Author Topic: Another shooting...  (Read 6724 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Another shooting...
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 02:03:19 PM »
Bay...straw...??? Is there a point to this thread?

LOL - TonyMcDunce shows up to remind us how confused he is

check the title of the article in the first post and see if you can solve the mystery

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 05:14:12 PM »
So You and bay just want us to be aware of current events?

Thanks, I get it...that's really nice of you two

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:28 PM »
http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/homeowner-shoots-intruder-during-attempted-home-invasion/

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (March 24, 2016) – A homeowner shot an intruder who tried to break into her Indianapolis home Thursday afternoon.

According to police dispatchers, officers received the call around 12:10 p.m. from a home in the 3200 block of West Banta Road. Family members told FOX59 that an infant was in the home when it happened. A mother heard the burglar get into the home through a window and then took out her pistol.

“She heard the window get busted and she called her husband and said I think somebody’s breaking in the house,” said Edsel Ballard, the woman’s father.

“He broke in through the baby’s window, ok, and when he was coming out the door, my sister was coming out her bedroom door, he aimed and shot at her first and then she shot him,” said Eddie Ballard, the woman’s brother.

The woman exchanged gunfire with the burglar, family members said, and the intruder was hit multiple times. He was taken to an Indianapolis hospital, police said. Dispatchers said the intruder was also carrying zip ties and a walkie-talkie.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/homeowner-shoots-intruder-during-attempted-home-invasion/

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (March 24, 2016) – A homeowner shot an intruder who tried to break into her Indianapolis home Thursday afternoon.

According to police dispatchers, officers received the call around 12:10 p.m. from a home in the 3200 block of West Banta Road. Family members told FOX59 that an infant was in the home when it happened. A mother heard the burglar get into the home through a window and then took out her pistol.

“She heard the window get busted and she called her husband and said I think somebody’s breaking in the house,” said Edsel Ballard, the woman’s father.

“He broke in through the baby’s window, ok, and when he was coming out the door, my sister was coming out her bedroom door, he aimed and shot at her first and then she shot him,” said Eddie Ballard, the woman’s brother.

The woman exchanged gunfire with the burglar, family members said, and the intruder was hit multiple times. He was taken to an Indianapolis hospital, police said. Dispatchers said the intruder was also carrying zip ties and a walkie-talkie.

this sort of thing happens countless times and is only reported in local news outlets.
the Lefties will just stick their fingers in their ears and pretend it doesn't exist

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 03:52:33 PM »
this sort of thing happens countless times and is only reported in local news outlets.
the Lefties will just stick their fingers in their ears and pretend it doesn't exist
Yup but you get an idiot who gets shot with her own guns and morons think that it's news worthy and needs to be brought to people's attention

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 07:00:00 PM »
yeah that's a real mystery

the answer was hidden in the story in the first post

The lady was clearly and idiot. I don't care how safe you think you're making things, don't let a four year old practice shooting a weapon. A lot of good those lessons did him.

To the quoted text, maybe he was thinking if the kid was properly strapped in, he couldn't pick a gun off a floor. I have two small children, and unless they contract an extreme case of marfans syndrome, they're not reaching anything on the floor. Either way, this parent is a moron and hopefully social services investigates.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 10:32:33 PM »
What's the point...I've seen a E7 Green Beret shoot his boot because he thought a weapon was unloaded. She is at fault, not for having a weapon but for not securing it and her child. Her failure is not being a 2nd Amendment supporter but because she is a dumbass.
This ^^

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 07:12:35 AM »
Yup but you get an idiot who gets shot with her own guns and morons think that it's news worthy and needs to be brought to people's attention

all they can do is cherry-pick the few freak anomalies, because the overall statistics make them look like complete fools and they know it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »
The lady was clearly and idiot. I don't care how safe you think you're making things, don't let a four year old practice shooting a weapon. A lot of good those lessons did him.

To the quoted text, maybe he was thinking if the kid was properly strapped in, he couldn't pick a gun off a floor. I have two small children, and unless they contract an extreme case of marfans syndrome, they're not reaching anything on the floor. Either way, this parent is a moron and hopefully social services investigates.

Pray_4_War said he was too lazy to bother reading the short article or maybe that was just an excuse and he actually doesn't have the attention span to read more than a few sentences.

For some reason a few people on this board think this story is somehow about 2nd amendment rights when it's really about another gun loving idiot who was careless, actually that's too light.   Incredibly reckless and I suppose criminally negligent since they want to charge her with a second-degree misdemeanor charge of allowing a minor access to a firearm.

I guess it could have been worse. The poor kid could have just as easily shot her in the head.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 02:36:55 PM »
For some reason a few people on this board think this story is somehow about 2nd amendment rights when it's really about another gun loving idiot who was careless 
Yea there's no telling why people see this as political instead of just an FYI post...you know OTHER THAN IT BEING POSTED ON A POLITICS BOARD!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 07:04:09 PM »
Yea there's no telling why people see this as political instead of just an FYI post...you know OTHER THAN IT BEING POSTED ON A POLITICS BOARD!!!

Stawman got owned!  Deal with it!   ::)

Hahaha.....derp!

(BayGBM this is what you sound like)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »
Pray_4_War said he was too lazy to bother reading the short article or maybe that was just an excuse and he actually doesn't have the attention span to read more than a few sentences.

Straw still hammering away one the one sad point he has been able to make in this thread.  Pretending not to see the deeper political meaning of the thread.

A broken record, repeating himself.  Just taking that victory lap.  A lone troll, reminiscing about a previous post where he amused himself.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 11:57:20 PM »
Ouch!  :-[

Ouch what? Is it the guns fault or the parents? Holy shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »

yeah ?

so what?

that doesn't automatically make this story about the 2nd amendment

The only mention of the 2nd amendment is the idiotic woman's prior delusions that the government is coming to confiscate her guns

you seem to think any story that includes the word "gun" is automatically challenging the right the bear arms

In this case the story was about the extreme negligence of a self professed gun nut

The only thing politically consistent in this story is the stupidity of right wingers, the one in the story and the ones that posted on this thread

btw - non-political stuff is posted on this board all the time just like political stuff is posted on the G&O Board.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
yeah ?

so what?

that doesn't automatically make this story about the 2nd amendment

The only mention of the 2nd amendment is the idiotic woman's prior delusions that the government is coming to confiscate her guns

you seem to think any story that includes the word "gun" is automatically challenging the right the bear arms

In this case the story was about the extreme negligence of a self professed gun nut

The only thing politically consistent in this story is the stupidity of right wingers, the one in the story and the ones that posted on this thread

btw - non-political stuff is posted on this board all the time just like political stuff is posted on the G&O Board. 

::) lol you're a special kind of stupid

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »
::) lol you're a special kind of stupid

translation = you know you're wrong and can't defend yourself

Title of the article is:   "Her 4-year-old son accidentally shot her. Now, this gun-loving mom may be facing jail time"

Hmm.... I wonder what the subject of the aricle is ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 05:42:43 PM »
translation = you know you're wrong and can't defend yourself

Title of the article is:   "Her 4-year-old son accidentally shot her. Now, this gun-loving mom may be facing jail time"

Hmm.... I wonder what the subject of the aricle is ?

Yes I'm wrong for thinking a thread posted on a politics board about guns has anything to do with the second ammendment...like I said, a special kind of stupid

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 10:13:04 AM »
Yes I'm wrong for thinking a thread posted on a politics board about guns has anything to do with the second ammendment...like I said, a special kind of stupid

tell us what it has to do with the 2nd amendment

let's review the fact of the story once again

paranoid gun nut leaves a loaded gun where her child can access and and the child shoots her in the back and now she is facing criminal charges

other than the fact that a gun was involved the subject of the story is about this idiots criminal negligence.

Not every story that includes the word "gun" is about the second amendment but if you believe that somehow that is the subject of this story then free to connect the dots

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2016, 11:07:48 AM »
Authorities make decision on gun-lovin' mom shot by son
by the Associated Press

PALATKA, Fla. -- A Florida woman whose 4-year-old son shot her in the back as they rode in her pickup truck will avoid prosecution and any jail time if she satisfies a number of conditions detailed in an agreement announced Friday.

In the deferred prosecution agreement reached with the state attorney's office in Sanford, Jamie Lynn Gilt, 31, agreed to complete a gun safety course, install a mounted holster in her vehicle and provide proof of safe storage of firearms in her home. Gilt also must give 10 speeches about the March 8 shooting and the need to safely secure firearms, according to a news release issued by the state attorney's office on Friday.

The agreement did not specify where the speeches would be given.

Prosecutors say Gilt's son, Lane, was riding in the booster seat when he unbuckled himself and picked up a loaded .45-caliber handgun he found on the floorboard. He fired it through the front seat, striking his mother in the back. He wasn't injured.

Gilt has recovered from her injuries.

Gilt is apparently a gun lover who made numerous social media postings about gun rights, including one about teaching her son to shoot. A community Facebook page listed under Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense was filled with posts advocating for gun rights, including a quote that said "My right to protect my child with my gun trumps your fear of my gun." The Associated Press was unable to verify whether the page, which has since been taken down, belonged to Gilt.

If Gilt complies with the agreement, prosecutors said the charge of unsafe storage of a firearm will be dismissed.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2016, 03:02:36 PM »
Editorial: No guilt for Jamie Lynn Gilt?

State Attorney R.J. Larizza’s office announced Friday that a deferred prosecution deal was penned for a 31-year-old Jacksonville mom who made global headlines last month when she was shot by her 4-year-old son.

Jaime Lynn Gilt was hospitalized March 8 when a Putnam County Sheriff’s deputy noticed her pickup truck parked partially in the travel lane around 3 p.m. and the driver motioning for help.

He found her shot in back behind the wheel. The only other occupant in the car was the 4-year-old. The bullet had entered the rear of the driver’s side seat, hit her in the lower back and exited out her abdomen. The gun was recovered in the floorboard of the truck.

Subsequently, deputies determined that Gilt, a gun rights activist, had been shot by her son.

The warrant affidavit said in part: “Jamie Gilt did leave a loaded firearm in a vehicle where she knew or reasonably should have known that a minor child could gain access to the firearm without said firearm being secured in a locked box or container secured with a trigger lock, resulting in a minor child gaining access to the firearm contrary to Florida Statute 790.194.”

The Department of Children and Families was brought into the case. Gilt was charged with a second-degree misdemeanor. What the detectives were able to piece together was that Gilt had placed a .45 caliber handgun under her seat. The gun apparently slid into the floor of the backseat, then the child slipped out of his restraints, picked it up and fired it. The incident was reported as an accident, but it was no accident that the boy knew how to fire the weapon. Gilt has posted on her Facebook page, “Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense” that “Even my 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22.” Of course, there’s no law that says a mom can’t teach a her baby to handle a firearm.

The mother was found by our 7th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s office to be “licensed and lawfully permitted to carry the firearm that slid from the front floorboard of her vehicle and into the hands of the toddler.”

The Record is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights. But this case pushes the boundaries, from where we sit. Gun rights activists, more than anyone, ought to know how and when to safely store or stow a weapon. That boy could have just as easily pointed the gun in opposite direction. Or — especially given the ballistically traumatic capability of a .45-caliber weapon — the child might have grown up without a mother. Or, perhaps worse yet, knowing that he’d been responsible for her death.

What was Jamie Gilt’s deal? She’ll have to take a gun safety course, provide proof of safe storage of firearms at her home and give 10 public speeches relating to the incident.

The final requirement is, however, curious. No. It’s absurd. The mother will also be required to “install a mounted holster in her vehicle,” according to the executed agreement.

Let’s hope the toddler hasn’t been tutored in quick draw as well.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 03:08:16 PM »
Pro-gun mom STOLE five pairs of shorts worth $455 and tried to sneak them out of a Florida store in her child's stroller
By Darren Boyle for MailOnline and Laura Collins In Palatka, Florida For Dailymail.com
March 11, 2016

A Florida mom shot by her four-year old son while driving in Florida stole almost $500 worth of shorts using her baby's stroller as cover.

Jamie Gilt, 30, was arrested by Jacksonville Sheriff's Department on April 4, 2013 after she was detained by security guards at Dillard's department store in the town.

The prominent gun rights activist was spotted stuffing children's clothes into her purse and hiding the bag in the child's stroller.

She was arrested by Jacksonville Sheriff's Department and charged with a felony count Grand Theft Retail.

Officers released her on a bond of $2,503 pending a court hearing.  

According to her arrest report: 'The suspect entered the Juniors department of Dillard, selected several clothing items and concealed them in the purse she was carrying.

'The suspect then placed her purse in the stroller she was pushing and then attempted to exit the store without paying in an attempt to appropriate the property as her own.

'The suspect was detained by loss protection personnel and the property, totaling $455 was recovered.

'The suspect was arrested on the above charge and transported to the Duval County Jail.'

According to official records Gilt stole five pairs of shorts worth $89 each from the store.

Gilt, who attended the Grace Christian Academy has a tattoo of two horseshoes with a rose on her left ankle as well as a scar on her forehead.

At the time of the theft, according to records held by Duval County Court, Gilt was unemployed and was granted a public defender attorney.

In November 2013, court records show Gilt completed a 'Felony pre-trial intervention program'.

Michael Monroe Kirkland, Assistant State Attorney wrote to the clerk of the circuit court in Duval County announcing that the state was dropping charges against Gilt after she successfully completed the course.

Gilt is currently recovering in hospital after her son picked up her loaded .45 semi-automatic handgun which was lying in the back seat of her truck and opened fire.

One round passed through the seat, entering Gilt's body through her back before the powerful bullet exited through her stomach.

Earlier Gilt's mother Jane Bramble, 71 said: 'It was just a freakish accident, Jamie’s done nothing wrong.

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here.

Speaking to Daily Mail Online from the family's home in Palatka, Florida, Mrs Bramble claimed her daughter was facing 'a long road to recovery.'

She said her grandson, who pulled the trigger, was 'watching cartoons'.

Mrs Bramble continued: ‘She grew up with guns and I grew up with guns. This is the country – if you see something come onto your property what are you going to do? Shoot it. If I see a rattlesnake come up here I’ll blow it to bits. What would you do?

‘If they try to take our guns from us they’ll just go into the hands of criminals. People own guns here, it’s our way of life – hunting and shooting. But I’d still own a gun if I lived in New York City.’

Mrs Bramble admitted that the whole family had been shocked and troubled by the shooting that happened on Tuesday morning.

Fighting back emotion she said: ‘Of course I’m upset. Just think what could have happened.’

But she insisted that her daughter – who may yet face criminal charges of negligence for allowing her gun to fall into her son’s hands – had no crime to answer to.

She said: ‘The Sheriff hasn’t spoken to her as far as I know. Why would he? And they’ve not spoken to him either,’ she added pointing at her blonde-haired grandson.

As she spoke he held a plastic T-Rex toy up like a gun, taking aim and rapidly pulling the trigger to make it snap.

Mrs Bramble revealed that she did not know when her daughter would be released from the University of Florida Hospital in Gainesville where she was rushed following the incident.

She explained: ‘Mark [the boy’s father] has been at her bedside all the time since it happened and she’s in the best care but they won’t say when she’ll get out.

‘It will be a long road to recovery and this is something that we’re all united in.’

Mrs Bramble went onto read a prepared statement in which the family expressed thanks for all the prayers and support they have received.

She said: ‘I’ve had phone calls from people I haven’t heard from in years. People are being supportive; they know this is our way of life.

‘Of course you have to be respectful of guns. You can’t just get angry and pull your gun on somebody but this was just an accident and we just want to get over it as a family.'

Gilt hosted the Facebook page Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense, which has since been removed from the internet since the shooting.  

Putnam County Sheriff's investigators are still trying to determine how the boy got his hands on the gun they say he used to shoot his mother.

Gilt owns the .45-caliber gun the boy fired on Tuesday afternoon, Putnam County Sheriff's Office spokesman Joseph Wells said.

Wells said a deputy saw her behaving frantically inside the truck, which was stopped partially in the road. The deputy then saw she'd been shot in the back and the bullet had exited from her stomach area, Wells said.

Gilt told deputies her son had accidentally shot her, according to Wells. She was taken to a hospital and was in stable condition, but investigators had not been able to interview her, Wells said.

The boy, who wasn't injured, is with relatives. The Florida Department of Children and Families also is investigating.

Before it was removed from public view, the 'Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense' Facebook page featured many posts from other pages supporting gun ownership and vilifying proposals for more gun control.

The short description of the page on Facebook said it was a place 'to connect people that share a common goal. That goal is to protect and expand our 2nd Amendment rights'.

After the news broke about Gilt's shooting, the posts appeared to be inundated with mocking comments from other Facebook users.

In comments posted March 7 to one post on the page, a user named Jamie Gilt wrote: 'I can promise though, if someone breaks into my house, or tries to harm me or my family pretty anywhere, they will be shot and most likely killed. It's my right to protect my life.'

The same user later replied to another comment about teaching children to shoot: 'All of ours know how to shoot too. Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22.'

Investigators are trying to determine whether to bring charges against Gilt.

Under Florida law, it is a misdemeanor for someone to store or leave a loaded gun where a child has access to it.

'They must keep firearms secured and locked,' Wells said.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 04:16:23 PM »
Lmfao what does this have to do with anything on the politics board?

For fucks sake dude

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »
Lmfao what does this have to do with anything on the politics board?

For fucks sake dude

do you know how many threads about guns you have started on this board ?

do a quick search and then tell us why all your threads belong here but this one doesn't

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »
‘My sister shot herself’: 5-year-old dies playing with father’s unsecured handgun
By Peter Holley

They had a day of family fun ahead of them.

Eric Moore, a father of three from LaPlace, La., was planning to take his kids out to eat before heading to the movie “Angry Birds.”

Before they left the house, police said, Moore jumped in the shower.

“The father said he was taking a shower when he heard a gunshot,” Lt. Greg Baker of the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office told NBC affiliate WDSU. “He got out of the shower, and that’s when he discovered that his daughter had accidentally shot herself.”

Five-year-old Haley Moore had been playing with her father’s handgun, police said. Moore told investigators that he had left his .45-caliber gun out on a table in the home, the station reported.

Baker told the station that the bullet entered Haley’s right chest and exited under her left arm.

Joy Ursin, a next-door neighbor, described a harrowing scene outside the Moore home about 9:30 a.m. Saturday.

“The officer pulled up,” Ursin told WDSU. “The kids ran out of the house screaming.”

Ursin told the station that she took the children into her home and tried to comfort them while paramedics performed CPR on their sibling next door. As the incident unfolded, police tried to comfort the father, according to the Times-Picayune.

“The oldest kid, she repeatedly said, ‘My sister shot herself. My sister shot herself. I don’t know if she’s going to be OK,’” Ursin told WDSU.

Moore was rushed to a hospital, where she died from her injuries, according to a statement posted on Facebook by the sheriff’s office.

The statement confirmed that, according to detectives, the handgun had not been secured at the time.

“The first thing that goes through your mind is that it’s a child and you want to do everything you can to help that child get through this ordeal,” Baker told CBS affiliate WWL.

Ursin told WDSU that the children’s parents are divorced and that they stay with their father every other weekend. She told the Times-Picayune that Moore is a responsible parent who took gun safety seriously. She told WDSU that Moore’s children were “aware” of their father’s guns but that anytime they were in his home, he put the firearms away.

She added that Haley was a “firecracker” who loved her father.

“All I can say is it’s an unfortunate thing because Eric is a disabled military veteran and one thing is he has his guns, but he’s not ignorant to the fact of the danger, especially when his kids are around,” Ursin told the Times-Picayune.

“He would always stress how he had to secure [them], what he had to go through when the kids came,” she added. “He made sure of that because he would get his kids every other weekend.”

So far in 2016, at least 94 children younger than 18 have picked up a firearm and accidentally shot themselves or someone else, according to data from Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun-control group funded by former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. The advocacy group, which compiles shooting data using news reports, found that 278 such shootings occurred in 2015.

In March, a Florida mother who bragged on Facebook that her 4-year-old son “gets jacked up to target shoot” was wounded when the child got his hands on a gun in the back seat of her vehicle and shot her in the back.

During one week in April, at least four children shot themselves with guns they found. A fifth child that week fatally shot his mother with a gun found in her car.

Moore’s death is still under investigation, police said. Baker told WDSU that investigators want to know what caused bruising on the skin between Haley’s thumb and finger. He noted that the discoloration could’ve been the result of the child’s skin being pinched by the slide of the weapon after it was fired.

“Safety, everything is safety,” Baker told the station. “If you’re the owner of a weapon, buy a safe box, a gun safe. That’s the way it is. Teach your kids. Teach your family about it.”

Ursin said Haley’s father was distraught.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »
Post all the sad little pics you want...

But if you try to take people's guns, your fa66ot ass will deservedly get killed, thus saving AIDS the trouble.

K