Author Topic: Natural Routines They Don't Want You To Be Seeking  (Read 7253 times)

Bodybuilding365

• Getbig I
Natural Routines They Don't Want You To Be Seeking
« on: March 23, 2006, 03:54:36 PM »
Can someone help me stay mentally focused and bodybuilding 365 days of the year.  I take nutrition, conditioning, weightlifting, stretching, mental preparations very seriously.  The internet has been a great for me to find information in order to implement it into my workout.  Some of the sites I use to gather information are:

www.allrighthere.net
www.getbig.com
www.bodybuilding.com
www.discussbodybuilding. com
www.worldwidestrengthtra ining.com

Can someone recommend any additional sites to me.  My bench press is at 175 pounds and I need to try and increase my strength.  I want to be able to be a professional bodybuilder.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
Re: Natural Routines They Don't Want You To Be Seeking
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 04:13:18 PM »
How old are you? I'm not being mean, I'm just giving you a reality check. You aren't going to be a pro bodybuilder unless you take steroids. You can be a natural competitor, but those are few and far between.

Jay Cutler could bench over 300 on his first try in high school - before he started juicing I assume. That's natural strength. You can't match that kind of natural strength no matter how hard you train. People like that are elite.

Natural training is about looking good and being healthy. You can look fantastic training natural, but don't plan on making a career out of it.
"Shut the F up and train"

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »
Cutler could lift a picnic table at 15, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Supersoaker

• Getbig II
  • "No I'm not the guy in 40 year old virgin"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
Oh brother this guy sounds like a beast in progress!!!

Next he's going to ask the secret to Lee Priest arms hahaha.
"Stop asking me that"

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »

Jay Cutler could bench over 300 on his first try in high school - before he started juicing I assume. That's natural strength. You can't match that kind of natural strength no matter how hard you train. People like that are elite.

that my friend is bull shitt..
he is not benching 300 on his first try...
choice is an illusion

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 04:43:20 PM »
I gotta second that. I'm a cutler fan but lets take a reality check. An 18 yr old 175llb (and I don't give a rats arse what the mags say) Cutler did not bench 300 first time out.

They fucking print anything in these mags.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 04:56:40 PM »
I gotta second that. I'm a cutler fan but lets take a reality check. An 18 yr old 175llb (and I don't give a rats arse what the mags say) Cutler did not bench 300 first time out.

They fucking print anything in these mags.
That is entirely possible natural. There were plenty of guys of similar size who were stronger than that at my high school. Kids at my school were for the most part low income and couldn't afford drugs so their lifts were indeed natural. The grow em strong in south Georgia ;D I was benching 265 my senior year at a weight of 135. I was a wrestler in high school and many of my teammates were that strong or stronger. We had a couple of 400 pound benchers on the football team. Its called hard work. :-\

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »
Jay sure as shit didn't look like he could bench 315 at 18 if you see pics of him.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 05:07:16 PM »
Jay sure as shit didn't look like he could bench 315 at 18 if you see pics of him.
I'll take your word for it. I'm just saying it is posible to be that strong at the weight he claims in high school without drugs.

body88

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 05:11:12 PM »
My buddy squatted 405 ass to the grass for reps at our football workouts regularly when we were 17. he was about 190 obviously good genetics and stacked

There are those freaks out there

Supersoaker

• Getbig II
  • "No I'm not the guy in 40 year old virgin"
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »
"Stop asking me that"

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 05:13:17 PM »
I'll take your word for it. I'm just saying it is posible to be that strong at the weight he claims in high school without drugs.

True, but not on their first try. ;)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »
I did about 135 my first bench.  I'm a fucking BEAST!  ALL NATURAL BABY.
N

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
i did 115, honest truth.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Slick Vic

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 05:42:25 PM »
I want to be able to be a professional bodybuilder.
Yeah. You and everyone else.  ::)

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »

Jay at 18 looks as big as you now mass-wise. No disrespect.
"Shut the F up and train"

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »
Jay at 18 looks as big as you now mass-wise. No disrespect.
no he doesn't, not even close, i saw those same pics in Flex and he was 180 tops.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »
I'd say this kid stands a better chance of being a pro bodybuilder if he STAYS NATURAL, rather than if he becomes just another juice monkey.

Let me explain my reasoning...
Cheap, reliable, fool-proof, efficient and fast blood doping testing is on the way, sooner rather than later (5 to 10 years). Once that happens expect the Olympics to go natural, for real (no more world records)... followed pretty quickly by most amateur sporting bodies (bodybuilding included) who get tax cuts they can't afford to lose by being designated as such. Then HMO's and employers begin demanding testing of every burly person they can find "for insurance purposes". Imagine your dentist demanding that you prove you're not on steroids before he'll drill your tooth because his insurance won't cover persons taking (illicit) drugs that interact negatively with anaesthetic.

Now consider whether non-drug tested contests would still be allowed (in a legal sense) once the public at large gets a whiff of the epidemic of steroid use in (all) sports and how long it's been going on. Bodybuilding contests being outlawed isn't completely out of the question, think "Tonight on 60 minutes... my 12 year-old son died from steroids" followed by some media scare mongering along the lines of "Won't somebody please think of the children!" 
The political tide is already begining to turn as a result of the recent revelations in baseball. I'd hazard a guess that serious legislation is on the way.... perhaps along the lines of government subsidised (or free) steroid testing done in government labs for Natural sporting bodies.

If the public begins to associate any amount of muscle with cheating, poor sportsmanship and steroids, we may find that only proven natural athletes attract sponsorship dollars. Or even that sponsors themselves demand (now cheap) rigorous drug testing of the athletes they sponsor, maybe even for the contestants of shows they sponsor.

So, when people discuss who might be the next Mr O after Ronnie retires.... maybe we should be considering Derik Farnsworth?

Doesn't Farnsworth already have a (relatively) large sponsorship deal with Stallone's InStone product line?
Which other 3rd tier, last in every contest pro* in the IFBB earns anything equivalent??

So, my advice to Bodybuilding365 would be to stay natural... read up on the training protocals of current top naturals (Farnsworth, Whittset, La Cour, Hansen) and everything written by Arthur Jones, Ellington Darden and Mike Mentzer... it'll be a lot easier than trying to gain 200 lbs of muscle trying to beat Ronnie, and greatly improves your chances of earning enough money from bodybuilding to make it your profession.

Personally I'd rather fall short of being Mike Mentzer and end up looking like a smooth Frank Zane (as most naturals do), than fall short of Ronnie Coleman and end up looking like King Kamali (as most juicers do).

The Luke

*...please note: this comment is meant as a statement of fact and is not intended in any way to denigrate either Derik Farnsworth or his physique. As a lifetime natural myself I have nothing but the utmost respect for Derik and what he has achieved while holding fast to his principles. If you're reading this Derik, please come on over to the Natural Bodybuilding board... we'd be thrilled to have you.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »
actually for the reply about stregnth  being a world class powerlifter natrualy is way more possible than a pro bodybuilder. you can natrualy build that type of mass but there definatly natrualy powerlifters who put many years into it who win natrually.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 05:50:11 PM »
Cutler could lift a picnic table at 15, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was one of those old-fashioned 437 lb. tables. ;D

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »
And it was one of those old-fashioned 437 lb. tables. ;D

On his first try, for 12 reps, with out 6 Kamali spotters, in the snow.
Motherboy (the band).

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 12:17:53 AM »
I'd say this kid stands a better chance of being a pro bodybuilder if he STAYS NATURAL, rather than if he becomes just another juice monkey.

Let me explain my reasoning...
Cheap, reliable, fool-proof, efficient and fast blood doping testing is on the way, sooner rather than later (5 to 10 years). Once that happens expect the Olympics to go natural, for real (no more world records)... followed pretty quickly by most amateur sporting bodies (bodybuilding included) who get tax cuts they can't afford to lose by being designated as such. Then HMO's and employers begin demanding testing of every burly person they can find "for insurance purposes". Imagine your dentist demanding that you prove you're not on steroids before he'll drill your tooth because his insurance won't cover persons taking (illicit) drugs that interact negatively with anaesthetic.

Now consider whether non-drug tested contests would still be allowed (in a legal sense) once the public at large gets a whiff of the epidemic of steroid use in (all) sports and how long it's been going on. Bodybuilding contests being outlawed isn't completely out of the question, think "Tonight on 60 minutes... my 12 year-old son died from steroids" followed by some media scare mongering along the lines of "Won't somebody please think of the children!" 
The political tide is already begining to turn as a result of the recent revelations in baseball. I'd hazard a guess that serious legislation is on the way.... perhaps along the lines of government subsidised (or free) steroid testing done in government labs for Natural sporting bodies.

If the public begins to associate any amount of muscle with cheating, poor sportsmanship and steroids, we may find that only proven natural athletes attract sponsorship dollars. Or even that sponsors themselves demand (now cheap) rigorous drug testing of the athletes they sponsor, maybe even for the contestants of shows they sponsor.

So, when people discuss who might be the next Mr O after Ronnie retires.... maybe we should be considering Derik Farnsworth?

Doesn't Farnsworth already have a (relatively) large sponsorship deal with Stallone's InStone product line?
Which other 3rd tier, last in every contest pro* in the IFBB earns anything equivalent??

So, my advice to Bodybuilding365 would be to stay natural... read up on the training protocals of current top naturals (Farnsworth, Whittset, La Cour, Hansen) and everything written by Arthur Jones, Ellington Darden and Mike Mentzer... it'll be a lot easier than trying to gain 200 lbs of muscle trying to beat Ronnie, and greatly improves your chances of earning enough money from bodybuilding to make it your profession.

Personally I'd rather fall short of being Mike Mentzer and end up looking like a smooth Frank Zane (as most naturals do), than fall short of Ronnie Coleman and end up looking like King Kamali (as most juicers do).

The Luke

*...please note: this comment is meant as a statement of fact and is not intended in any way to denigrate either Derik Farnsworth or his physique. As a lifetime natural myself I have nothing but the utmost respect for Derik and what he has achieved while holding fast to his principles. If you're reading this Derik, please come on over to the Natural Bodybuilding board... we'd be thrilled to have you.

Steroids will be a thing of the past but not because of testing...But because their will be more powerful less harmful options...Everything is moving so fast now...Steroids being in the news almost everyday is actually a good thing for the athlete of the future and it has nothing to do with "the natural way"...Records tomorrow will be blown apart in the future and it will have nothing to do with steroids...

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57:21 PM »
On his first try, for 12 reps, with out 6 Kamali spotters, in the snow.

LOL, I will never understand a man who needs 6 spotters for the Smith machine ;D Jay is too Animal for that.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »
You know, there is a Japanese guy in my gym that its a mistery....
The guy with only a few months of trainning , can bench more or less 230-250, for 8 solid reps with complete motion and without assitance...
 You may think this is not too much, but the guy is very small (more or less skinny) and is monster WEAK in absolutely every f*cking movement...
 How can a person that do triceps pressdowns with 40 pounds, skull crushers with 50 pounds, shoulder laterals with +- 20 pounds (and all of that with reasonable difficulty) do bench presses with 250???????????
 And the strangest thing...i do 3 do 5 times more weight than him in every exercise, but i do half of what he can on bench...
 Im not saying Cutler could bench all of this (300) so young, but there are strong and lucky people in the world....
 Man, life its unfair  :-[
!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 02:10:08 PM »
Some people are just naturally strong. I doubt he did 300 the first time, but he probably worked up to that level very quickly.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha