Author Topic: Shawn "Flexatron" Rhoden will get no lower than 2nd place at the O this year  (Read 8456 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
 ;)

He will beat Kai (if he competes) and he will beat Dexter.
Phil will be the only person standing in his way and Rhoden will be the one to unseat Phil ultimately. Why?  Because Phil has a big mouth and a shitty attitude and sewed the seeds of motivation for Rhoden to want to beat him.

Dave Bourlet aka MadMax6 has a great interview series with Shawn Rhoden.  In part two of this series, Shawn goes into detail about his dealings with Heath...It shouldn't come as a surprise from what you hear.

I think Shawn has a legitimate chance to unseat Phil if he does certain things. 1. Keeps his abs and waist in check. 2. Bring in the condition he brought last year and hold it throughout the prejudging AND finals and three, continue to add density to his mid and lower back.

Many people think Rhoden is too old to beat Heath (he turned 41 in April). The thing is he's like Tony Freeman,  he took 7 years off from everything bodybuilding including lifting weights so his body is still fresh and able to grow.  Will Rhoden's back ever be as good as Heath's?  Probably not. Will Rhoden's overall physique catch and overtake Phil's?  I think so.

They've been really passive aggressive and as of late Rhoden's been aggressive toward's Phil. It's inevitably leading to these two having a rivalry towards the end of Phil's career especially with Kai not competing or being clear on if he will compete. Despite being 41, Rhoden has some time on his side and receptor freshness. Here are some video's below...

For the potion I'm referring to, start at 14:25.  I suggest watching part 1 and the entire part 2 of these videos,(this will be a 6 part series) they give you a good idea about who Rhoden is.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
bodybuilding bump

herne

• Getbig V

herne

• Getbig V

Simple Simon

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I hate Dave Bourlet with passion

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Rhoden was most likely in 1st place after prejudging last year at the Olympia.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Rhoden was most likely in 1st place after prejudging last year at the Olympia.

According to the audience and the gurus he was in 1st place. He just really needs to liven it up on stage. He looks like he's falling asleep which doesn't help matters

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Rhoden will make top 2 this year.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Phil has talked a lot a shit about Rhoden and dismissed him as not a legit contender, it will come back to haunt him. And the funny thing is Rhoden only seems motivated because Phil opened his big mouth. Boy would it be a glorious sight to see Phil dethroned because of a guy he talked shit about. Everytime Rhoden mentions Heath, he brings up that Phil pissed him off in 2012. Lol!

Phil woke up "Sleepy" and made him grumpy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I would like to see Phil "Narrow" Cheath dethroned, but I do not think it will happen. Either politics will prevent it from happening or Rhoden won't come in looking good. We can forget about Kai. He is regressing. He doesn't stand a chance. I agree that Rhoden may only be Phil's most serious contender, but I still do not think its enough to beat Phil.  :-\ :-\ :-\
X

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
I surely would like to know what's in that Olympia contract.  It looks awfully long.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Rhoden's legs were probably the best in the show last year

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Phil has talked a lot a shit about Rhoden and dismissed him as not a legit contender, it will come back to haunt him. And the funny thing is Rhoden only seems motivated because Phil opened his big mouth. Boy would it be a glorious sight to see Phil dethroned because of a guy he talked shit about. Everytime Rhoden mentions Heath, he brings up that Phil pissed him off in 2012. Lol!

Maybe that is what Phil "I am bodybuilding's Kobe Bryant" Heath intended?
Maybe he said something about Brandon Curry or said that Roelly could be a contender if he came in shape, and then say "yeah right", that might motivate Roelly?
Every story needs a villian, and Phil is playing that role. The guy who is on top, that everybody hates, but can't seem to beat.

Rhoden's legs were probably the best in the show last year

And yet you see the lack of Tricep detail compared to Phil's.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
He's clearly better than phil.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

What's the chick saying "No No no" to at 0:44?
Q

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Weird skinny gay neck

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Rhoden had the audience on his side last year.  I think even more so than Dexter.

I am curious to see what happens to Phil from a chemical standpoint this year.  Offseason this year he looks so much better...not nearly as poofy and bloated.  Is he trying to stay on through the offseason?  What will happen when he ups the dose during prep.

The way he manages to transform from Friday to Saturday you can't keep doing that and getting good results.  Every year he manages to look worse and worse He looked terrible last year on Friday...If Rhoden actually manages to nail it on Friday, then it may be harder for Phil to come back.  I don't see HOW Phil got all first place votes last year at the prejudging.

If you guys believe in politics, my friend told me he thinks they will stop him before he ties Arnold. 

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Rhoden's legs have great shape genetically, he spilled over a bit at 2015 "O" but definitely top 3 material

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

I don't know why, but this pic is really funny to me. Lol

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I don't know why, but this pic is really funny to me. Lol

Every day KFC results in a happy hebrew

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Rhoden had the audience on his side last year.  I think even more so than Dexter.

I am curious to see what happens to Phil from a chemical standpoint this year.  Offseason this year he looks so much better...not nearly as poofy and bloated.  Is he trying to stay on through the offseason?  What will happen when he ups the dose during prep.

The way he manages to transform from Friday to Saturday you can't keep doing that and getting good results.  Every year he manages to look worse and worse He looked terrible last year on Friday...If Rhoden actually manages to nail it on Friday, then it may be harder for Phil to come back.  I don't see HOW Phil got all first place votes last year at the prejudging.

If you guys believe in politics, my friend told me he thinks they will stop him before he ties Arnold. 

May I ask why your friend believes that? 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Maybe that is what Phil "I am bodybuilding's Kobe Bryant" Heath intended?
Maybe he said something about Brandon Curry or said that Roelly could be a contender if he came in shape, and then say "yeah right", that might motivate Roelly?
Every story needs a villian, and Phil is playing that role. The guy who is on top, that everybody hates, but can't seem to beat.
And yet you see the lack of Tricep detail compared to Phil's.

Everyone didn't vilify Ronnie, Dexter or even Jay. Phil is different. With Phil it's not just the fans that are irked, it's his fellow bodybuilder.  When Phil is unseated, I guarantee alot of bodybuilders will shake that mans hand and buy him a beer...or protein shake. Villians ultimately fall.   

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

littleguns

• Getbig V
I like Shawn but think he grew too big last year and his mid section suffered. If he dials it back, he will be golden.

When you say Mr Olympia you think Arnold, Haney, Ronnie.....just can't picture Heath being in that same breath.....