Author Topic: Deadlift  (Read 2261 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Deadlift
« on: March 23, 2006, 05:40:57 AM »
Hey guys i deadlift from the floor, only real option and im happy with that.
My question is between each rep wen ur lowering the weight do you let it hit the ground/bounce?? Im asking as iv mananged to perfect the technique of stopping the weight so the plates stop about an inch from the floor so i am always keeping constant tension on my legs/back etc. Is this a better way of doing it or should i let them hit the floor?

One thing about teh way i do deads, is that my grip never gets a rest.
I also do cleans in teh same way, at the bottom of each rep i stop inch from the ground.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Deadlift
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 07:57:55 AM »
i lift from the floor and lower to the floor always keepin hands on bar also. however when i lower it i wait a second or 2 then do next rep. i believe this gives u more power tho they way you do it works better for bodybuilding, constant tension etc.

Odinn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »
There's no bouncing in deadlifting. The whole point is to pick up dead weight off the floor, hence the name of the exercise.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 01:41:12 PM »
I know that ODIN, i do that, i dont bounce. i stop an inch from the floor.

davie

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 07:52:50 PM »
when i go heavy enough i deadlift it bring it back down re postition myself and do it again increases strength better i feel

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 04:37:49 PM »
Repetition on deads can be dangerous because of form degradation. For this reason I think it is best to leave the weight DEAD on the floor, re-grip and do the next rep, instead of a continuos motion. They are DEADlifts after all, picking up DEAD weight from the floor every time.
follow the arrows

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 02:28:02 AM »
Thanks Haider, il try it. I mean i love deadlifting at the mo, adn the weight is still going up the way i do it at the mo, so placing the weight DEAD on the floor for a second in between reps might help me up weight even more.

davie

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 11:16:55 PM »
Repetition on deads can be dangerous because of form degradation. For this reason I think it is best to leave the weight DEAD on the floor, re-grip and do the next rep, instead of a continuos motion. They are DEADlifts after all, picking up DEAD weight from the floor every time.

Same here.  Just a quick rest in between each rep, so form doesn't go shitty.  I also don't go lower than 8-10 reps, and I do them at the end of my back workout, so the weight I use is a good bit lighter.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 07:55:19 AM »
I'd suggest rotating the deadlifts in a cycle:

week 1: regular deadlifts
week 2: deep deadlifts (standing on a box or a few plates)
week 3: rack deadlifts
repeat

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 02:56:25 AM »
It's the only exercise that can kill you.That's why it called a deadlift.

I do them in a rack,
and don't go all the way. It doesn't make a lot of sense. The lower you go, the more you have to use your leg's and make it a leg excersise, while the main goal is the lower back.

Stifflegged, but not locked, is imho the best, but not all the way.
Sometimes I also do them on a box, and go beyond the box, but always with light weights (not ronnie coleman light weights)

L.T.

• Getbig II
  • lift big
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 07:37:37 AM »
i agree 100% with haider