Author Topic: Once again: athletic fit shirts  (Read 7491 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Once again: athletic fit shirts
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:27:01 AM »
I know this topic has been done to death, but I am curious if there is any new info out there. I am looking for a source for athletic cut shirts. I seem to be in a weird mid-size state where I need at XL for my chest and shoulders and no more than a M for my waist. I've been mostly wearing L, which looks kinda too tight up top and billowy on the waist.

What do the more classically proportioned Getbiggers buy? I'm 48" chest, 32" waist and 57" shoulders. Because of my shit legs, I'm all set with jeans  :-\

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: Once again: athletic fit shirts
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »
Take your shirt to a tailor, duh.
sept 10th APF

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:30:59 AM »
Lulu lemon baby
w

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 09:33:43 AM »

For dress shirts, totally agree. I'm talking about tees, and other pullover styles.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:35:38 AM »
My wife gets great stuff that fits her well at places like Athleta. There doesn't appear to be a male analog for this.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »
Lulu lemon baby

Would he need to slice his balls off first?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:59 AM »
If you have a Costco by you, check out the 32 degree shirts they have. They fit and feel like Lululemon shirts and are only $10 or so. I'm 6'2 205 and the XLs fit perfect. They fit good around the arms and the length is good for taller guys without being baggy around the waist. They only have a few colors but the dark gray looks nice. Hope this helps. No homo

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
If you have a Costco by you, check out the 32 degree shirts they have. They fit and feel like Lululemon shirts and are only $10 or so. I'm 6'2 205 and the XLs fit perfect. They fit good around the arms and the length is good for taller guys without being baggy around the waist. They only have a few colors but the dark gray looks nice. Hope this helps. No homo
will check these out!!!
w

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 10:01:36 AM »
will check these out!!!

http://www.amazon.com/32-Degrees-Weatherproof®-Sleeve-Anti-odor/dp/B00UCC1F3C?th=1&psc=1
Here they are to get an idea. Disregard how it fits the scrawny twink model

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »
w

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 10:13:13 AM »
Here's your athletic shirts.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 10:16:49 AM »
Despite being modeled exclusively by, and for, homos, the Calvin Klein "Body Fit" series is pretty legit. I've just got so much of their stuff now that I am feeling slightly self-conscious (and gay). Looking to broaden my horizons, in a non-gay manner, of course.

No homo.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 10:30:03 AM »
My gf got me a couple of tees yesterday and I was complaining about how they are making things smaller. People are not getting smaller so whats up with all of the slim fit stuff?!

I want tees comfortable and can't see how you possible fit in a large with the dimensions you described and your 18" guns.

Body fit is full on homo along with this thread.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35:42 AM »
Despite being modeled exclusively by, and for, homos, the Calvin Klein "Body Fit" series is pretty legit. I've just got so much of their stuff now that I am feeling slightly self-conscious (and gay). Looking to broaden my horizons, in a non-gay manner, of course.

No homo.

Brutal self denial.....

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 10:44:49 AM »
My gf got me a couple of tees yesterday and I was complaining about how they are making things smaller. People are not getting smaller so whats up with all of the slim fit stuff?!

I want tees comfortable and can't see how you possible fit in a large with the dimensions you described and your 18" guns.

Body fit is full on homo along with this thread.
Have to admit  _aj_ looks a bit homo here in his body fit shirt

Y

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 10:48:36 AM »
I know this topic has been done to death, but I am curious if there is any new info out there. I am looking for a source for athletic cut shirts. I seem to be in a weird mid-size state where I need at XL for my chest and shoulders and no more than a M for my waist. I've been mostly wearing L, which looks kinda too tight up top and billowy on the waist.

What do the more classically proportioned Getbiggers buy? I'm 48" chest, 32" waist and 57" shoulders. Because of my shit legs, I'm all set with jeans  :-\

You forgot the most important measurement stud  :P

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
Last time I read a flex magazine (15+ years ago) they would advertise shirts like you are after with the thinner waist but they were about £60 a shirt

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
Last time I read a flex magazine (15+ years ago) they would advertise shirts like you are after with the thinner waist but they were about £60 a shirt

If mike Ashley doesn't sell it I don't buy it....its almost like shopping for free at sportsdirect

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »
If mike Ashley doesn't sell it I don't buy it....its almost like shopping for free at sportsdirect

Aye it's pennies mate I get t shirts for the gym there from those bargain tables they set out with the t shirts folded for about a fiver each, same with tracksuit pants and trainers never go anywhere else for stuff like that

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »
I fit into a medium slim fit Paul Smith shirt.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 11:14:13 AM »
These fit great, they are cheap, plain, very soft material (tri-blend) and not terrible logos, etc.

Just looked up the brand from a great t-shirt I bought from vacation and found out their supplier

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_16?url=search-alias%3Dfashion-mens-clothing&field-keywords=next+level+apparel&sprefix=Next+Level+Appar%2Caps%2C175
a

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »
Have to admit  _aj_ looks a bit homo here in his body fit shirt

:D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 12:00:01 PM »
This, t-shirts are really a non-issue though, just try on different brands, t-shirts are not suppose to be "women skin tight".

For other shirts, tailor or go to websites and have them custom made. Here are 4 custom made online shops.

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/
http://www.indochino.com/
https://blacklapel.com
black label
A

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
I take pretty much all of my shirts or t-shirts that have this issue to a tailor. Quick, cheap and effective. looks a LOT better. Clothes should emphasize the lines of a physique (if it's good), not hide it. Usualy buy one of the biggest sizes and tailor reduces it at the middle/bottom, win.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
Aj wishing he had enough size to have difficulty fitting into tshirts in this thread  8)