Author Topic: Prince dead at 57  (Read 50173 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Prince dead at 57
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2016, 07:00:45 AM »
Last night I read Prince had the AIDS.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:40 AM »

You mean the 80's illness ?

WoooSHHHHHH

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »
You mean the 80's illness ?

WoooSHHHHHH

Yes. Maybe he inadvertently sucked a dirty cocko.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »
 :D

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »

Sheryl Crow shared this on Saturday morning, April 23rd.
Video is from the monitors at the show, audio is direct from the console the information advises. "Everyday Is A Winding Road" with nice guitar solo by Prince.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2016, 12:23:07 PM »
Absolute legend
wrote tons of hits for other artists
was in his own genre of music and his own style and did it well.
and even if you didnt like his voice, he rocked the guitar as well as anyone.

I thought the era of purple rain was just great, that style the attitude the appreciation of music

theres nothing like that today or ever will be again.

"Controversy"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2016, 12:33:56 PM »

I saw this too....on the cover of the Inquirer or its like while I was in the checkout line at the grocery store.  ::)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
I saw this too....on the cover of the Inquirer or its like while I was in the checkout line at the grocery store.  ::)

The grocery store must have had a sale on butt plugs.
K

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2016, 12:32:07 AM »
Let's not get caught up in the moment.Whether he wrote them or not doesn't change the fact he had more top tier songs than prince, was a better singer, dancer, and had more charisma (Prince had plenty but Jackson was the greatest ever for this),was more popular and sold 3 times the records.Prince was a better at songwriting and playing the instruments.

Haha!!!  

And..... Newsflash.... The Toyota Camry is the best selling and most popular affordable sedan in America.... And it's a boring, appliance on wheels. What does that tell ya?

MJ was just an entertainer, Prince was the real musican

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2016, 02:58:31 AM »
Haha!!!  

And..... Newsflash.... The Toyota Camry is the best selling and most popular affordable sedan in America.... And it's a boring, appliance on wheels. What does that tell ya?

And they're both as dead as fried fucking chicken.

K

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2016, 03:16:52 AM »
Haha!!!  

Your comparison makes no sense, The Camry probably is so popular because of price/performance, cars are vastly different prices Einstein, albums generally cost the same.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2016, 06:12:10 AM »
First Michael Jackson and now Prince. I waited three days but neither one of them got up. 

Both were entertaining but I don't consider "beat boxing" to be playing anything and the reality of it is that Prince was a superbly talented musician and Jackson wasn't.

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2016, 08:12:32 PM »
First Michael Jackson and now Prince. I waited three days but neither one of them got up. 

Both were entertaining but I don't consider "beat boxing" to be playing anything and the reality of it is that Prince was a superbly talented musician and Jackson wasn't.

Haha!!! 

Thanks for pointing this out.  This is what I've tell my pro-MJ friends for decades.  First off, MJ only got his lofty preach because CBS Records threatened MTV they would take all their artists off the channel if they didn't play him.  Then, showing his Thriller video ad nauseam over and over, every half hour.  Until they produce MJ zombie fans. Who only wanted MJ every day, all the time. 

The truth is Prince was the first to be showcased by MTV, before Jackson.  "Off The Wall" is a far superior record than Thriller.   Prince produced more music in a year, than MJ produced in a decade.  Prince was pioneering music forward, while MJ was being a reckless loon.

When MJ died, I shed no tears. When Prince died, I felt like I lost a little bit of me.  I'm still in shock.  :(

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2016, 08:22:53 PM »
Thanks for pointing this out.  This is what I've tell my pro-MJ friends for decades.  First off, MJ only got his lofty preach because CBS Records threatened MTV they would take all their artists off the channel if they didn't play him.  Then, showing his Thriller video ad nauseam over and over, every half hour.  Until they produce MJ zombie fans. Who only wanted MJ every day, all the time. 

The truth is Prince was the first to be showcased by MTV, before Jackson.  "Off The Wall" is a far superior record than Thriller.   Prince produced more music in a year, than MJ produced in a decade.  Prince was pioneering music forward, while MJ was being a reckless loon.

When MJ died, I shed no tears. When Prince died, I felt like I lost a little bit of me.  I'm still in shock.  :(

Taken as a final product, if you mixed jacko and princes song catalogue together and picked a top 5 between them, I doubt a prince song makes the top 5.Im sure there have been millions of people who could play and instrument better than Jackson, or compose/write a song, nobody gives a fuck about them because they didn't entertain.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
Your comparison makes no sense, The Camry probably is so popular because of price/performance, cars are vastly different prices Einstein, albums generally cost the same.

No at that price point the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Mazda 6 are all better cars and around the same price.... Same reliability, but all three I've mentioned are much better, sportier cars.  Every car review thinks so as well. Now tell me why the Camry wins?
 in terms of sales and popularity among Americans. It's a boring ass car and everyone that knows cars all agree? Hmmmmm ;D

I know off topic lol but u get my analogy lol

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
Taken as a final product, if you mixed jacko and princes song catalogue together and picked a top 5 between them, I doubt a prince song makes the top 5.Im sure there have been millions of people who could play and instrument better than Jackson, or compose/write a song, nobody gives a fuck about them because they didn't entertain.

It's all popularity, justin bieber is a good example, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he have or made a guiness record for youngest artist to debut in the top 100 or something like that? also many top songs. What does that tel ya?

Phil Heath is the O winner, does that mean he's a better bber than flex wheeler, Kevin levrone?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2016, 09:57:59 PM »
It's all popularity, justin bieber is a good example, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't he have or made a guiness record for youngest artist to debut in the top 100 or something like that? also many top songs. What does that tel ya?

Phil Heath is the O winner, does that mean he's a better bber than flex wheeler, Kevin levrone?

Nobody thinks Bieber is a great once in a lifetime talent, everybody thought jackson was a once in a lifetime talent.Jackson was so popular becuase he was that good at what he did.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2016, 01:21:45 AM »
The grocery store must have had a sale on butt plugs.

Legit chuckle.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: May 02, 2016, 04:27:25 AM »
Anyone have a definitive list of all the names he wrote under?  I know he wrote songs under at least three names and possibly more: Prince, Christopher Tracy, I can't remember the third but there could be others.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #269 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:24 AM »
Anyone have a definitive list of all the names he wrote under?  I know he wrote songs under at least three names and possibly more: Prince, Christopher Tracy, I can't remember the third but there could be others.

The Symbol formerly known as...?
Q

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2016, 06:04:22 AM »

Any post you're gonna reveal yourself as not a total asshole? Getbig awaits.  ::)

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2016, 09:18:12 AM »
Anyone have a definitive list of all the names he wrote under?  I know he wrote songs under at least three names and possibly more: Prince, Christopher Tracy, I can't remember the third but there could be others.

Joey Coco, Jamie Starr, Alexander Nevermind, Camille, Tora Tora

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2016, 10:31:19 AM »
No at that price point the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Mazda 6 are all better cars and around the same price.... Same reliability, but all three I've mentioned are much better, sportier cars.  Every car review thinks so as well. Now tell me why the Camry wins?
 in terms of sales and popularity among Americans. It's a boring ass car and everyone that knows cars all agree? Hmmmmm ;D

I know off topic lol but u get my analogy lol

Oh the other hand, Price is like a Camry because cars don't molest children either.

KnightXavi

• Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2016, 08:01:59 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2016, 08:08:28 AM »

Sheryl Crow shared this on Saturday morning, April 23rd.
Video is from the monitors at the show, audio is direct from the console the information advises. "Everyday Is A Winding Road" with nice guitar solo by Prince.

Crappy tune, but, boy, can he slice.  :)