Author Topic: Crazy NONDRUG stuff you've done to improve your physique?  (Read 7239 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: Crazy NONDRUG stuff you've done to improve your physique?
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 09:00:42 PM »
lift weights

eat lots of protein

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 09:32:32 PM »
MHP's "T Bomb" product...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 04:33:34 AM »
Weider Mega Mass 5000
Any weight gainer
ZMA
HMB
Liver tabs
Animal Pak
Tribulus  ::)
Any and all non-steroid t-boosters

The list is endless. I've been buying snake oil for 30 years.

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 05:57:39 AM »
Believed in everything that came out of MM2000. Vanadyl, hmb, overpriced creatine/sugar drink and their ridiculous bench press program.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
Orange roughy and leaky anal oil.  Google it.
I've heard of that happening, but I'd think you'd need to eat nothing but orange roughy all day every day for that to happen. It happened to you from eating it once or twice a day? Or did you eat it as your only protein source?

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 11:36:10 AM »
6 meals a day
creatine
cell tech
"anabolic window" obsessions
following pro workouts in mags
sacrificing social life in college for "gains" (that never happened) = biggest life regret probably. fuck BBing and how it preys upon the young and niave

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Weider Mega Mass 5000
Any weight gainer
ZMA
HMB
Liver tabs
Animal Pak
Tribulus  ::)
Any and all non-steroid t-boosters

The list is endless. I've been buying snake oil for 30 years.

And I'm still looking for some snake oil to give me my pump back!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 11:41:21 AM »
6 meals a day
creatine
cell tech
"anabolic window" obsessions
following pro workouts in mags
sacrificing social life in college for "gains" (that never happened) = biggest life regret probably. fuck BBing and how it preys upon the young and niave

Speaking of obsessions, my mind is littered with many of these little bodybuilding related land mines based on bro science.  I read some article a hundred years ago that you should never cook your eggs very much because it makes the protein less viable or something.  But I hate runny eggs.  I haven't cooked an egg in decades without feeling guilty.  (So fucked up).

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 11:42:50 AM »
Speaking of obsessions, my mind is littered with many of these little bodybuilding related land mines based on bro science.  I read some article a hundred years ago that you should never cook your eggs very much because it makes the protein less viable or something.  But I hate runny eggs.  I haven't cooked an egg in decades without feeling guilty.  (So fucked up).

yep BBing is a disease of the mind. once its rooted, its almost impossible to get rid of

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
Speaking of obsessions, my mind is littered with many of these little bodybuilding related land mines based on bro science.  I read some article a hundred years ago that you should never cook your eggs very much because it makes the protein less viable or something.  But I hate runny eggs.  I haven't cooked an egg in decades without feeling guilty.  (So fucked up).
how do you feel when i tell you that its actually the opposite and bioavailability increases by cooking them until hard? :D

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2016, 12:38:36 PM »
how do you feel when i tell you that its actually the opposite and bioavailability increases by cooking them until hard? :D

Thanks, but it doesn't matter. It seems to have been hard wired in my youth, similar to the effect of early trauma.  I don't even care about bioavailability anymore.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2016, 03:12:30 PM »
I've heard of that happening, but I'd think you'd need to eat nothing but orange roughy all day every day for that to happen. It happened to you from eating it once or twice a day? Or did you eat it as your only protein source?

I believe tommywishbone said it happened to that female bodybuilder Denise Rutkowski that now is a meth addict that keeps getting arresting and has chin hair. She leaked all over the gym floor supposedly. Within seconds, some schmoe probably ran over and lapped it up with his tongue 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »
I believe tommywishbone said it happened to that female bodybuilder Denise Rutkowski that now is a meth addict that keeps getting arresting and has chin hair. She leaked all over the gym floor supposedly. Within seconds, some schmoe probably ran over and lapped it up with his tongue 

It was delicious.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »
Yeah, I remember that post  :-X
I have a friend who turned pro a few years ago up here in Canada who ate orange roughy precontest and never mentioned leaky shits. Maybe she just had a bad reaction or was way overeating it?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 06:35:39 AM »
Mixed Baking Soda with a splash of vinegar and cranberry juice to help alleviate lactic acid buildup.  Let's just say all I got was a huge bloated belly and gas all day.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 06:47:07 AM »
not jerking off worked for me.... but i could never hold on to that more than 3 weeks. maybe i should go back to it. getting low t from it must be bullshit since i never felt so horny in my life than when i didn't jerk off. when i jerk off regularly i become lazy, apathetic and all around bored... also when i jerk off a lot i don't even want to jerk off after awhile and my erections become soft

the dumb shit i tried that didn't seem to have any effect in any way what so ever were creatine, tribulus and bcaas. yes i didn't notice any difference using bcaas, training results = same, motivation = same, focus = same than when i ate a lot of food and carbs

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:11 AM »
Creatine
Met-Rx

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2016, 01:38:14 PM »
My gift from my parents for high school graduation was going to Shawn Ray's "muscle camp" in Las Vegas. That is a story in and of itself, but I remember one night while at the hotel, I was adding up my protein intake for the day. I had read many times in Flex that you need to consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, and I followed that guideline like my life depended on it. Anyway, I realized that in the excitement of the day, I had somehow miscalculated my protein intake and was about 35 grams short. It was already around midnight and my parents were already asleep in their room, but I didn't have any money on me to buy food. So I pretty much started freaking out because I knew all of my hard earned gains would go right out the window if I didn't hit my required protein intake for the day. So I walked over to my parents room and started banging on their door like there was some major emergency going on. They woke up and I explained to them the situation and that I needed money to buy something with at least 35 grams of protein. I remember my mom looking at me like I was an idiot, and she told me to just eat more protein with breakfast the next morning. Then I looked at her like she was crazy and explained that by waiting I'd miss my anabolic window. So she ended up giving me her credit card and I went downstairs to the hotel gift shop and bought some beef jerky that would cover my protein needs for the day. As I swallowed down that last piece of beef jerky, I drew a sigh of relief....crisis averted!!

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2016, 02:22:04 PM »
Let ye who has not taken a liver tab casteth the first stone!

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »
My gift from my parents for high school graduation was going to Shawn Ray's "muscle camp" in Las Vegas. That is a story in and of itself, but I remember one night while at the hotel, I was adding up my protein intake for the day. I had read many times in Flex that you need to consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, and I followed that guideline like my life depended on it. Anyway, I realized that in the excitement of the day, I had somehow miscalculated my protein intake and was about 35 grams short. It was already around midnight and my parents were already asleep in their room, but I didn't have any money on me to buy food. So I pretty much started freaking out because I knew all of my hard earned gains would go right out the window if I didn't hit my required protein intake for the day. So I walked over to my parents room and started banging on their door like there was some major emergency going on. They woke up and I explained to them the situation and that I needed money to buy something with at least 35 grams of protein. I remember my mom looking at me like I was an idiot, and she told me to just eat more protein with breakfast the next morning. Then I looked at her like she was crazy and explained that by waiting I'd miss my anabolic window. So she ended up giving me her credit card and I went downstairs to the hotel gift shop and bought some beef jerky that would cover my protein needs for the day. As I swallowed down that last piece of beef jerky, I drew a sigh of relief....crisis averted!!

That's pretty typical for a getbigger tbh.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2016, 02:31:23 PM »
ZMA
HMB
Liver tabs
Animal Pak
Tribulus

I think i was on this same "stack" in college.  Those Animal ads really inspired me actually. 

Xenadrine and Ripped Fuel when they first came out "Ma Huang" is natural right?)
L-Arginine

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2016, 02:37:07 PM »
i started foam rolling and i feel my hams are less stiff and back is doing better
^^
Same with me, it really works on my upper back & neck!!!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »

A lot of the Bro science is pretty accurate except for the important detail they leave out of all of the drugs they're also taking.  Carb timing is only important if you're running insulin, but seeing people time their carbs as a natural is idiotic.  Eating certain calories when you're jacked on Tren and HGH is highly importing if you're bulking because your metabolism is a fucking furnace.  But they also left out those details in FLEX.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2016, 03:21:58 PM »
tony freemen stick vits up his ass or something.

tourniquet training is the scary shit i heard about recently.  That shit is stupid.
A

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2016, 06:48:30 PM »
Every supplement I have ever taken. I will say out of everything from protein powders to vitamins the only thing I can say that worked for me was creatine.  I might be a super reactor to it because I have heard so many guy say it did nothing to them. I started getting  bad kidney blood work back and the doctor told me to stop taking it. He said it was filtered out through the kidneys. I gave it up and the kidney tests came back normal. In before someone tells me that creatinine is the by product of using creatine so that's throwing of the tests..