Author Topic: NY Daily News Blames NRA For Orlando Shooting  (Read 2567 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: NY Daily News Blames NRA For Orlando Shooting
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »
If I "claim" I"m going to do this or that to a person, it's not free speech, it's a THREAT.

If you publicly proclaim your allegiance with a group promising to hurt america, you're making a threat to nat'l security.

I cannot believe anyone is defending taking guns away from someone doing this. 
That is an issue of free speech you fucking idiot!!! So is yelling fire in a packed movie theatre. The difference is that the law does not protect yelling fire as free speech and it does pledging allegiance to ignorant ideologies.

Again, YOU CANNOT STRIP SOMEONES CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT WITHOUT DUE PROCESS

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 12:32:18 PM »
That is an issue of free speech you fucking idiot!!! So is yelling fire in a packed movie theatre. The difference is that the law does not protect yelling fire as free speech and it does pledging allegiance to ignorant ideologies.

Again, YOU CANNOT STRIP SOMEONES CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT WITHOUT DUE PROCESS

Why does the law protect those who claim to support hamas or isis? 

it's just as dangerous as yelling fire in a theater.  Maybe worse.

you're calling me an F'ing idiot, which tells me youre angry.   Anger comes from a place inside you that realizes I'm a little right here.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
Why does the law protect those who claim to support hamas or isis? 

it's just as dangerous as yelling fire in a theater.  Maybe worse.

you're calling me an F'ing idiot, which tells me youre angry.   Anger comes from a place inside you that realizes I'm a little right here.
Haha holy shit son, go back and read my posts fuck nugget.

I already told you if you have an issue with that than to pass a law prohibiting it and make it a felony. That would prevent people like them from buying guns!!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »
Andre how does an "assault rifle" differ from a pistol?

it differs in that Pistols have legitimate uses for self-protection....assault rifles do not...also a guy with a pistol may kill a few people but he would have to be a great shot and the damage would be limited...with an assault rifle you can just fire quickly with more ammunition thus killing more people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 01:40:46 PM »
it differs in that Pistols have legitimate uses for self-protection....assault rifles do not...also a guy with a pistol may kill a few people but he would have to be a great shot and the damage would be limited...with an assault rifle you can just fire quickly with more ammunition thus killing more people.

False

Smarten Up sparky - semi auto is semi auto 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »
people on the no-fly and terror-watch list can currently walk into a gun store and order a case of AR-15s.

Think about that.   Dems, obama, trump all agree with it.    NRA and Senate Repubs are against it.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 01:55:19 PM »

How is a pistol more capable of legitimate self protection than an assault rifle?  He wasn't firing from a rooftop 1000 feet away using a scope, so I don't know how he could fire the assault rifle more accurately than the pistol.  You pull the trigger on an assault rifle just the same as a pistol, 1 trigger pull gets 1 bullet.

Everything. You just typed was wrong as usual

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »
Well it's not really up to your opinion on what is or isn't needed for self defense so let's stick to the mechanics of the guns.

Pistols can shoot just as fast as rifles which means you can have just as many injuries. Pistols allow for high capacity magazines just like rifles so you can fire just as many rounds without reloading.

Pistols account for far more deaths every year over rifles.

Why are you ok with people owning pistols that can kill just as many just as quickly as rifles?

iwantmass

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
Well it's not really up to your opinion on what is or isn't needed for self defense so let's stick to the mechanics of the guns.

Pistols can shoot just as fast as rifles which means you can have just as many injuries. Pistols allow for high capacity magazines just like rifles so you can fire just as many rounds without reloading.

Why are you ok with people owning pistols that can kill just as many just as quickly as rifles?

Independent thought really isn't Andre's thing. He just repeats talking points

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
John McCain says Obama is 'directly responsible' for the Orlando terrorist attack

Pamela Engel

1h    8,515  73
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER
EMAIL
PRINT
U.S. Senator John McCain arrives on a visit at a migrant center near the village of Adasevci, Serbia February 12, 2016.      REUTERS/Marko Djurica 
US Sen. John McCain on a visit at a migrant center near the village of Adasevci, Serbia.Thomson Reuters

Sen. John McCain on Thursday delivered and quickly walked back comments saying President Barack Obama was "directly responsible" for the terrorist attack on an LGBTQ nightclub in Orlando, Florida, earlier this week.
The Republican senator from Arizona reportedly argued that Obama was to blame for the shooting that left 49 people dead because his administration's Middle East policy led to the rise of the terrorist group ISIS.

"Barack Obama is directly responsible for it, because when he pulled everybody out of Iraq, al-Qaeda went to Syria, became ISIS, and ISIS is what it is today thanks to Barack Obama’s failures," McCain said, according to The Washington Post.

McCain make the remarks to a small group of reporters in a Senate hallway, according to the Post. His comments were made in response to a question about gun control.

Later in the afternoon, McCain released a statement saying he "misspoke":

"I misspoke. I did not mean to imply that the President was personally responsible. I was referring to President Obama's national security decisions, not the President himself. As I have said, President Obama's decision to completely withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq in 2011 led to the rise of ISIL. I and others have long warned that the failure of the President’s policy to deny ISIL safe haven would allow the terrorist organization to inspire, plan, direct or conduct attacks on the United States and Europe as they have done in Paris, Brussels, San Bernardino and now Orlando."

The gunman who carried out the Orlando attack, a US citizen, pledged allegiance to ISIS in phone calls and Facebook posts made during the attack.

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid's office quickly issued a statement condemning McCain's comments.

"Senator McCain's unhinged comments are just the latest proof that Senate Republicans are puppets of Donald Trump," said Adam Jentleson, Reid's deputy chief of staff.

"This is the party of Trump," he added.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »
McCain is flat out wrong on this.

If he wants to follow history completely, then he would say that removing Saddam from power in Iraq caused the rise of ISIS and in turn this shooter.

Both are completely false though. This kid shot who he wanted to shoot.  He was born in the US to parents that came over in 80s when the US was FOR the afghani people and against the Soviet Union. He wasn't a recent immigrant... Hell, he wasn't an immigrant at all.

So really, this is just a flat out lie on every level.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:59 PM »
mccain is about to lose his re-election race.

he's appealing to crazy trump base because that's how he wins his race.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
McCain is flat out wrong on this.

If he wants to follow history completely, then he would say that removing Saddam from power in Iraq caused the rise of ISIS and in turn this shooter.

Both are completely false though. This kid shot who he wanted to shoot.  He was born in the US to parents that came over in 80s when the US was FOR the afghani people and against the Soviet Union. He wasn't a recent immigrant... Hell, he wasn't an immigrant at all.

So really, this is just a flat out lie on every level.

Agreed 1000%

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »

Andre, care to answer?

Any of the posters who want to ban "assault rifles"