Author Topic: How much volume is too much ???  (Read 8605 times)

tuna999

• Getbig I
How much volume is too much ???
« on: March 21, 2016, 03:43:06 AM »
Just wondering if you guys up the volume on cycle I'm currently doing around 20 sets per large body part I.e back legs chest and around 8-12 sets for smaller muscles just want to know if you think that's too much ??? I follow a basic split each body part getting trained once every 7 days and I'm running test deca and dbol at the moment any replies comments welcome cheers

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Re: How much volume is too much ???
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:49:54 AM »
Thats not 2 much imo but depends on excersize selection and training style(training to failure?), experience alot of things depend on if it's 2 much for me that would b right but I'm training the last set to fail on each excersize...so for back  mayb 5 total sets to failure. The first sets of each excersize are more warm ups if u will for me, leading up to failure set.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 03:25:09 AM »
If your arms fall off it was too much...

Seriously. Is this really the state of the training board?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »
20 sets is fine on gear, try alternating 6 to 8 weeks of volume with 2 of intensity

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 08:03:43 AM »
20 sets is fine, natty or not. It still works. Don't get caught in the myth that natty's can't train with high volume, they can. The ones who can't are lazy looking for short cuts. If you're growing keep doing it.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 05:17:56 AM »
When you get to the point you cant use a weight heavy enough to stimulate growth.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 03:23:04 AM »
Just wondering if you guys up the volume on cycle I'm currently doing around 20 sets per large body part I.e back legs chest and around 8-12 sets for smaller muscles just want to know if you think that's too much ??? I follow a basic split each body part getting trained once every 7 days and I'm running test deca and dbol at the moment any replies comments welcome cheers

i like 20 sets (5 exercise) for large bodypart, 12 (3 exercise) for small group. The first exercise is a basic, with goal in rep/weight, and generally 4/5 min rest, rep range 5/10, the second exercise rest is 3 min, the two last the rest is 1 min and rep range 12/15.
asstropin

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 03:29:38 AM »
The volume of your training must fit with your lifestyle & your genetics.....Point 1 is up to you....Point 2 you have to deal with......

the more you train the more you need "food" and sleep, and more water intake.....there´s also a difference if you use hormones or anabolics, or you train strictly natural.

Also an option is to work out some weeks with a high volume, and than cut down to a medium or low volume for some time. You must take care of the Bodys signals and if your training is going well or if you reach a plateau.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 05:39:02 AM »
Depends on the intensity you achieve in every set, and obviously on ones genetic tolerance to exercise.

Read about mike mentzers heavy duty. Great perspective on training methods.

Bigmacdaddy18

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 05:22:02 PM »
20 sets...really? What are you doing for 19 of those sets? If you ain't got a pump going after 6-8 sets something is wrong. Train to get pumped, blood into the muscle then leave. Anything more than 12 sets is a waste of energy.

That's my opinion.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 08:01:53 AM »
20 sets...really? What are you doing for 19 of those sets? If you ain't got a pump going after 6-8 sets something is wrong. Train to get pumped, blood into the muscle then leave. Anything more than 12 sets is a waste of energy.

That's my opinion.

You're opinion is wrong. 6-8 sets is just a warm up. Volume is going to make the muscle grow, not a pump.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:39:27 AM »
The question is.....can you eat the amount of Food your Body needs to grow for the volume you are training.

your blood pressure, your heart rate (relaxed) also can tell if you maybe overtraining. Many People also "under-feeded" "under-rested" in relation to the amount they are working out.