Author Topic: June 15th is my official retirement day. My last day of work is the 10th  (Read 2518 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Surprisingly, after 23.5 years with this department, and 10 years prior military, I'm a little pensive about entering the retired mode. I'm certainly excited about the upcoming traveling and never having to work again but it's still a weird feeling and I'm still mentally adjusting to the idea. I find myself noting the "last times" like the last time I will have to wear a tie in uniform was yesterday. My last staff meeting will be tomorrow.  :)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Surprisingly, after 23.5 years with this department, and 10 years prior military, I'm a little pensive about entering the retired mode. I'm certainly excited about the upcoming traveling and never having to work again but it's still a weird feeling and I'm still mentally adjusting to the idea. I find myself noting the "last times" like the last time I will have to wear a tie in uniform was yesterday. My last staff meeting will be tomorrow.  :)

Congrats, and maybe think about starting a business specializing in security issues.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Good luck man!

Sounds like you've earned the time off.
Y

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Congrats, how old are you? At 50 (soon) I feel like retiring...

M4tad0r

• Getbig III
Just on time, after threads like this, http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=329944.0, only time before something major happens.

If I were you I would be looking for a nice Villa(house) in Costa Rica, Colombia or Spain. The first two countries would let you live like a king down there with your pension, Colombia has the finest women in Latin America, and Spain everybody from Europe goes there in the summer for vacation. Great cuisine, life and good people to hang out with.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Enjoy life man.  Do things you never would have thought.  Paddle Boarding and ogle the chicas at the beach.  Backpack through Australia.  Rape dozens of whores in Costa Rica.  Go to Cuba and enjoy cheap whores and fine cigars.  I like to stick the cigars in their twats then smoke them afterwards.  Adds a musky element to the smoke.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

You have my understanding with regards to how big a decision it is to retire. It is as difficult a transition as getting a divorce or so I have been told. Your coworkers will likely ask you what you plan to do. Don't feel like you need to commit to anything, just leave it open as to how you will use all that free time. You will be fine. If you get bored, you can always volunteer at whatever interests you or go back to school and only take classes for the fun of it because you aren't preparing for a career like when you were in college as a young person. If you workout, you will have so much more time to go to the gym and you can go when it isn't busy.

It took me two years and seeing a psychologist for awhile to work through my retirement fear, which is basically fear of the unknown. I've been retired for 6 years now and I can honestly say that I have no interest in returning to work. The best thing to be about retirement is that I get to do whatever I want with each day. There was some fear of not having enough money. What a joke! My retirement income exceeds what I made when working.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
You have my understanding with regards to how big a decision it is to retire. It is as difficult a transition as getting a divorce or so I have been told. Your coworkers will likely ask you what you plan to do. Don't feel like you need to commit to anything, just leave it open as to how you will use all that free time. You will be fine. If you get bored, you can always volunteer at whatever interests you or go back to school and only take classes for the fun of it because you aren't preparing for a career like when you were in college as a young person. If you workout, you will have so much more time to go to the gym and you can go when it isn't busy.

It took me two years and seeing a psychologist for awhile to work through my retirement fear, which is basically fear of the unknown. I've been retired for 6 years now and I can honestly say that I have no interest in returning to work. The best thing to be about retirement is that I get to do whatever I want with each day. There was some fear of not having enough money. What a joke! My retirement income exceeds what I made when working.

I appreciate the post. I don't think I'm at the level of fear you were at, more anxious about the change I guess. I'm 53 and fortunate to be able to retire this early. I've already booked some trips (vegas, Newport Beach Ca) and some other small excursions. I'm really excited about being able to rent a condo on the beach for 6 weeks in Nov-Dec in Playa Del Carmen. As someone else mentioned we plan on hitting Cuba while we are down there. I don't see myself getting bored but if that happens, like you said I can always volunteer. That's pretty sweet that you make more retired than working. I'm in a similar boat. I was able to take advantage of some retirement options with our pension and buy 5 years permissive time, along with the 2 years military time I previously bought so I'll have a retirement based on 30.5 years rather than the 23.5 years. So I'll see a significant take home pay increase.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Congratulations!

judochoke

• Getbig III
been retired for one year. sometimes sucks, most of the time its great. in bed at 11 pm, up at 8 am. 9 hours of sleep made me a new man. two workouts a day, feeling good. good luck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
congrats man.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Congrats!!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Good for you bud, thats awesome...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Congratulations.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
been retired for one year. sometimes sucks, most of the time its great. in bed at 11 pm, up at 8 am. 9 hours of sleep made me a new man. two workouts a day, feeling good. good luck.

What part sucks about being retired?

And thanks to all the congrats

Jizzacked

Living the dream.. enjoy that pension as it is a rare commodity these days. 

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
How many times a day will you masturbate?
P

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
How many times a day will you masturbate?
Until he's in the grave.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Well done, congratulations.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
You've earned it, enjoy the heck out of it.  Whatever brain power you were using for work should be put to use in other endeavors lest you start to lose your mental acuity.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
congrats

enjoy your new throne

"