Author Topic: that loudmouth Tony Little's gazelle  (Read 2043 times)

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
that loudmouth Tony Little's gazelle
« on: March 22, 2006, 03:09:01 PM »
Lame post I know but have to ask. I recently had a child and been tough to stay at the gym for more than an hour so my cardio has suffered. I live in New England and it's still very cold and winterlike up here. The wife a few month back had to have Tony Little's gazelle that she may have used 5 times. I was thinking about doing cardio on it so I can at least get some cardio in while I'm home with the baby. Does it work? Did anyone find it useful or would I be wasting my time?????

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: that loudmouth Tony Little's gazelle
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »
I was thinking about doing cardio on it so I can at least get some cardio in while I'm home with the baby. Does it work? Did anyone find it useful or would I be wasting my time?????

It's movement which = calories burned
:

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »
That's true....doesn't seem to strenuous but better than sitting on the couch....thanks

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »
Whatever gets the heart rate and breathing up to a certain target level and stays there. It could be rope jumping, jumping jacks, step-ups,spinning, etc. What fits your style, something you don't mind doing (too much) for any extended period of 20 minutes or more. Might even consider the Tabata method for short burst of effort resulting in cardio fitness.

Seen that infro commerical late at night for the gazelle over and over again.  Reminds me a littlle of the Nortic track. Looks a little hard on the knee joints but never having used or seen one in person, that is just my impression of the machine.  Like the Bow Flex, the Gazelle can serve a purpose for a lot of people, I guess. Good Luck to your wife, baby and you.

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 04:51:21 AM »
Whatever gets the heart rate and breathing up to a certain target level and stays there. It could be rope jumping, jumping jacks, step-ups,spinning, etc. What fits your style, something you don't mind doing (too much) for any extended period of 20 minutes or more.

Let us not forget the power of running-- :)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 07:40:35 AM »
RBabe: I try to forget running every chance I get. Good Luck.

L.T.

• Getbig II
  • lift big
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »
the gazelle is a great piece of cardio equipment i use it to get ready for my shows. anything that can get your heart rate up is fine.