beating nate, but What if he loses to nate,  the stocks would come tumbling down.  I'd rather have him lose to the top guys then guys like nate
I

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
This^^^If Conner was worried, he would have made Diaz cut weight for the fight to get paid. He didn't. In fact, he gave Diaz even more weight so he doesn't have to cut at all. That had to of fucked with Diaz head. And the steroid comment was the most retarded comment I think i've ever heard at a conference. Just a really dumb thing to say...That comment was a projecting comment coming from Diaz and his "team"...

;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2016, 03:00:26 PM »
I agree, he won't gain by beating nate, but What if he loses to nate,  the stocks would come tumbling down.  I'd rather have him lose to the top guys then guys like nate

Well, that's true, but connor needs to live up to his name and fight anyone they put infront of him.

Like connor said when they replaced aldo with mendez; "Why would I be bothered if they replace the number one guy with number two?"

Nate is like... 70th :D... lol, but you get it. Connor has to fight when the date is scheduled. If the master goes running and a free tv fighter replaces him, connor has to take it. Connor knows that's what fans also want to see ,I would boo the hell out of connor if he fights only twice a year like aldo or mayweather.

He's a true champion, that's how champions do business in the fight game and that's one of the main reasons connor is the best imo because he wants to be active and fight the best, but if the best breaks a toe and needs to run away he will still fight anyone else they put infront of him.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2016, 03:17:39 PM »
Diaz has a chance if he gets it to the ground and locks in a choke, but he's too stupid to do this and will be coaxed into keeping it standing by Conor and get tkod in the first or second.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2016, 03:19:17 PM »
Diaz has a chance if he gets it to the ground and locks in a choke, but he's too stupid to do this and will be coaxed into keeping it standing by Conor and get tkod in the first or second.

yeah because nate is known for his ground game ;D

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2016, 03:25:30 PM »
8submission wins towards conors 0. Both diaz brothers are bjj black belts under Cesar gracie

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »
8submission wins towards conors 0. Both diaz brothers are bjj black belts under Cesar gracie

Ok. In that case connor is obviously going to lose.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »
I am a big McGregor fan, but I think he was intimidated by nate.  this could be the end of his run.

As a fight fan I would like it to go past the first round and be a decent fight but Nate did not have a camp, is not in shape and fighting on short notice. 

I don't get all the arguing. Cowboy would have at least been in shape.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:03 PM »
Conor talks a lot of shit about not caring about weightclasses but the truth is that weight really does matter.  It matters in boxing and it definitely matters in mma.  He's a great fighter and creates fun drama, but don't be surprised if he struggles against a much heavier opponent than he's used to in Diaz.  I've seen it time and time again, a guy that can hurt guys in a certain weight class moves up a couple classes and all of a sudden the fighters can absorb his shots much better.  Perhaps this won't be the case, but I do believe it's a real possibility.

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »

all roids lol diaz caalls him out

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2016, 03:40:41 PM »
Conor talks a lot of shit about not caring about weightclasses but the truth is that weight really does matter.  It matters in boxing and it definitely matters in mma.  He's a great fighter and creates fun drama, but don't be surprised if he struggles against a much heavier opponent than he's used to in Diaz.  I've seen it time and time again, a guy that can hurt guys in a certain weight class moves up a couple classes and all of a sudden the fighters can absorb his shots much better.  Perhaps this won't be the case, but I do believe it's a real possibility.

I'm a fan of true fighters. People hate connor because they are jealouse, period.

Since when have you seen a fighter wanting to fight everyone and anyone? I can't see mayweather all of a sudden fight x after preparing for y. Mcgregor is a real champion, a real fighter, he does it right. If he loses he loses with honor, he didn't duck or hide noone.

The fight I really want to see is connor vs lawler  :P

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2016, 03:42:50 PM »
I'm a fan of true fighters. People hate connor because they are jealouse, period.

Since when have you seen a fighter wanting to fight everyone and anyone? I can't see mayweather all of a sudden fight x after preparing for y. Mcgregor is a real champion, a real fighter, he does it right. If he loses he loses with honor, he didn't duck or hide noone.

I will be flamed for this and its not just cos im Irish but I think conor is a horrible match for lawlor, I think Condit or GSP would beat Conor though. This weekend keep an eye out for Tom Breese on the UK card

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
And my prediction for UFC196
Conor by tko vs diaz in round 1 or 2
At the press conference nate says he doesn't give a fuck about losing as hes now a millionaire
Conor will be matched to fight at UFC200, that will likely be against Dos anjos or Lawlor I reckon and Ronda gets beaten badly again vs holm

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »

Oh don't even get me started on gayweather  ;D
I know Mcgregor doesn't care about weight, and I agree that is great to see in this modern age of fighting sports.  I was simply implying that weight does matter, and it very possibly could play a big role in his fights if he continues to fight at 170.  With that being said, if he wins the 170 belt do you think he would eye 185?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2016, 03:49:48 PM »
I know Mcgregor doesn't care about weight, and I agree that is great to see in this modern age of fighting sports.  I was simply implying that weight does matter, and it very possibly could play a big role in his fights if he continues to fight at 170.  With that being said, if he wins the 170 belt do you think he would eye 185?
I think 185 is a step too far, Conor isn't in this for the long term, I wouldn't be surprised if he never defends his BW belt and stays at 155 and 170 for a few fights and a few million and goes on to hollywood

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »

Yes weight does matter, obviously. But IF he wins the 170 belt... you know, with todays medicine and connors buddhist meditation I could see him climbing up there as well :D

I will be flamed for this and its not just cos im Irish but I think conor is a horrible match for lawlor, I think Condit or GSP would beat Conor though. This weekend keep an eye out for Tom Breese on the UK card

On paper I think so too. Lawler is just too fucking bad ass right now. He has been in super wars, half dead but still having dynamite in his punches and kicks. BUT he was knocked out by nate diaz with a perfectly timed punch to the chin. Almost like how mcgregor did aldo. He was also punishing lawler. You can argue that lawler was younger and less experienced.... but yeah so was nate :D

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »
Yes weight does matter, obviously. But IF he wins the 170 belt... you know, with todays medicine and connors buddhist meditation I could see him climbing up there as well :D

On paper I think so too. Lawler is just too fucking bad ass right now. He has been in super wars, half dead but still having dynamite in his punches and kicks. BUT he was knocked out by nate diaz with a perfectly timed punch to the chin. Almost like how mcgregor did aldo. He was also punishing lawler. You can argue that lawler was younger and less experienced.... but yeah so was nate :D

Nate never fought lawlor, it was nick diaz

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2016, 03:58:22 PM »
Nate never fought lawlor, it was nick diaz

oh shit! you're right, never mind

well, that being said, nate is like the bumb version of nick, so...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2016, 04:21:48 PM »
I hope Diaz kicks the living shit out of McGregor.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »
He won't though

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »

I honestly think connor should play this as his entrance song when he marches in the octagon next time :D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »

Me too but I'm so glad I didn't drop the grand on the ticket!  When I do make a trip out would love to see your gym.

We can compare our plus 50 physiques.  ;)

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2016, 05:40:29 PM »
anybody can get lucky

Dan Henderson KO's Fedor
Matt Serra Beats GSP
Tito Ortiz beats Bader
Randleman (rip) KOs Crocop
Franklin KOs Liddell
Jeremy Stephens KOs RDA

Though I hope it doesn't happen.