Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 153699 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
Re: Brexit
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2016, 01:00:12 PM »
a cheaper currency = more export competitiveness and more upwards pressure on ordinary peoples wages

lower house prices = less cost to buy/ rent over time, less mortgage debt and conversely if house prices come to closer to the cost of building (less land price bubble), less risky for builders to develop

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »
im still for staying in,,, altho i wouldnt be too upset if the vote went the other way, i think alot of people will talk the talk then back down when they have to put that X on the paper

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »
im still for staying in,,, altho i wouldnt be too upset if the vote went the other way, i think alot of people will talk the talk then back down when they have to put that X on the paper

the fact that Corbyn has been lifetime anti-EU doesnt sway you then?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »

You don't mind losing your freedom of movement to live, work, study and travel anywhere in Europe?

This is such a huge point, I'm not sure why anyone would want to give this up.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2016, 10:18:24 PM »
Elites Panic as Brexit Takes 10% Lead

Despite European Union elites, including some Bilderberg attendees, negotiating a deal with Turkey to temporarily suspend Middle East immigrants pouring into the EU until after the June 23 Brexit vote, UK voters now favor leaving the EU by 10 percent.
The influx of migrants from the war-torn Middle East and North Africa has put a huge strain on Europe. To address the tsunami of destitute and potentially dangerous immigrants, the European Union cut a deal with Turkey to drastically slow the tide.

According to Stratfor Global Intelligence, the tentative deal struck between Turkey and the EU on March 18 gave Ankara an extra $3 billion in aid, accelerated its EU membership talks and eased visa restrictions for Turkish citizens after June.

Ankara in return, agreed to keep migrants from passing through their borders on the way to the Continent and to take back any migrants who made it to Europe after the deal’s implementation on March 20.

To discourage further illegal immigration from Syria, the parties agreed to “resettle” one legal Syrian refugee from Turkey for each Syrian non-refugee deported from Greece.

Since talks with Turkey began, the flow of Middle East migrants to Europe has shriveled from about 70,000 reaching the Greek shores in January to just about 1,000 in May.

The success in limiting illegal immigration from Turkey is even more compelling, given that spring usually marks a huge uptick in human smuggling as warmer weather reduces dangerous Aegean storms.

The Turkish authorities have cracked down on criminal gangs operating around ports and the nation’s Coast Guard has intercepted a large number of crowed boats heading for Greece. The risk of paying smuggling fees, and then being sent back has at least temporarily dissuaded immigrants from trying to make the crossing.

But British voters seem to have responded to the success of the deal with Turkey as cynical proof that the EU and their Bilderberg corporate and political allies could have curtailed illegal immigration in the past, but chose to encourage the mass movement as a ready source of cheap labor.

Notwithstanding the furious efforts of British Prime Minister David Cameron to paint a Brexit vote as a disaster, only 45 percent of British voters want to “remain” in the EU and just 25 percent of British voters believe that leaving will result in lower living standards.

In an effort to appear to be more transparent, the Bilderberg Steering Committee led by Henry Kissinger released the full roster of this year’s attendees that include politicians, bankers, academic intellectuals and chiefs of multi-national corporations.

Despite Richard Engel, chief Foreign Correspondent, NBC News, John Micklethwait, Editor-in-Chief, Bloomberg LP and Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist attending, no journalists are allowed to report on proceedings.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2016, 01:31:21 AM »
the fact that Corbyn has been lifetime anti-EU doesnt sway you then?

Corbyn is a looser and has took away my vote at the next election....  Don't get me wrong the whole immigration thing alone is enough to make most people want to leave, I just don't want to risk jobs and loose working rights

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2016, 01:39:23 AM »
Scare tactics always come into play last minute with these types of decisions.

If I was a euro(thank God I'm not) I would vote down every last one of these "unification" proposals.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2016, 10:19:59 AM »
Corbyn is a looser and has took away my vote at the next election....  Don't get me wrong the whole immigration thing alone is enough to make most people want to leave, I just don't want to risk jobs and loose working rights

There are two 'right wing' parties in the UK vs labour, lembicaldumbocunts, snp, greens, plaid cymru etc and you are worried about working directives... There are also more 'workers' with votes than business people. ..

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2016, 04:02:11 PM »
There are two 'right wing' parties in the UK vs labour, lembicaldumbocunts, snp, greens, plaid cymru etc and you are worried about working directives... There are also more 'workers' with votes than business people. ..

Doesn't matter, labour won't be in government for a long time, the tories will fuck us over soon as we leave

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2016, 06:07:21 AM »

Doesn't matter, labour won't be in government for a long time, the tories will fuck us over soon as we leave

the only reason either party has much power is the first past the post system.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2016, 06:45:44 AM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »
a cheaper currency = more export competitiveness and more upwards pressure on ordinary peoples wages

lower house prices = less cost to buy/ rent over time, less mortgage debt and conversely if house prices come to closer to the cost of building (less land price bubble), less risky for builders to develop

No.

My home currency, lost 20 % value this year and has been losing value over the past few years.

The only result is that everything is more expensive and pay increases are nowhere near to catching up to what they should be.

The reason for this is that wage increases never match inflation, and is nowhere close, businesses are not going to give 20 or 30 % wages increases.

Furthermore, wage increases are always one step behind inflation, andthe next wage increase just increases inflation again.

The only ones who say currency devaluation is "not so bad" are those who have never experienced a massive devaluation first-hand.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Brexit
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »
The funny part is even is even if the vote to leave wins, 3 out of the 4 outcomes from there mean we still have to allow free movement, so the immigration point probably wouldn't get addressed anyway

These are the four possible 'OUT' outcome. Not made up, by a leading EU and competition lawyer. He developed the guide as an at-a-glance reference for business people in response to the lack of objective and factual analysis available to the public.

He says - “Which ever way people decide to vote on 23 June, they need to be able to easily understand the implications of their decision. I have been struck by how overly complicated and negative the majority of the press coverage has been about this crucial vote and by creating a straight forward guide I hope that businesses will be able to chart the flow of the legal processes we would have to enter into.

“It is important to recognise in three of the four scenarios the UK would still be subject to EU law and free movement of people, but crucially would no longer have any input into the formation of new EU laws.

“It is also worth noting that the negotiations to leave the EU would take a minimum of two years from the point the Article 50 notice is served, but any new arrangement could take at least ten years to conclude. If we stay in the EU, there would be no legal changes to the current arrangement.

Copy and paste the following in your browser

http://i.imgur.com/DUkr5FH.jpg

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
Good one Army of One.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »
No.

My home currency, lost 20 % value this year and has been losing value over the past few years.

The only result is that everything is more expensive and pay increases are nowhere near to catching up to what they should be.

The reason for this is that wage increases never match inflation, and is nowhere close, businesses are not going to give 20 or 30 % wages increases.

Furthermore, wage increases are always one step behind inflation, andthe next wage increase just increases inflation again.

The only ones who say currency devaluation is "not so bad" are those who have never experienced a massive devaluation first-hand.

There is a difference between a currency falling 10% and a country with chronic economic problems that has inflation and a weak currency. I presume you are from argentina or Brazil or somewhere like that.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »
The vast majority of economists polled said the economy will be worse off in 5 years.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
The vast majority of economists polled said the economy will be worse off in 5 years.

that is a crystal clear indicator to vote brexit.

http://www.shareprophets.com/views/21405/tom-winnifrith-bearcast-the-warnings-of-soros-the-wonderful-mrs

im sure you are worried that under the points system you will be packed off back to taco land, but i think the point is capping future immigration. in the mean time i suggest you study some qualifications to be on the safe side.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2016, 11:23:44 PM »

http://www.shareprophets.com/views/21405/tom-winnifrith-bearcast-the-warnings-of-soros-the-wonderful-mrs

im sure you are worried that under the points system you will be packed off back to taco land, but i think the point is capping future immigration. in the mean time i suggest you study some qualifications to be on the safe side.
need to be registered to see it genius

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2016, 11:48:07 PM »

Is that the best you've got? Now there's a bitchy, schoolgirl-ish rebuttal I didn't see coming, but then again I am not familiar with your posting style. In fact, I had hardly noticed you on the board before.

FYI I am white British. Not much else to say really.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2016, 01:31:16 AM »
Is that the best you've got? Now there's a bitchy, schoolgirl-ish rebuttal I didn't see coming, but then again I am not familiar with your posting style. In fact, I had hardly noticed you on the board before.

Look up" brutal lat pull downs", then youl know the man your addressing and maybe you will think twice before talking back... ;)

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2016, 01:56:36 AM »

i mixed you up with griffith. its the collectivists on this thread that elected blair/ brown up bankrupted this country, didnt build enough houses, opened the doors and no end of other bullshit, then torys/ lib dems took over and didnt little else than continue the prior policies.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2016, 02:25:40 AM »
i mixed you up with griffith. its the collectivists on this thread that elected blair/ brown up bankrupted this country, didnt build enough houses, opened the doors and no end of other bullshit, then torys/ lib dems took over and didnt little else than continue the prior policies.

So it's Brown's fault for your dickhead argument. Right. ::)

Please ignore my posts and I will do the same.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2016, 05:18:26 AM »
So it's Brown's fault for your dickhead argument. Right. ::)

Please ignore my posts and I will do the same.

a country living beyond its means... with spend thrift politicians of the three main parties at the helm. thing sreally started to breakdown in the late 90s a couple of years after chinese workers entered the global labour pool and undercut the scallies working in northern manufacturing concerns, rendering them unemployed and creating the 'northern welfare safaris' as tom winnifrith likes to describe them.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2016, 11:31:41 AM »
In 2016 The Mayor of London giving a speech with women forced to stand segregated in the back. Liberal Progress.

Anybody who votes to support this nonsense is a damn fool.

London’s Muslim Mayor Hosts EU ‘Remain’ Rally With Hijab-Clad Women Forced To Stand At The Back

London Mayor Sadiq Khan gave a speech in Manchester on behalf of the EU ‘Remain’ campaign, with women noticeably absent from the front of the crowd.
In an effort to bolster the ailing Remain campaign, newly elected London Mayor Sadiq Khan has gone on a road trip across the country to try and boost support for remaining in the European Union (EU).

A photograph from one of Mr. Khan’s speeches in Manchester posted on the Guido Fawkes blog reveals that in at least one of his speeches, meant to galvanise Labour voters in the north of England, women were excluded from the front row and relegated to the periphery of the event.

Mr. Khan is said to be attempting to distance himself from the government’s official campaign that has been dubbed “project fear”, and is expected to tell Labour voters in the party’s northern heartlands that voting to remain in the EU is the “positive, proud and patriotic thing to do,” the Evening Standard reports.

The London mayor said: “I am backing Remain because it’s by far the best option for protecting working people’s jobs, wages and rights…the world won’t end if we leave Europe — but it won’t be in Londoners’ interests or the interests of  working people.”

It is not the first time that a Labour event has seen the segregation of women. The party has often been accused of pandering to hard-line Muslims, with a number of incidents being revealed last year.

The Mayor has also been in hot water before when it comes to questions over his links to Islamist groups and those who practice a more traditional form of Islam that often sees women segregated at events from men. Adding further fuel to the accusations that Mr. Khan is attempting to enforce a more traditional role of women in public life is his new ban on sexualised advertising on London’s public transport.

According to Mr. Khan, the ban on sexualised advertisements was to prevent exposure to images of scantly clad models making women feel “ashamed” of their own bodies. Though the move plays into the desires of feminists who want to see a more prudish take on women in public life, it also plays to the views of Islamists and Islamic traditionalists who desire women to cover up for reasons of “modesty”.

The speeches in the north of England see Mr. Khan team up with not only Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, whose engagement in the campaign has been lackluster so far, but also Prime Minister David Cameron who merely weeks before the London mayoral election referred to Mr. Khan as an extremist. Mr. Cameron and Mr. Khan appeared at a rally together at the end of last month in London to extol the virtues of the EU and the benefits of staying in the political bloc.

The north of England tour is scheduled to see Mr. Khan make speeches in Manchester, Oldham, Leeds and possibly Bradford. After the tour he will return through the Midlands to London on Sunday ahead of a BBC debate with former London mayor and pro-Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson at Wembley Arena on Tuesday evening.