Author Topic: Hernia surgery?  (Read 15529 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hernia surgery?
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:07 PM »
Any of you ever have it?   Good buddy of mine will be going under the knife shortly and I'm looking for info on recovery, experiences, etc.

Tear in the ab wall where intestine pushines way into scrotum.  Inguinal Hernia or something like that.  Way gross. Thanks!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Hernia surgery?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
Most likely they will use mesh to fix it. He should ask the Doc some detailed questions. Normally not to bad of a recovery.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 12:52:34 PM »
i think i hav eone, visible when lower b/f, like a fatty lumnp above belly button not sore or nething. just small fatty lump. on the injury board there used to be tons of hernia threads 240. hope that helps.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 12:54:04 PM »
I had one 2 years ago on my belly... it went away.  This one is pretty brutal.  No intestinal strangulation, yet.  But major fluid buildup in the testes. I spent my AM waiting in the hospital today, not fun.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »
well im no where like that. prob just a fatty lump. trainin abs prevemnts them so i may start again tomorro lol

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 12:58:02 PM »
Hernias don't "go away", once you tear the whole, its there until you get it fixed.  I have two right now, should think about getting them fixed.  My belly button is half caved in :(
W

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »
well im no where like that. prob just a fatty lump. trainin abs prevemnts them so i may start again tomorro lol

on another note my abs are amazing and i sont train them

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 01:04:19 PM »
It will be done(probably) with an open incision or via laparoscope(keyhole). Like someone else said here it will be repaired using a mesh('lichtenstein' repair or older 'shouldice' method0. Your friends guts are basically protruding out of the pouch thats holds them(peritoneum/and part of his abdominal wall) and sliding into his inguinal canal(groin crease) into his scrotum(ball sac!). Sounds like an inguinal hernia. It could be direct or indirect but your buddy need not worry about details.It is performed usually under general anaesthetic and can take 30 mins to an hour dependign on the centre/surgeon. It is a commonly performed and generally very safe and successfull procedure.  He might be in and out of hospital in one day if he's lucky. He will be sore for up to a week but he will be given pain killers. He can probably ease back into work in 2-4 weeks depending on how physical his job. He can hit the weights(easy does it!) in about 6 weeks.  I'm in a hurry but hope this helps. I'm in a good mood because I should charge for this(jk)
regards,
the Doc :)
The Dude Abides

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 01:06:48 PM »
It will be done(probably) with an open incision or via laparoscope(keyhole). Like someone else said here it will be repaired using a mesh('lichtenstein' repair or older 'shouldice' method0. Your friends guts are basically protruding out of the pouch thats holds them(peritoneum/and part of his abdominal wall) and sliding into his inguinal canal(groin crease) into his scrotum(ball sac!). Sounds like an inguinal hernia. It could be direct or indirect but your buddy need not worry about details.It is performed usually under general anaesthetic and can take 30 mins to an hour dependign on the centre/surgeon. It is a commonly performed and generally very safe and successfull procedure.  He might be in and out of hospital in one day if he's lucky. He will be sore for up to a week but he will be given pain killers. He can probably ease back into work in 2-4 weeks depending on how physical his job. He can hit the weights(easy does it!) in about 6 weeks.  I'm in a hurry but hope this helps. I'm in a good mood because I should charge for this(jk)
regards,
the Doc :)

yea watever ya think neone wud listen to you. what the hell are you, a doctor or summat... :P

philnq8

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 01:08:56 PM »
The one above the belly button is called an epigastric hernia which is a small tear in the abdominal muscle wall in which fat pushes through causing the bulge.
The other is called an inguinal hernia and is just as 240 described above.
I have had both and had both repaired. The inguinal repair I had was done using a mesh screen tacked over the tear. Had it done in June and competed in a BBing show in Oct. I still get refered pain in my right nut sometime when I do bent rows or do squats or heavy legs. Otherwise it was well worth the time and money spent to get it done.

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 01:10:11 PM »
Hey,
play nice. I even said your video's and physique were good on a post a few months back. I love the Myoplex and the one with the bee-gees music.
the Doc ;)
The Dude Abides

Burt Reynolds

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »
Where is your friend located? I am a Hernia solutions medical sales rep, I can give you names of a few good docs. If your located in Miami...The Hernia Institute of Florida with Dr. Gilbert is one of the best.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 01:55:19 PM »
Hey,
play nice. I even said your video's and physique were good on a post a few months back. I love the Myoplex and the one with the bee-gees music.
the Doc ;)

that was croatch mate. im only playing , also those vids were so funny lol

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »
go to a pharmacy sell stuff called martner or bazuka burns it off. i got one myself on my finger. never had one before myself stinkin

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 02:25:45 PM »
Where's Levrone to comment when you need him?
Motherboy (the band).

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 02:29:22 PM »
Goudy, sorry for mixing you up with Croatch. i know you were only playing. I think I remember you posted some pics(back shots?) where you looked pretty thick. Funny I confused the 2 names, not exactly similar. I only dip in and out of these boards(as you can see from 80 posts in 5 years!) so don't remember everyone.
The Dude Abides

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 02:30:48 PM »
lol no prob. must be a gd thing u remembered me i hav e athread on pic thread.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
Where is your friend located? I am a Hernia solutions medical sales rep, I can give you names of a few good docs. If your located in Miami...The Hernia Institute of Florida with Dr. Gilbert is one of the best.

what city? He's in Ft Myers, FL

Burt Reynolds

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »
Miami

Burt Reynolds

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 06:17:10 PM »
Here is a doc in Tampa Fl...Dr. Steven Butler, He operates at South Florida Baptist Hospital in Plant City

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »
I had the same thing.  I had it for quite a few years during highschool.  It got so bad it was pushing on my urinary tract and I'd pee and then put my dick away and the pump would pump some urine into my pants.

I know disgusting, but thats how it was.

I had it repaired and things have been fine every since.  I walked bent over for a few weeks though.  I think they used mesh to reinforce the wall.  I occasionally get a tiny bit of pain from it but its really not that big of a deal.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 06:30:02 PM »
Here is a doc in Tampa Fl...Dr. Steven Butler, He operates at South Florida Baptist Hospital in Plant City

Good to see you on the boards Burt.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 08:58:52 PM »
Anyone know how to get rid of a wart? I've got one on my finger...never had one b4. Looks ugly and I keep touching it.
Duct tape it for 2 weeks. It should go away.

Special "NaturalCures.com" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 09:01:38 PM »
Anyone know how to get rid of a wart? I've got one on my finger...never had one b4. Looks ugly and I keep touching it.

Stop playing 'Hide the Cuticle' with the Athlete's Rep.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 09:52:13 PM »

What about a good Medical Malpractice attorney in that area [I have family there]?

I loved many of your movies, BTW!
Greed is good!