Author Topic: IFBB pro Beau Baisden - kidney failure  (Read 27632 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: IFBB pro Beau Baisden - kidney failure
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2016, 07:12:59 PM »
Corrupt harvester?

You think it's like the movies where you just call a couple guys from the black market and they get you a kidney ASAP? ???

It doesn't work that way. Those rumors are bull$hit. You just can't go around stealing kidneys like they were cellphones.  ::)

So you consider those involve in the black market recruiting organ donors as trusted and honest brokers?

I don't have the right to destroy someone else's life in order to save someone I love. I'd donate mine to my brother and that's it. My parents are old, they wouldn't let me do it for them.

So you would let a love one die rather than pay for a kidney.

And I'm the immoral one.

And destroy whose life? "It doesn't work that way. Those rumors are bull$shit." You should educate yourself before making uninformed comments. Again you missed the post where I mentioned a person who donated a kidney over twenty years ago and is doing fine just like the majority of those who donate kidneys in this country. And those in the third world would have the same medical conditions as those in this country if it was legal.

And you obviously missed this post as well. Again, please inform and educate yourself if you want to debate me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3559132/

The overall evidence suggests that living kidney donors have survival similar to that of nondonors and that their risk of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is not increased.

CONCLUSIONS

Survival and the risk of ESRD in carefully screened kidney donors appear to be similar to those in the general population. Most donors who were studied had a preserved GFR, normal albumin excretion, and an excellent quality of life.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »
So you haven't heard of Danny Padilla, Ken Waller, Samir Bannout?

You don't know who won the Mr. Olympia in 1980?

This is pretty obscure knowledge.

Only people who don't follow bodybuilding or have over 19,000 posts on a bodybuilding board would say they don't know this.

I do. But this is still pre-stupid.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »
Arguing on here isn't going to fix that and you know it. Don't strawman now, mate.

It was nothing more than a keen observation I made.

Nothing we debate here will fix anything. Is that why you think we have debates here? People share, exchange and debate ideas and policies all the time. That's how we learn and are expose to different ideas and perspective.

And it was not a keen observation. It was a fallacious one. Matters of life and death is not petty.

Well, at least not to me.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2016, 07:22:04 PM »
I do. But this is still pre-stupid.

You implied that you don't follow bodybuilding, yet you are on a bbing board with over 19,000 posts. You are very well aware of what is common knowledge to someone who follows bbing but completely obscure knowledge to one who doesn't.

Denying and lying about something that is clearly obvious with verifiable proof is what is stupid. Not sure what is "pre-stupid".

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2016, 07:27:52 PM »
Interesting Op Ed.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2008/01/16/hating_free_enterprise/page/2

Some highlights:

Why is selling an organ "radical"? Banning the sale of kidneys kills thousands of people a year. That should be considered "radical."

So giving someone a kidney is a good deed, but selling the same kidney is a felony.

The Kidney Foundation fears that poor people would be "exploited." But what gives the foundation the right to decide for poor people? The poor are as capable as others of deciding what trade-offs to make in life. No one forces them to give up an organ. To say the poor are too desperate to resist a dangerous temptation is patronizing.

That conceit -- that the government and "professional societies" must decide for all of us, and the underlying hostility toward commerce -- kills people.

Money shouldn't make giving up an organ suspect. As one kidney patient told me before he died, "The doctors make money, the hospitals make money, the organ procurement organizations make money. Everybody gets something except for the donor!"

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2016, 07:39:03 PM »
So you consider those involve in the black market recruiting organ donors as trusted and honest brokers?

So you would let a love one die rather than pay for a kidney.

And I'm the immoral one.

And destroy whose life? "It doesn't work that way. Those rumors are bull$shit." You should educate yourself before making uninformed comments. Again you missed the post where I mentioned a person who donated a kidney over twenty years ago and is doing fine just like the majority of those who donate kidneys in this country. And those in the third world would have the same medical conditions as those in this country if it was legal.

And you obviously missed this post as well. Again, please inform and educate yourself if you want to debate me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3559132/

The overall evidence suggests that living kidney donors have survival similar to that of nondonors and that their risk of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is not increased.

CONCLUSIONS

Survival and the risk of ESRD in carefully screened kidney donors appear to be similar to those in the general population. Most donors who were studied had a preserved GFR, normal albumin excretion, and an excellent quality of life.

Not going to debate your bull$hit.

Look, you doofus. There are far too many poor families from third world countries. Devalued currencies turn first-world people into very wealthy guys when they go to those countries.

It's not moral to take advantage from them. Don't copy paste me a link about life expectancy  ::) Quality of life is already very low in third world countries.

Poor, uneducated people would fall for it. They would probably use the money to build a house and that's it. How much money is the goverment going to spend on them? What a deal, huh? Moron.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2016, 07:55:41 PM »
Not going to debate your bull$hit.

Look, you doofus. There are far too many poor families from third world countries. Devalued currencies turn first-world people into very wealthy guys when they go to those countries.

It's not moral to take advantage from them. Don't copy paste me a link about life expectancy  ::) Quality of life is already very low in third world countries.

Poor, uneducated people would fall for it. They would probably use the money to build a house and that's it. How much money is the goverment going to spend on them? What a deal, huh? Moron.

Yes, and lets keep them poor by not allowing them access to real American dollars and real American medical treatment by keeping it in the corrupt black market.

And of course you can't debate me. You're not even close to my level of rational discourse. Hence the personal insults and epic meltdown.

You lose.

Next.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2016, 08:01:47 PM »
Yes, and lets keep them poor by not allowing them access to real American dollars and real American medical treatment by keeping it in the corrupt black market.

And of course you can't debate me. You're not even close to my level of rational discourse. Hence the personal insults and epic meltdown.

You lose.

Next.

I insult you cause I'm annoyed at your level of stupidity.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2016, 08:16:33 PM »
I insult you cause I'm annoyed at your level of stupidity.

Yet you can't refute my arguments.

You are uninformed and uneducated.

You're out of your league here.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:20 PM »
Yet you can't refute my arguments.

You are uninformed and uneducated.

You're out of your league here.

What arguments you idiot? You're in the same intellectual level as Wiggs and The Coach.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:36 PM »

This is ridiculous. Yeah, "give me one kidney, your quality of life is going to increase because I give you USD 50,000"

"Pan para hoy, hambre para mañana "Bread for today, hunger for tomorrow"

Poor people will build a house and that's it. You know what most poor people do for a living? Jobs involving physical effort. Are you gonna copy past  something to convince me that they would work as hard as always with one kidney less?

I'm from a third world country, I know people who work in banana plantations, doing strenous physical effort in a hot and sunny day, with 30 celsius degrees, 5-6 DAYS A WEEK, dehydrated as hell. You think giving them USD 50,000 for a kidney is going to improve their life in the long run?

And the medical treament they'd have to undergo, in the long run, goverments are going to pay A LOT. You still think is a great deal?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »
What arguments you idiot? You're in the same intellectual level as Wiggs and The Coach.

I have both a Bachelors and Masters from UCLA and if we both had to take an SAT cold I would humiliate you as I am doing now.

If we were in person and both given those "man on the street" interviews where they ask basic questions like "What century did the Civil War take place?' you would be laughably exposed as the uneducated ignoramus that you are.

Seriously, when was the last time you ever read a book?

But keep posting your meltdowns. It just continues to prove how I just crushed you mentally on this thread.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »
This is ridiculous. Yeah, "give me one kidney, your quality of life is going to increase because I give you USD 50,000"

"Pan para hoy, hambre para mañana "Bread for today, hunger for tomorrow"

Poor people will build a house and that's it. You know what most poor people do for a living? Jobs involving physical effort. Are you gonna copy past  something to convince me that they would work as hard as always with one kidney less?

I'm from a third world country, I know people who work in banana plantations, doing strenous physical effort in a hot and sunny day, with 30 celsius degrees, 5-6 DAYS A WEEK, dehydrated as hell. You think giving them USD 50,000 for a kidney is going to improve their life in the long run?

And the medical treament they'd have to undergo, in the long run, goverments are going to pay A LOT. You still think is a great deal?

And that explains your third world education.

Let people decide for themselves how 50  grand will effect their lives you fascist.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »
I have both a Bachelors and Masters from UCLA and if we both had to take an SAT cold I would humiliate you as I am doing now.

If we were in person and both given those "man on the street" interviews where they ask basic questions like "What century did the Civil War take place?' you would be laughably exposed as the uneducated ignoramus that you are.

Seriously, when was the last time you ever read a book?

But keep posting your meltdowns. It just continues to prove how I just crushed you mentally on this thread.

I have taken the TOEFL and GRE tests. Those are official american tests taken by the ETS (Educational Testing Service).

I did fvcking great on the TOEFL.

I did pretty, pretty well on the quantitative section of the GRE. The verbal section not so much (way harder than the TOEFL and english is not my first language). I have a degree in engineering.

You come off as an idiot. Hope this helps.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2016, 09:18:32 PM »

I have taken the TOEFL and GRE tests. Those are official american tests taken by the ETS (Educational Testing Service).

I did fvcking great on the TOEFL.

I did pretty, pretty well on the quantitative section of the GRE. The verbal section not so much (way harder than the TOEFL and english is not my first language). I have a degree in engineering.

You come off as an idiot. Hope this helps.

Keep melting. I sense a nervous break down coming.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »
And that explains your third world education.

Let people decide for themselves how 50  grand will effect their lives you fascist.

More like, it makes me aware how bad the idea is.  ;)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »
More like, it makes me aware how bad the idea is.  ;)

It didn't take much to get in your  head and own your little mind.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »
It didn't take much to get in your  head and own your little mind.

Yawn. Weak comeback.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
Yawn. Weak comeback.

It will be with some satisfaction that when you cry yourself to sleep tonight the last thing you will be thinking of will be me.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »
You ignore two very straight forward and relevant questions.

OK, so you are not interested in an honest debate just promoting your agenda and preconceived point of view.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2016, 01:11:51 AM »
 :D

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »
That's it. Let's settle this once and for all.

Everyone post up your SAT scores and bank accounts!

Run-off voting, if needed, will consist of pictures of your wife.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2016, 11:28:36 AM »
That's it. Let's settle this once and for all.

Everyone post up your SAT scores and bank accounts!

Run-off voting, if needed, will consist of pictures of your wife.

I'd love to see what effect that had on people's affect.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2016, 01:14:39 PM »
Does anyone know how this guy survived?  Black market trip to China, or legit?

T

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2016, 01:44:34 PM »
Mental illness of peace.