Author Topic: Trump's Tax Returns  (Read 12683 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Trump's Tax Returns
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2016, 02:05:21 PM »
I see.  So even though this entire issue with Trump revolves exclusively around whether or not he paid federal income taxes, and your comments were talking about federal income taxes, your really understood that Trump's taxes includes property taxes, payroll taxes, sales taxes, etc.?

we pay troops from what tax fund?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »
we pay troops from what tax fund?

You tell me.

Also, tell me tax fund pays for "Roads, bridges, schools, public officials, LEO." 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »
I see.  So even though this entire issue with Trump revolves exclusively around whether or not he paid federal income taxes, and your comments were talking about federal income taxes, your really understood that Trump's taxes includes property taxes, payroll taxes, sales taxes, etc.?

Well, sales and property are all local taxes.

The money doesn't go to the federal government, so it doesn't pay for things like Military, interstate roads, or higher education.
I expect they would pay for local funding of things.

Payroll taxes are to federal government, but Trump doesn't pay a payroll tax himself, his companies do.

Whether it's legal or not, and we surely know it was legal, it doesn't really seem very "right" when people like you and I could never get away with that.

The other thing that bugs me is how everyone is say Trump was "smart" for not having to pay those taxes.

Trump doesn't do his own taxes, he has a tax attorney and a CPA do them for him. THOSE people are smart. They got all of that done, not Trump really.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »
Well, sales and property are all local taxes.

The money doesn't go to the federal government, so it doesn't pay for things like Military, interstate roads, or higher education.
I expect they would pay for local funding of things.

Payroll taxes are to federal government, but Trump doesn't pay a payroll tax himself, his companies do.

Whether it's legal or not, and we surely know it was legal, it doesn't really seem very "right" when people like you and I could never get away with that.

The other thing that bugs me is how everyone is say Trump was "smart" for not having to pay those taxes.

Trump doesn't do his own taxes, he has a tax attorney and a CPA do them for him. THOSE people are smart. They got all of that done, not Trump really.

What federal taxes pay for higher education?

I don't make a distinction between Trump and his company.  He is the company.  His name is everything.  So if his company pays payroll taxes that is Trump paying payroll taxes in my view. 

Nothing illegal about paying the least amount of taxes possible.  And I do think it's smart to hire people who can help you.  I'm smart to enough to know what I don't know, so I consult with people all the time.  I also don't do my own taxes.  I expect the folks who handle my taxes to have me paying the least amount possible.  Don't you do the same thing? 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »
What federal taxes pay for higher education?

I don't make a distinction between Trump and his company.  He is the company.  His name is everything.  So if his company pays payroll taxes that is Trump paying payroll taxes in my view. 

Nothing illegal about paying the least amount of taxes possible.  And I do think it's smart to hire people who can help you.  I'm smart to enough to know what I don't know, so I consult with people all the time.  I also don't do my own taxes.  I expect the folks who handle my taxes to have me paying the least amount possible.  Don't you do the same thing? 

No question I do, but it's not like Trump does his actual taxes to know the deductions. That's all I'm saying.

I don't exactly "which" taxes. I assume there is a pool.

I only say it because I read this the other day. It is old.

http://www.air.org/news/press-release/taxpayer-subsidies-most-colleges-and-universities-average-between-8000-more

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2016, 06:44:18 PM »
No question I do, but it's not like Trump does his actual taxes to know the deductions. That's all I'm saying.

I don't exactly "which" taxes. I assume there is a pool.

I only say it because I read this the other day. It is old.

http://www.air.org/news/press-release/taxpayer-subsidies-most-colleges-and-universities-average-between-8000-more

Interesting article.  Good info.  Did not know that.  Thanks.

I think a person should get credit for hiring and consulting with smart people.

Now excuse me while I go take a shower.  I feel like I've been defending Trump all week.   :-\ 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2016, 06:47:56 PM »
Interesting article.  Good info.  Did not know that.  Thanks.

I think a person should get credit for hiring and consulting with smart people.

Now excuse me while I go take a shower.  I feel like I've been defending Trump all week.   :-\ 

They should, but recently, Trump's hiring of smart people has been questionable at best. I mean, maybe he is, but he's not listening to many of them these days. (At least that's how it seems)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »
They should, but recently, Trump's hiring of smart people has been questionable at best. I mean, maybe he is, but he's not listening to many of them these days. (At least that's how it seems)

He actually has done a good job with his major hires during the campaign.  Lewandowski got him into the primaries.  Firing him and hiring Manifort was a smart move, because it helped him through the primaries/caucuses.  Firing Manifort and hiring Conway was a smart move, because she helped him be less of a douchebag, apologize for his behavior, got him to read from a teleprompter, appear slightly more presidential, etc.  And Pence was a good VP choice. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2016, 09:16:46 PM »
He actually has done a good job with his major hires during the campaign.  Lewandowski got him into the primaries.  Firing him and hiring Manifort was a smart move, because it helped him through the primaries/caucuses.  Firing Manifort and hiring Conway was a smart move, because she helped him be less of a douchebag, apologize for his behavior, got him to read from a teleprompter, appear slightly more presidential, etc.  And Pence was a good VP choice. 

Oh, I didn't mean he didn't hire smart people. I meant he doesn't seem to be listening to them as much as he should be.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2016, 06:33:40 AM »
You tell me.

Also, tell me tax fund pays for "Roads, bridges, schools, public officials, LEO." 

Yes... we pay for The Troops you love, via federal funds.
Roads... yes.. interstates... also paid for by federal funds.
public officials, yes...a gain.. federal funds
LEO... FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF... again.. federal funds
State taxes pay for schools but who makes up the difference..yup.. federal (title 1)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »
Yes... we pay for The Troops you love, via federal funds.
Roads... yes.. interstates... also paid for by federal funds.
public officials, yes...a gain.. federal funds
LEO... FBI, CIA, DEA, ATF... again.. federal funds
State taxes pay for schools but who makes up the difference..yup.. federal (title 1)

Actually that depends on what troops you're talking about.  National Guard troops are mostly paid by the states. 

There are a lot more "public officials" at the state and local level, who are paid with state and local tax dollars. 

Yes, the FBI, CIA, DEA, an AFT are paid with federal tax dollars.  They are also a minority of the "LEO" in this country.  State, county, and local law enforcement are paid with state and local tax dollars. 

The majority of the "roads, bridges, schools" that we use are state and local facilities funded with state and local tax dollars.  The federal government does not repair potholes on roads most of use to get to and from work, school, etc. 

And overall, if you are saying you don't try and pay the least amount of income tax possible you are full of it.  No offense intended. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2016, 12:15:54 PM »
I  I feel like I've been defending Trump all week.   :-\ 

No doubt Trump appreciates your defense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

and laughably - a grown ass man defending Hillary takes the entire cake.  Nothing remotely as comical and ludicrous as that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2016, 12:25:03 PM »

He doesn't need my help.  I just point out BS when I see it (if I choose to comment). 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »
"Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes."

Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »
"Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes."

Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

Nice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »
Nice.

Liberal faggets are so full of it.  How many of these little pussies tell their CPA to not take deductions so they can pay more?  Bunch of losers and milleinal pajama wearing twinks. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2016, 05:31:08 AM »
Damn, they finally have the dirt on Trump!  >:(

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5039
a

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2016, 06:33:03 AM »
Actually that depends on what troops you're talking about.  National Guard troops are mostly paid by the states. 

There are a lot more "public officials" at the state and local level, who are paid with state and local tax dollars. 

Yes, the FBI, CIA, DEA, an AFT are paid with federal tax dollars.  They are also a minority of the "LEO" in this country.  State, county, and local law enforcement are paid with state and local tax dollars. 

The majority of the "roads, bridges, schools" that we use are state and local facilities funded with state and local tax dollars.  The federal government does not repair potholes on roads most of use to get to and from work, school, etc. 

And overall, if you are saying you don't try and pay the least amount of income tax possible you are full of it.  No offense intended. 
Im talking about the regular army navy air force and marines... "they make up a lot more" of the military they are talking about. $0.42 of every $1 federal tax dollar goes to military.
Public officials i was talking about were the ones paid by federal taxes. There are local government positions too.. but the ones i was talking about were of the federal variety.
Same goes for LEO... i was talking about the federal ones.....the ones federal taxes pay for... i thought we were talking about federal taxes
Again. i know a portion of transportation comes from state funds....but there is also a federal department of transportation... and thats paid for by federal dollars
"We certainly want to be sure we get every federal dollar that is available to our state," he said.

The federal money plays a major role in the complex cash flow system that fuels South Carolina's DOT and most DOTs around the nation.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/26/sc-road-projects-federal-tax-dollars-work/26314107/

not sure what the rebuttal was for. My point is that there are federal programs and entities that depend on federal tax dollars and some of the agencies Trump says he supports only gain support dont get it in the form of money from Mr Trump

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2016, 11:04:12 AM »
Liberal faggets are so full of it.  How many of these little pussies tell their CPA to not take deductions so they can pay more?  Bunch of losers and milleinal pajama wearing twinks. 

I tell my tax guy (me) to take as many deductions as possible and I still pay state and federal income tax every year.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
I tell my tax guy (me) to take as many deductions as possible and I still pay state and federal income tax every year.

And if one year he says you dont owe anything are you going to protest and demand you pay more?   No of course not!!! 

so this is just another non-issue by liberal idiots

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2016, 11:39:08 AM »
And if one year he says you dont owe anything are you going to protest and demand you pay more?   No of course not!!! 

so this is just another non-issue by liberal idiots

so... how do you support the troops if you dont pay federal taxes?.... This is a real question.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
so... how do you support the troops if you dont pay federal taxes?.... This is a real question.

FALSE! 

That is not your problem as a citizen - these pofs that are elected vote on stuff like that and also happen to writre the tax laws.  So if their little bs scams dont work out - F em. 

I'm not paying a penny more than i have to.  and guess what - you dont or wont either. 

Lets stop the garbage already on this issue w the liberal faggetry and pajama boy bs. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
FALSE! 

That is not your problem as a citizen - these pofs that are elected vote on stuff like that and also happen to writre the tax laws.  So if their little bs scams dont work out - F em. 

I'm not paying a penny more than i have to.  and guess what - you dont or wont either. 

Lets stop the garbage already on this issue w the liberal faggetry and pajama boy bs. 

ok this is how this goes... if i ask a question on how something works, the answer cant be "false".. it isnt a true or false question.
So again... How do you "support the troops"... the federally tax paid military, without paying federal taxes?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2016, 11:57:59 AM »
ok this is how this goes... if i ask a question on how something works, the answer cant be "false".. it isnt a true or false question.
So again... How do you "support the troops"... the federally tax paid military, without paying federal taxes?

Not my problem.   I pay the least amount legally obligated too - same as you do.